Koh Tao - Hunt continues for British tourists murderers

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this could end up like the Chiang Mai guest house murder case with red herrings and muddied waters galore

I don't think so. All they need to do is match the people to the dna on the cigs/sperm. That would be pretty conclusive to be fair

Who owned the hoe. It would have been put away at the end of the day. The person who takes care of the tools should know. The cops should look where the garden tools are kept and who would have access to them. Every worker I have ever had, keeps their tools locked up at the end of the day. As they are expensive.I have never seen a worker leave their tools out in the open at night.

I woud'nt be so sure about that. Next door to me they are building a new bungalow. At days end all their gear is cleaned and left under the bungalow in their big concrete mixing tub. So probably some where close by there might be a building site whose mixing hoe is missing. Have they asked yet ?

"One senior officer told the BBC he did not believe a Thai person could have committed such a crime."

Thai men can be vicious and typically leave a confrontation in order to come back tooled-up and/or in numbers to go as OTT as possible. Surely the example below must have the wrong people in the frame for the good Samaritan who broke up a fight and so they came back to kill him!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/two-thai-men-accused-of-killing-good-samaritan-luke-mitchell-to-stand-trial-for-murder/story-fni0fee2-1227063052635?nk=3c91eac071799f4e492786e3e0417e4b

More publicity of the Land of Shame needs to go around the world as Thailand is a danger to all who have the TAT impression of a peaceful, gentle Buddhist people! Too many teenagers run around with guns and knives and just get a rap on the knuckles and back on the street. At least these two will face Australian justice.

I've witnessed a thai female hotel owner attack a customer with a rock, for moaning about builders starting hammering unannounced at 7 oclock ish 10 feet from their room, so don't rule them out

Maj Gen Kiattipong said it seemed the two men had shared a cigarette about the time Miller and Witheridge had walked past them, heading to the sandy area of the beach where they were murdered. A hoe from a nearby vegetable garden had been used in the murder, he said.

Police still thought that foreign workers on Koh Tao, especially Rohingya, were the most likely suspects, but had not ruled out Thais visiting or living on Koh Tao, or foreign tourists, the Surat Thani i police chief said

The murderers might have used two weapons. The blood on the hoe was from Witheridge alone, Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong said. The other weapon was likely weapon was likely to be a metal object used to bludgeon Miller.

look like they need look for 2 local people , that probaly has gone in to hiding, or left the island , not likely it is a Thai Tourist, and what about rumors ,on the Thai that lost face in bar there?

• Like 1

Who owned the hoe. It would have been put away at the end of the day. The person who takes care of the tools should know. The cops should look where the garden tools are kept and who would have access to them. Every worker I have ever had, keeps their tools locked up at the end of the day. As they are expensive.I have never seen a worker leave their tools out in the open at night.

I woud'nt be so sure about that. Next door to me they are building a new bungalow. At days end all their gear is cleaned and left under the bungalow in their big concrete mixing tub. So probably some where close by there might be a building site whose mixing hoe is missing. Have they asked yet ?

would a 'Burmese worker take offense to westerners 'shagging ' on the beach, aint their country, more likely to be thai, thinking this is our country

disrespectful ect ect , reality subliminally, it should be me facepalm.gif

Maj Gen Kiattipong said it seemed the two men had shared a cigarette about the time Miller and Witheridge had walked past them, heading to the sandy area of the beach where they were murdered. A hoe from a nearby vegetable garden had been used in the murder, he said.

Police still thought that foreign workers on Koh Tao, especially Rohingya, were the most likely suspects, but had not ruled out Thais visiting or living on Koh Tao, or foreign tourists, the Surat Thani i police chief said

The murderers might have used two weapons. The blood on the hoe was from Witheridge alone, Pol Maj Gen Kiattipong said. The other weapon was likely weapon was likely to be a metal object used to bludgeon Miller.

look like they need look for 2 local people , that probaly has gone in to hiding, or left the island , not likely it is a Thai Tourist, and what about rumors ,on the Thai that lost face in bar there?

Looks like what I've heard from friends on Koh Tao etc and some dodgy Facebook posts might be right.

We never know though, let's just hope the real killer is caught

rijit,

yup, but at least the girls don't tend to come back tooled up and in numbers like the guys etc.

it's about time the uninformed tourists got fed the truth about their standing in Thailand and the dangers that TAT don't include in their brochures.

Still trying to pin it on the Brits and now the rhoyinga. If they would not rule out the Thais they might get somewhere. But as everyone knows a Thai wouldn't do it, so why even consider them. Eventually this will go away anyway, at least that's the hope.

The idiots need to broaden their thoughts and get them away from it was a foreigner. Start looking at the thought of ummm it may have been a Thai/Thais.

Nahh forget that as it is bad for tourism and money. Being so narrow minded this case will never be solved and just listed as another unknown foreigner did it, case solved and what's next?

As the P.M said it was their fault they were murdered so why waste taxpayer money on trivial things. Have a happiness concert to promote in Bangkok and get applause from my people.

