true landing page

rodknock

help; how do i disable a true landing page on a zyxel P660-T1A router. i have been using the router 3years, it came with the condo. if there is a suggestion for purchasing another router i would appreciate it. i only use the ADSL line and never wi/fi. only one line.

please keep it simple and exact as i am not that computer litterette.

thanks

i did not think it was related to the other topic. the directions given in the other topic were no help to me as i am unable to access my router. i also need simple directions as i am not computer literate. if it makes you feel better you can fault me for being computer illterate.

in this topic, i also asked if any one could suggest a new router that would work.

i am sorry if i should have continued on the other topic.

A consumer-grade router is not normally responsible for determining the 'Landing Page', unless the firmware (Router OS) has been replaced.

In the numerous links provides it seems TRUE has custom firmware and can redirect to a Landing Page.

According to TrueSupport documentation (page 1, 2 ) for the Zyxel 4 port P660 HN T1A, 192.168.1.1 the Password is password or admin

+Advanced

Landing Page mark DISABLE

APPLY

Otherwise, find someone who understands ADSL modems and have them adjust it.

i did not think it was related to the other topic. the directions given in the other topic were no help to me as i am unable to access my router. i also need simple directions as i am not computer literate. if it makes you feel better you can fault me for being computer illterate.

in this topic, i also asked if any one could suggest a new router that would work.

i am sorry if i should have continued on the other topic.

Nothing makes me feel bad or good, but you didn't reply in that thread so I was surprised that you opened this thread.

Ps: Try to use a program called DNSJumper (easily found on google) to set your PC (as said) to Google DNS Server, if it still goes to the True Landing Page, it could be set in the Firmware of the Router, you have then 4 options.

a- Look through all the settings in the router to turn it off (if possible) (Follow the directions of RicCor in Post #4)

b- Call True

c- Buy a New Router or

d- find a new firmware to flash your router.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1