Anyone with recent experience of getting a Tourist Visa from London

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has recent experience of obtaining a Triple Entry Tourist Visa from London? Specifically looking from a turnaround time perspective.

Previously i have used Hull and they used to be really quick, within 5 days. but i believe applications now should go to London.

My flight is booked for 14th October so i'm wanting to get the visa as late as possible to maximize the number of days in Thailand.

I did email the Thai Embassy but no reply received as yet, which is making me slightly nervous. rolleyes.gif

Thanks

Hull were excellent for 6 years for us - 2/3 days. London turnaround last 2 years was ok - 3/4 days. They are selective in responding to email help requests for reasons known only to themselves. I suspect its lack of accountability and business process management. But maybe they've just got too much to do at the coal face while the powers-that-be pontificate and swan around. We'll never know. Good luck.

Liverpool same day actualy 10 minutes. Turn up in person. All but tourist visas are done through London

If i could i would but i'm working 6 nights a week at the moment, with my only day (night) off being Sundays right up until i fly out. I don't live anywhere near the Embassy or Consulates.

So can you confirm that i could still go through Hull? Sure i read that Hull were only sending them on to London thereby increasing the turnaround time?

Liverpool same day actualy 10 minutes. Turn up in person. All but tourist visas are done through London

If i could i would but i'm working 6 nights a week at the moment, with my only day (night) off being Sundays right up until i fly out. I don't live anywhere near the Embassy or Consulates.

So can you confirm that i could still go through Hull? Sure i read that Hull were only sending them on to London thereby increasing the turnaround time?

I got my last 3 entry tourist visa in Feb this year from Liverpool. All tourist visas are done at the consulates. All other visas except Elite visa is sent to London. They send ur passport back to you via special next day delivery so should be OK to apply in Hull. Give them a call and ask. There OK to deal with.

I got my last 3 entry tourist visa in Feb this year from Liverpool. All tourist visas are done at the consulates. All other visas except Elite visa is sent to London. They send ur passport back to you via special next day delivery so should be OK to apply in Hull. Give them a call and ask. There OK to deal with.

The consulates are no longer allowed to issue visas by post. All postal visas are issued by the Embassy in London. From Liverpool consulate's own website:

With effect from 15 January 2014, all postal applications for visas to enter Thailand will be processed only at the Royal Thai Embassy, London.

All visa applications submitted by post must be sent to:

Consulate Section (Visa by Post),

Royal Thai Embassy,

PO Box 55552,

London SW7 9DB

• Like 1

The consulates are no longer allowed to issue visas by post. All postal visas are issued by the Embassy in London. From Liverpool consulate's own website:

With effect from 15 January 2014, all postal applications for visas to enter Thailand will be processed only at the Royal Thai Embassy, London.

All visa applications submitted by post must be sent to:

Consulate Section (Visa by Post),

Royal Thai Embassy,

PO Box 55552,

London SW7 9DB

Well I didnt know that. I did mine in person so maybe why.
  • Like 1

Just got my multi entry o visa from London last week took about 10 days and would not accept my Hull application form that I downloaded printed and sent first time shame about Hull they used to be very quick passport normally back the same week as posted to them

• The visa has to be used within 6 months of issue so no need to panic when you get it. e.g. if you get it next week it will be valid until march to use so you won't be using " time" on the visa. It is activated when you enter Thailand.

The visa validity starts from the date of issue. You must do all the entries allowed before the visa expires.

If you get the visa 30 days early that is 30 days less of total stay you can get from the visa.

I do wish they would let us use an SAE instead of paying 40% over the odds for postage.

They allow but do not publicize that.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/756656-self-addressed-envelope-with-visa-application-to-embassy-in-london/?p=8337866

Darn, Paz, I missed that topic.

Thanks for the input. I'll remember next time :)

Hi reply to Ubonjoe,I think you are wrong with respect,a visa is valid for time stated for stay in country(6 months)and activated on entry.

A visas validly is from the date of issue.

When you enter the country the first entry is used and it gives you a 60 day entry that can be extended for 30 days, After that you have to go out and re-enter use the 2nd entry getting another 60 day entry.

If it is 3 entry visa you must use that entry prior to the date the visa expires.

I posted off for my visa on Monday and received it this morning (Saturday). No problems.

I do wish they would let us use an SAE instead of paying 40% over the odds for postage.

I'd much rather pay the extra to know that my passport is being handled separately from the standard post.

If you send the Royal Thai Embassy £35 they will return your passport by Special Delivery without you needing to send any envelopes at all. When they first took over from the consulates they expected you to send them an SAE but they've now switched over to the system used by Hull and others where they charge you an extra tenner and return it Special Delivery by default. The only downside is that they require you to send the fee by postal order which costs an extra 12.5% commission to buy from the Post Office. Hull used to let you pay by credit/debit card which cost nothing.

It's a bit more expensive but less costly than your passport disappearing into the great void that is ordinary post if it gets lost.

Visa applications via Thai Embassy in London only take 24 hours - you drop it off day 1 (mornings) and collect day 2 between (Collections between 11-12 am only). Make sure you download the new Visa application form from www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk. They take cash or Postal Orders only, same if you post application to them, turn around just a bit longer No Cheques or Card payments allowed. Hope this helps.

I posted off for my visa on Monday and received it this morning (Saturday). No problems.

I'd much rather pay the extra to know that my passport is being handled separately from the standard post.

The SAE is Special Delivery, the same as it is sent to the Embassy. Next day delivery. Track and trace with insurance protection in one of the Post Offices grey envelopes. But 40% less than the embassy charge for the same service.

You can still get a visa by going to any of the consulates in person. At least that's what I was told by the Glasgow consulate just last week. They sent me a form and told me I can come through and apply no problem.

Only postal visas need to go to London.

That is great if you live relatively near a consulate. Many of us do not so need to post our applications off. And if posted in good time there is rarely a problem.

The SAE is Special Delivery, the same as it is sent to the Embassy. Next day delivery. Track and trace with insurance protection in one of the Post Offices grey envelopes. But 40% less than the embassy charge for the same service.

Sorry - I misunderstood.

Sorry - I misunderstood.

No problem, as I did not make it clear in the first place that it was special delivery.

At least it highlights the topic for other people to be aware of as Paz pointed out to me.

After all it seems a waste of money to let them do the posting and none of us like to give our hard earned cash to others for no real reason :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...