• Like 1

I heard through rumour control that a young Thai was getting hot with the deceased girl whilst in the bar and that Mr Miller intervened with the Thai leaving the bar, a Thai losing face will do anything to gain his reputation back even murder someone could this have been the case ? It seems that the only suspects appear to be migrant workers or the deceased's best friend which I find most disturbing . Sadly island police on Koh Tao, Phangan or Samui are only capable of taking monies from tourists for not wearing motor cycle helmets they are not experienced or trained to handle such serious cases I often see them standing around Tesco Lotus smoking or drinking coffee they are poorly paid and appear non motivated to do there job I was disturbed and angry to hear that some of the police at the scene of the crime were posting pictures on there private face book pages

This seems to be what everyone is saying about the circumstances leading up to the murders. Surely if this version of events is so widely in circulation, and numerous people and sources are aware of it, the Police will have gotten word of it and be looking into it to determine how much truth there is to it?

I'm sure they know full well - but as someone mentioned on another thread, Koh Tao is essentially controlled by 3 families. In that case its quite possible that the perpetrators have enough connections to have the Police paid to keep the circus running in exactly the wrong direction.

Edit - as was the case with the Kirsty Jones murder

Pretty much sums it up. So throw away your hedonism and vote with your feet. Go somewhere else for your holidays. Can you?

rijit,

yup, but at least the girls don't tend to come back tooled up and in numbers like the guys etc.

it's about time the uninformed tourists got fed the truth about their standing in Thailand and the dangers that TAT don't include in their brochures.

yeah, but the girls would be quick enough to call the 'family' in as happened to a divorcing mate of mine after his ex found out all the property was in his sons name !!!!

Edited by rijit

Mixed seemen in she vagina, it can still be one guy that done it, probaly the dead english had sex with she, and the killer ,killed him and raped the women,, did not see anybody of your smart guys here think off this..

maybe thats because smart boys in here already know that they have said it was not his, being able to read and understand what is being said helps a lot, try again........

• Like 1

This is turning into the usual Thai circus. They claim to have mixed semen samples and from there they could determine DNA and subsequently ethnicity of the culprit, yet, no mention of this or forensics on the suspected weapon (Hoe), blood type,fingerprints, DNA and still they beat about the big bush with only one eye open.

I understand that a forensic team from the UK is en route and the sooner the better before this get truly out of hand .

That was my original thought (to bring in a UK forensics team) the day I heard about this tragedy. Just wish they'd gotten to LOS sooner.....

I hope it's true and doesn't turn out to be a rumor.

I heard through rumour control that a young Thai was getting hot with the deceased girl whilst in the bar and that Mr Miller intervened with the Thai leaving the bar, a Thai losing face will do anything to gain his reputation back even murder someone could this have been the case ? It seems that the only suspects appear to be migrant workers or the deceased's best friend which I find most disturbing . Sadly island police on Koh Tao, Phangan or Samui are only capable of taking monies from tourists for not wearing motor cycle helmets they are not experienced or trained to handle such serious cases I often see them standing around Tesco Lotus smoking or drinking coffee they are poorly paid and appear non motivated to do there job I was disturbed and angry to hear that some of the police at the scene of the crime were posting pictures on there private face book pages

This seems to be what everyone is saying about the circumstances leading up to the murders. Surely if this version of events is so widely in circulation, and numerous people and sources are aware of it, the Police will have gotten word of it and be looking into it to determine how much truth there is to it?

I'm sure they know full well - but as someone mentioned on another thread, Koh Tao is essentially controlled by 3 families. In that case its quite possible that the perpetrators have enough connections to have the Police paid to keep the circus running in exactly the wrong direction.

Edit - as was the case with the Kirsty Jones murder

Well, now is the time for the PM to put a special investigation team in, target these three families and send all the KT police down to Pattani for a stint. This looks like corruption in the highest degree, something he has sworn to stamp out.

I thought this all along-Thai loses face, calls his mates and waits for David to leave bar.

We will see how the general will oversee this area of the investigation involving, god forbid, a Thai or two.

The world will be watching this play out so I doubt corruption will come into it. Then again TIT.

Correct, only a local would know. I can't see a foreigner carrying torches.

Look from the cowardly act and lack of serious direction of investigation You can be sure it was a connected Thai who did this murder. Maybe video of bar they were at might offer a clue. Why would the police rule out a Thai unless they were paid to do so.

• Like 2

Depends on the make of cigarette. Not many foreigners smoke Thai brands.

Cheap Charlies do

if considered thera are backpackers around it says nothing...

According to the police commander interviewed by Sky last night the cigarette butt(s) found were of the cheap brand not smoked by Thais so it was likely foreigners. I took that comment as meaning he was pointing at Myanmar, not falang backpackers.

Since it looks like this investigation is purely being directed by presumptions on the part of investigating Thai officers I think we (as Brits, falangs and former tourists in Thailand and therefore likely to have presumptions just as valid as the Thais in this case) should be entitled to add ours. I'll add mine - I do not believe that two falang backpackers who would have known these two friends for a few days at most would have any conceivable motive to pick up implements and do such horrendous coordinated damage.