Need to get to BKK from DMK in the Middle of the night.

canuckamuck

Next month I have an international flight leaving from Savarnabhumi at 6:50 AM.

I would like to travel to Bangkok in the night from either Chiang Rai or Chiang Mai, and make my way to BKK.

I understand the domestic travel is all through DMK now.

So what flight should I get and how do I get from DMK to BKK in the night.

If I can skip DMK that would be good, but I don't want to pay through the teeth either.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I am not wanting to visit Bangkok, I am leaving Thailand via Survanabhumi but I assumed I had to land at Don Muang. Because of the domestic flight from CM or CR

Something I forgot to add was there will be three of us, possibly two bags each. Taxi won't work, but two probably would

Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways both fly into Suvarnabhumi from Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. You would have to check prices on their websites, but the Chiang Mai to BKK route is a highly competitive route and those two airlines often have very competitive prices despite being overpriced on many of their other routes.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I am not wanting to visit Bangkok, I am leaving Thailand via Survanabhumi but I assumed I had to land at Don Muang. Because of the domestic flight from CM or CR

Something I forgot to add was there will be three of us, possibly two bags each. Taxi won't work, but two probably would

You were perfectly clear to those who bothered to read your post properly. However, better to fly direct to BKK book a room in a hotel and use their free shuttle service to and from the airport. Not sure if they start early enough for you in the morning.

1. You will have to fly from Changmai

2. Bangkok Airways have code shares with many of the International Airlines flying from Swampy so you usually can route your baggage through.

3. The last flight from CNX will get you there around 10.30hrs.

4. You could wait in the airport until check in, but if it is code share with you Airline then try to get booked straight through so that you can stay in the departure lounge.

5. If you don't have frequent flyer priviledges then you could buy entry into one of the independant lounges where you can relax perchance to dream.

To check all the flights from Changmai to BKK and code shares go here:

http://www.flightstats.com

Look I take your flight out is important and also so freaking early So I say take train to BKK day before once in BKK from train station walk about one block jump on MRT subway gett off at makason think that is how it is spell book hotel at Nasa Vegasegas hotel get massage and whatever Then at 4:30 am get up on day of flight. grab your stuff take escaltor up to airport link line pay 40 baht to airport take elavator upstairs check in get your flight. book hotel through AGODA .com cost of hotel about 11-15 us a night clean good food. total cost for all maybe 30.00 USD That's my cheap Charlie package of the day.

Take a VIP bus at little cost and take a sleeping pill. You can buy two over the counter for 20 Baht. Best travel value in the world. I usually save the sleeping pills for a long flight because slow buses put me to sleep. Nice rocking motion.

If you arrive too soon for your flight check into Plai Garden hotel ( 10 minutes from the airport) for 800 Baht and sleep some more. Free shuttle to airport.

DM to BKK 350baht including tolls per taxi, take 2 taxi's...

I will assume from your avatar that you are Canadian and therefore headed for Vancouver.

The next time you have to do this journey, think of taking Eva Air, since their flight to Taipei with connection to YVR leaves at 4.30 pm. Leaving at that time totally obviates the need to find a hotel. You can check yr bags through to YVR from CNX.

Look I take your flight out is important and also so freaking early So I say take train to BKK day before once in BKK from train station walk about one block jump on MRT subway gett off at makason think that is how it is spell book hotel at Nasa Vegasegas hotel get massage and whatever Then at 4:30 am get up on day of flight. grab your stuff take escaltor up to airport link line pay 40 baht to airport take elavator upstairs check in get your flight. book hotel through AGODA .com cost of hotel about 11-15 us a night clean good food. total cost for all maybe 30.00 USD That's my cheap Charlie package of the day.

"So I say take train to BKK day before once in BKK ..."

The O/P and others are using BKK for Suvarnabhumi, not the city.

Oh since your flying grab van cab should do still I would stay at Nasa Vegas get up early Take shower eat so your relaxed for your flight.Airport link line 15 to swampy Up stairs to check in then short walk to gate grab a coffee do exchange maybe burger. Do this every 6 months routine for me And skytrain so relaxing .

Even tho' I can afford better - I love a cheap Charlie package smile.png

Archived