PRECISE INFO ON O A VISA

Just my two cents - hopefully it will be helpful... (This is all IMO).

It takes quite a while to even begin to understand all the nuances of Visas and Extensions of Stay, Permission to Stay, etc. I've been at it for two years and still make embarrassing mistakes.

After a while one begins to see how a Non Imm. Multi Entry 'O' Visa differs from an Non Imm. 'O-A' Retirement Visa and it is almost is a subject all unto itself. Not to mention the separate entity of an Extension of Stay based on Retirement. They are all three different 'animals'

Also the wording and how the information is presented on a Thai Embassy may not be in some cases exactly how Thai Immigration defines it ... Bottom line Thai Immigration rules, policies and regulations trumps what a Thai Embassy or Consulate may publish when it comes to actually entering and staying in Thailand. The two entities are not in full synchronization to say the least.

When dealing with Thai Embassies and Consulates in other countries of course they issue Visas based on their interpretation of policies and procedures - which may in some way be different that what Thai immigration does when one is 'in country'. This could be an insignificant or significant difference.

The best thing anyone can do when asking for help on the Immigration Forums is to be as exact and succinct as possible... using the best - most accurate terminology one can muster from the published information or by going over many posts on the Immigration forum ... Dates, times, places, conditions, visa category, length of planned stay, planned date of arrival, planned date of obtaining the visa, etc... It could be best perhaps if presented in bullet fashion rather than long narratives. I have noticed IMO that people get better results with the least amount of confusion when the narrative story telling is minimized and the facts of the matter are just listed as best one can do this.

Back in my Army days we called it the Basic Interrogatives.. Who, What, When, Where, Why, How and How Much. Answer or Ask these questions when inquiring about Visas and Extensions - it may help get the answer one wants.

• Like 2

OP -- some TVF members are way over the top - super critical and out of control ... And it is too bad that your questions were not answered in a civil tone due to your newness on Thaivisa.com ... But unfortunately that is the way things go around here - far too often... If you have further questions I will be glad to find answers - I know a fair bit -- but will need to call on assistance -- just send me a Private Message - PM and I will find you some helpful answers...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Could anyone confirm in case of a married couple if both have to meet the income requirement i.e. both must have 65.000 bahts income or have 800.000 bahts on an account, of a mix of that, or is 65 K considered as enough for both..

My info is that this amount is asked for each partner.. i.e. in case of a couple 130.000 income per month needed..

Thanks

Have a nice day

Hi

Could anyone confirm in case of a married couple if both have to meet the income requirement i.e. both must have 65.000 bahts income or have 800.000 bahts on an account, of a mix of that, or is 65 K considered as enough for both..

My info is that this amount is asked for each partner.. i.e. in case of a couple 130.000 income per month needed..

Thanks

Have a nice day

Only the one getting the extension has to show the 65k baht. The other will be getting a dependent extension and no financial proof is needed.

There has been confusion about it because some couples using the 800k baht option had a joint bank account and were told they needed 1.6 million for the one to to get the extension. Getting a separate account solved that problem.

You should wait util at least January to apply for your visa. The visa validity starts from the date of issue not entry.

When you enter the country in February you will get a one year permitted to stay date. You will get a new permit to stay of one year from the date you enter up to the date your visa expires.

After your visa expires you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep your permit to stay valid if you leave the country. When that permit to stay ends you will either need to get a new OA visa or apply for an extension of stay immigration. To get the extension you will need show the 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 to reach a total of 800k baht,

Assuming one applies for and secures a one-year extension of stay, would I also be right in assuming that one also needs re-entry permits for that one year extension period?

You should wait util at least January to apply for your visa. The visa validity starts from the date of issue not entry.

When you enter the country in February you will get a one year permitted to stay date. You will get a new permit to stay of one year from the date you enter up to the date your visa expires.

After your visa expires you will need to get a re-entry permit to keep your permit to stay valid if you leave the country. When that permit to stay ends you will either need to get a new OA visa or apply for an extension of stay immigration. To get the extension you will need show the 800k baht in the bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 to reach a total of 800k baht,

Assuming one applies for and secures a one-year extension of stay, would I also be right in assuming that one also needs re-entry permits for that one year extension period?

Yes a re-entry permit would be need if trips out are made.

Assistance please. I am planning to secure a N I "OA" visa via US consulate early 2015. After entry and still under the same visa, I assume I need an exit permit to return to US and then I expect to re-enter about 4 months later. My questions: 1) Are the 90 day reports required during absence, especially since in excess of 90 days?

2) How do the absence periods effect the visa? i.e. after re-entry when would extension be needed?

Any add on tips are welcome. Thanks

Assistance please. I am planning to secure a N I "OA" visa via US consulate early 2015. After entry and still under the same visa, I assume I need an exit permit to return to US and then I expect to re-enter about 4 months later. My questions: 1) Are the 90 day reports required during absence, especially since in excess of 90 days?

2) How do the absence periods effect the visa? i.e. after re-entry when would extension be needed?

Any add on tips are welcome. Thanks

As answered many times.

During the first year after activation you don't need any re-entry permit with a non-imm O/A visa.

90 days report are done only when in country and at re-entry you are allowed for one year just as the first time.

Hi

I come to know now Hua Hin wants 800.000 bahts on account even if you have more than 65.000 bahts income per month, to grant you the OA extension

Anybody knows if it is the new rule or is it like this only in Hua Hin ??

Thanks

Have a nice week

Hi

I come to know now Hua Hin wants 800.000 bahts on account even if you have more than 65.000 bahts income per month, to grant you the OA extension

Thanks

Have a nice week

thats the problem every immigration office seems to have different rules made up as they go. I doubt this is a new rule everywhere

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

There is no rule like that and you should go in person and challenge to apply regulations as they are written. You can bring a copy in Thai of the regulations and be accompanied by an educated Thai person.

Note that is called extension of stay "in case of retirement per clause 2.22", not "OA extension".

Hi

Thanks

Have a nice week

Is that what somebody has told you because of possible confusion abut the rules or what immigration has told you?

There is no rule that says you need both.

This is what Hua Hin immigration recently asked to a french couple.. They have more than the 65.000 bahts per month each but they asked for an account with 800.000 bahts..

In these cases one should ask to talk to the most senior officer and if they still do not obey written regulations one can apply anyway to receive a 7-days extension as an official denial. With that you can then complain to the division or Bangkok HQ's.

Hi

Last question but one post seems to say it is the case.. the one year visa you get by getting out of the country before your first visa expiry date is given wether you go out per road or per plane or does it have to be by plane ??

Thanks a lot again to everybody.. Cristal clear for me now

Best regards