Help ID this car?

mike324

The Purvis Eureka . Looks like a similar rear - only the doors in both the Serbring or the Eureka are not convential doors like the OP's white car.

1912d1312471433-street-endurance-racing-

I think I'll stick with my original choice. Eureka it is. We had a neighbour with one once. All the kids in the street laughed at the guy as he drove past. He thought we loved his car...............silly man.

• Like 1

what ever it is, it is in good company with a stack of BMWs:

attachicon.gifstrange car and BMWs.jpg

Cannot quite make out the bonnet emblem?

I think it needs the badge, so you know which way is Front - apart from that the front wheel arch is larger w00t.gif

The symmetrical one is a Zündapp Janus. 250 cc, Two-Stroke engine. The BMWs are Isettas, either 250 cc one cyl, or 400 cc two cyl.

• Like 1

@Mike: I can help with the green one with reddish roof. It is a NSU Prinz 4, two cylinders, 4 stroke twin engine, 600 cc, 30 H.P., build in Neckarsulm, Germany. The last great car they produced was the Ro 80, with the 2 disk Wankel engine. Great car, but gulping gasoline down like a camel after 4 weeks in the desert.

I think it needs the badge, so you know which way is Front - apart from that the front wheel arch is larger w00t.gif

The symmetrical one is a Zündapp Janus. 250 cc, Two-Stroke engine. The BMWs are Isettas, either 250 cc one cyl, or 400 cc two cyl.

yep you're correct on that:post-205215-0-65909900-1411218040_thumb.

• Like 1

looks like a Mayflower in the background....and a FIAT multiples beside it. He's got my old Dinky collection, but REAL! (including Routemasters, BMW Isettas...the lot!

Triumph Mayflower w00t.gif

So long ago I'd forgotten they existed biggrin.png

So did anyone that owned one.

Hmm, in it's day it was a lovely car. My uncle had one, as a kid I just loved it. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Well done!

I didn't remember Zundapp, although my brother bought a Zundapp 70cc from my uncle and it was a great little bike in the day.

@Mike: I can help with the green one with reddish roof. It is a NSU Prinz 4, two cylinders, 4 stroke twin engine, 600 cc, 30 H.P., build in Neckarsulm, Germany. The last great car they produced was the Ro 80, with the 2 disk Wankel engine. Great car, but gulping gasoline down like a camel after 4 weeks in the desert.

Ro 80, was a tremendous car, with 115 bhp, the best handling car of it's era and the most aerodynamic for many years. I used to work on them as a young chap. The rotor seals were a very hard chrome metal, compared with Mazda using Carbon material and they did huge damage internally. I loved those cars.

Ro 80, was a tremendous car, with 115 bhp, the best handling car of it's era and the most aerodynamic for many years. I used to work on them as a young chap. The rotor seals were a very hard chrome metal, compared with Mazda using Carbon material and they did huge damage internally. I loved those cars.

There was a brief 'industry' in the UK replacing the high-maintenance Wankel in the Ro80 with a Ford V4 mill.

That was also a dog of an engine... my dad's Zephyr 4 caught fire more than once and the last time, he just let the bugger burn.

Trying to ID the helicopter. Not bad for a 5 seater

Think it is an Alouette 2

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alouette_II.jpg

Yup, we had 3 of these in China in the early 80's for heli-portable seismic work. The problem was we were using them at around 10,000 foot altitude in the mountains already so they could barely lift anything. That and the arcane rules of CAAC that there was always a pilot AND co-pilot onboard so usually only enough power to pick up 1 passenger (or 2 skinny Chinese)..

• Like 1

There was a brief 'industry' in the UK replacing the high-maintenance Wankel in the Ro80 with a Ford V4 mill.

That was also a dog of an engine... my dad's Zephyr 4 caught fire more than once and the last time, he just let the bugger burn.

My brother used to convert them to Mazda 12B rotary's and they worked very well. This was circa 1974.

The Purvis Eureka . Looks like a similar rear - only the doors in both the Serbring or the Eureka are not convential doors like the OP's white car.

I think I'll stick with my original choice. Eureka it is. We had a neighbour with one once. All the kids in the street laughed at the guy as he drove past. He thought we loved his car...............silly man.

Nope, the rear is completely different there is no cut out with an insert like that on the car in the OP and the sides is different also..It starts out wider in the rear and tapers towards the front and I don't see how the OP car can have a lift off roof like that there is no separation around the opening like that.

Nope, the rear is completely different there is no cut out with an insert like that on the car in the OP and the sides is different also..It starts out wider in the rear and tapers towards the front and I don't see how the OP car can have a lift off roof like that there is no separation around the opening like that.

I sorta noticed that Warpy! That rear valance is the easiest part on the car to remove and modify. As for the roof, the OP photo doesn't make it very clear to me the way it is to you. Never mind, all a bit of a laugh.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty nice, cool link too, well done, should be closed in and climate controlled to preserve the cars better but, he has quite a collection of BMW's, Mercs, I even see a later model Lincoln limo in the back there.

As to the OP I think either Wilco or Woodsie is correct though it's not an Avante, it may be a Sebring though or the Eureka as Woodsie notes but it is definitely on a VW chassis and rear engined and does not have an engine in it now as the suspension is unloaded.

Reconsidering I think it's a Fiberfab FT Bonito kit car with a few changes to it's shape, you could put pretty much whatever tail lights you wanted on it but here's one with nearly identical lights and profile but the rear spoiler may have been added like so many others have on other kits. These are built on VW chassis..

fiberfab-bonito-serie-1-356er-coup-titel

The resemblance of the car in the OP to the black one above is astonishing. Paint the one in the OP black and the 2 cars would be indistinguishable from one another. The B pillars are particularly similar.

Nice one for sale on OLX at the moment 150,000 baht don't know what engine.

That green car with the rusty roof to the left looks like a Mazda (???) like one of the first model they sold in Oz....except the louvers in the back could suggest rear engine. Anyone?

Ps: just checked, not Mazda

Think it is a NSU Prinz

Anyone?

Thanks for letting us know. The one in your pix is quite good looking.