Scotland votes no to independence

webfact

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of Jellyfish. Scotland should have a referendum to change their name from: Scotland to Spineless/KissAssLand.

Quite, I'm embarrassed to be a Scot today - what a bunch of narrow-minded dumpties.

The front page pre referendum VOW is already being threatened with being renaged on,

watched a post result interview with William Hague and when asked about the promised

new revenue raising powers for the post referendum Scottish government and continuation

of the Barnett payment system he immediately said " oh well if there are new revenue raising

powers for the Scottish government we may have to adjust the Barnett system payment levels."

The ink is barely dry on the counting officers declaration papers and the Westminister rats are

up to their old lying and cheating ways, nothing new there then. @asterds of the highest order.

facepalm.gifbah.gifw00t.gif

To be fair to the brave Scots voters, as apposed to the bigoted nationalist, I think very few if any changed their voting intentions due to what the 3 Westminster clowns were saying, the intelligent Scottish voters realised that any further Scottish subsidies would have to be endorsed by a parliament consisting of M.P's from all over the country and not the 3 unwise men.

The three unwise men all carrying with them an office of whips and of course the three line whip (which means attend and vote with your party, or sit on the back benches until we find a way to deselect/brief against you). If they want to pass legislation, they could... very very easily. Youre not talking a Major or Callaghan government held up by the prospect of a few bastards trying to force a no confidence motion in a soon to be (or already) minority government. Youre looking at around 630 out of a possible 650 votes. Only a declaration of war garners that kind of cross party potential.

Also, it doesnt matter who changed their minds, who didnt, nor who voted for independence and who didnt. To a man and woman, everybody in Scotland will be expecting that vow to be kept regardless of their own personal standpoint on the matter whilst inside the voting booth marking their cross for yes.

• Like 1

I wonder what the turn out would be if all our previous colonies had a chance to return to Britain (and become the UK)?

Would Hong Kong prefer to be with us, or the Chinese? Hong kongers I know hate the mainland Chinese and are very British-ish. Myanmar you don't even need to think about, they'd be 1000 times better off with British rule. Talk to any cab driver in Sri Lanka and they wish the British had stayed. The list keeps going. Good for Scotland, I'm happy they stayed and my Scottish friends all voted No.

Recent Colonies that want to stay British along with Scotland are: Gibraltar and The Falklands!

• Like 1

I wonder what the turn out would be if all our previous colonies had a chance to return to Britain (and become the UK)?

Would Hong Kong prefer to be with us, or the Chinese? Hong kongers I know hate the mainland Chinese and are very British-ish. Myanmar you don't even need to think about, they'd be 1000 times better off with British rule. Talk to any cab driver in Sri Lanka and they wish the British had stayed. The list keeps going. Good for Scotland, I'm happy they stayed and my Scottish friends all voted No.

yep.. I was in Gibraltar when they had their referendum. I think 3 (or was it 4)people voted to join Spain. Someone on here will know the figure I'm sure.

That, together with Catalan, is probably why the Spanish Prime Minister waded into the debate about Scotland and the EU.

I seem to remember Jack Straw backed off after this referendom results organised by the Gibraltarians

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibraltar_sovereignty_referendum,_2002

Edited by MAJIC

45% or more dont want to live in UK !!

This is a great victory for england ??

It is a great victory for democracy, for what most would argue to be a free and fair referendum. Don't start lashing out at all and sundry because the vote didn't go your way. Edited by baboon

Madness is over. This is win of common sense.

Deception based on irrational and blind nationalism has lost.

I hope forever.

This cannot be regarded as madness because almost half the Scottish voters (45 %) wanted independence, 55 % of voters went against this and Scotland will remain part of the UK as it has been for 307 years.

The "YES" voters wanted their country to be independent in order to ensure that they have no more control from others.

Due to the large numbers of Scots that wanted independence the British government will provide additional political freedom for Scotland in order to ensure that they will continue to stay within the UK.

When those matters take place in Scotland this will then also be requested by Wales & Nth.Ireland and they will no doubt receive the same addition in order to keep them all in the United Kingdom (UK).

