Help ID this car?

mike324

Can anyone help ID the the white car in the middle? It looks a lot like a lancia stratos but its not, perhaps its a kit car?

Took this pic while exploring places to fish, passed by the Jetsada Technik Museum. Museum itself has a couple of interesting old cars. There are probably hundreds of old cars parked outside and in warehouses beside the museum. They are not for sale, its this guys own private collection. I heard he only sells direct to the government, vehicles like hummers or only to friends he knows.

On the opposite side, he has started an aviation museum as well, but its not open to the public yet. Museum entrance is free.

The pic is from the warehouse side, no entrance allowed.

post-216120-0-15701300-1411122914_thumb.

Edited by mike324

That's a Sterling or perhaps a Cimbria kit car, manufactured and sold in the US back in the 80's... The body mounts on a shortened VW Bug chassis... They were not engineered or manufactured well and the fit & finish was poor without doing lots on work on them... Getting the gull-wing doors to work properly was a real pain...

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 2

That's a Sterling or perhaps a Cimbria kit car, manufactured and sold in the US back in the 80's... The body mounts on a shortened VW Bug chassis... They were not engineered or manufactured well and the fit & finish was poor without doing lots on work on them... Getting the gull-wing doors to work properly was a real pain...

The only thing about that is the louvred rear and the round tail lights.............?

That green car with the rusty roof to the left looks like a Mazda (???) like one of the first model they sold in Oz....except the louvers in the back could suggest rear engine. Anyone?

Ps: just checked, not Mazda

Edited by BSJ

That green car with the rusty roof to the left looks like a Mazda (???) like one of the first model they sold in Oz....except the louvers in the back could suggest rear engine. Anyone?

Think it is a NSU Prinz

Anyone?

looks like a Mayflower in the background....and a FIAT multiples beside it. He's got my old Dinky collection, but REAL! (including Routemasters, BMW Isettas...the lot!

Triumph Mayflower w00t.gif

So long ago I'd forgotten they existed biggrin.png

So did anyone that owned one.

Think it is a NSU Prinz

Anyone?

100% correct

• Like 1

what ever it is, it is in good company with a stack of BMWs:

post-205215-0-38198500-1411135240_thumb.

Cannot quite make out the bonnet emblem?

I think it needs the badge, so you know which way is Front - apart from that the front wheel arch is larger w00t.gif

Edited by tifino

Yeah, pretty nice, cool link too, well done, should be closed in and climate controlled to preserve the cars better but, he has quite a collection of BMW's, Mercs, I even see a later model Lincoln limo in the back there.

As to the OP I think either Wilco or Woodsie is correct though it's not an Avante, it may be a Sebring though or the Eureka as Woodsie notes but it is definitely on a VW chassis and rear engined and does not have an engine in it now as the suspension is unloaded.

Reconsidering I think it's a Fiberfab FT Bonito kit car with a few changes to it's shape, you could put pretty much whatever tail lights you wanted on it but here's one with nearly identical lights and profile but the rear spoiler may have been added like so many others have on other kits. These are built on VW chassis..

fiberfab-bonito-serie-1-356er-coup-titel

fiberfab-bonito-ft-04.jpg?i

http://gomotors.net/Fiberfab/Fiberfab-Bonito-FT/photos.html?pic=3

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

Think it is a NSU Prinz

Anyone?

I had a friend who had an NSU Prinz TTS. Went like stink biggrin.png

At a guess i think it could be a Boswell kit car from Oz in the sixties. Everyone looks slightly different/individual/customised with tail lights etc being chosen by the owner/ builder. If i remember rightly they were usually fitted with a red Holden 186 motor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolwell

Bolwell_mk_7.jpg

Edited by xen