Diploma In Tefl

How well recognised in the Diploma in TEFL in Thailand? Will it allow me to teach at at University level with a higher salary than those with just a degree and 4 week TEFL certificate?

Where can I do a diploma in TEFL in Thailand? How long are the courses?

I'm not sure what you mean by "diploma." In different native speaking English countries, they're not identical definitions. The certificate at the end of 4 weeks is sometimes referred to as a diploma.

If you mean a bachelor's degree that requires 3 to 4 years of tertiary attendance, of course that's better. So is a master's in TEFL. Payap University in Chiang Mai has a two year MA-TEFL or MA-TESOL course.

Do you mean the CELTA Dip.?

I knew a guy at the British Council who did one in Thailand. He had to fly to Hong Kong for certain parts of the course though.

My observation of the MA TEFL at Payap is that it's mainly taken by non-native-speakers (Turks, Pakistanis, mainland Euros and the Welsh) to help compensate for the fact that they aren't native-speakers. This observation is contentious so I'll put my flaming jacket on now.

If you have the experience and qualifications necessary to be accepted on to a CELTA Dip, you'll probably leapfrog the bog standard TEFLers to the well-paid jobs anyway. Save your money.

I personally didn't think the DELTA was offered here (rather Malaysia or Singapore) but maybe it is albeit infrequently.

Also to do the DELTA I think you have to have done the CELTA.

IMO though it's pretty much worthless to a degree in Thailand (other than ability) and will not generally translate to a better job or higher earnings as it's not a degree and that's often all the Thais know.

Also bear in mind people often sell certs as diplomas....when they are in fact just certs.

I'm not sure what you mean by "diploma." In different native speaking English countries, they're not identical definitions. The certificate at the end of 4 weeks is sometimes referred to as a diploma.

If you mean a bachelor's degree that requires 3 to 4 years of tertiary attendance, of course that's better. So is a master's in TEFL. Payap University in Chiang Mai has a two year MA-TEFL or MA-TESOL course.

Sorry I was referring to the DELTA.

I don't think the DELTA will get any more recognition here than a CELTA or any other lower TEFL qualification, except at the British Council. For teaching at universities here, you'll find that a master's may get a higher salary but I don't think that's the case everywhere.