Don't forget English people will want the same equal shares of the goodies! and starting off with Nigel Farage @ UKIP already demanding in writing that no Scottish MPs are entitled to vote in our British Parliament!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

I hope forever.

This cannot be regarded as madness because almost half the Scottish voters (45 %) wanted independence, 55 % of voters went against this and Scotland will remain part of the UK as it has been for 307 years.

The "YES" voters wanted their country to be independent in order to ensure that they have no more control from others.

Due to the large numbers of Scots that wanted independence the British government will provide additional political freedom for Scotland in order to ensure that they will continue to stay within the UK.

When those matters take place in Scotland this will then also be requested by Wales & Nth.Ireland and they will no doubt receive the same addition in order to keep them all in the United Kingdom (UK).

Don't forget English people will want the same equal shares of the goodies! and starting off with Nigel Farage @ UKIP already demanding in writing that no Scottish MPs are entitled to vote in our British Parliament!

Now here's the problem. I've been watching all this nonsense today about more devolved powers to all and sundry and I'm thinking "Where's the money coming from for all this?"

Because the deficit is getting worse.

There is no money.

Edited by MJP

I hope forever.

Now here's the problem. I've been watching all this nonsense today about more devolved powers to all and sundry and I'm thinking "Where's the money coming from for all this?"

Because the deficit is getting worse.

There is no money.

Well MJP! Pandoras box is about to be opened,money or not it's not going to stop the four countries from fighting for their perceived rights,what's good for the Goose is good for the Gander!

Wales was discussing in their Parliament yesterday their alleged £300 million owed to them, before the Scottish Referendem had even been voted on! I wouldn't be surprised to see a free for all of demands from all sides!

I hope forever.

Amen to that.

"Ms Sturgeon said she would work with "anyone in any way" to secure more powers for Scotland."

Ms Sturgeon and Alex Salmond should resign and hang their heads in shame with the divisions they have created between the Scottish people themselves and with the rest of the UK, this is going to take a long time to heal rifts in families, streets, towns, cities and the workplace...

What a silly, petulant, little man.

Strangely, as the polls narrowed, the cracks began to show and he changed from being a man with a mission to becoming a paranoid who thought he was the only one who was right and that anyone who disagree with him “was ganging on him” or “bullying him”.

Now he has thrown his toys out of the pram.

I can’t say that I will miss him.

All we need now is for Nicola Sturgeon to fall on her Braveheart sword as well.

clap2.gif cheesy.gif violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gifintheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

• Like 2

Pandora's box doesn't have any money in it. Hopefully all this utopia euphoria will pass.

It's got all the evils of the world though!

All I can see is one hell of a lot of vote buying going into the general election.

• Like 2

Talk to any cab driver in Sri Lanka and they wish the British had stayed.

One of the shipping agents we used to deal with in Colombo used to tell us regularly and vigorously how happy he was that we'd been slung out. I never asked any taxi drivers although they were always happy to take us to the beach at Mount Lavinia.

Watching William Haigh, and I think the Barnet Formula could be a problem unless some concrete agreements are made. Labour had a lot to lose in the referendum, and no way will they be pleased about an English Parliament. I don't trust them.

Labour also are the ones who are reluctant to give full taxation powers to Scotland -Tories are prepared to give full control of Income Tax and possibly VAT.

Labour need their Scottish MPs to pass unpopular English legislation - we would not have had tuition fees in English universities but for Scottish Labour MPs - and of course they do not have fees in their unis except for English students. If the situation had been reversed just think of the vitirol that would have been poured on English Tory toffs

Indeed.

For 300 years Scottish MPs at Westminster have been able to vote on purely English matters; but English MPs have not been able to vote on purely Scottish matters.

Hopefully that will now change.

But I don't want to see regional assemblies or similar in England or an English parliament. There are already too many troughs in the UK for politicians to dip their snouts into.

We need less government, not more!

Just had that argument with a retired county treasurer. He reckons local authorities will be abolished and multiple counties joined together under single mega councils.

Like you say, we can't afford yet more government.

Edited by MJP