wedding anniversary gift

Crazy chef 1

next week my wife and me will celebrate our wedding anniversary.actually we agreed that we don't buy something for our anniversary and birthday's because we bought this year already some major stuff. but i still would like to give her a small present (about 1000THB) but as usual i haven't a clue what it could be and flowers are boring.

though fellows your help is needed may you have some good advises for me.

THX in advance

Depends how many years you have been married OP.

But that's a guide for your problem.

Year Traditional (U.S.) Traditional (UK)[14] Suggested modern gift list created by

librarians at Chicago Public Library

1st Paper Paper Clock 2nd Cotton Cotton China 3rd Leather Crystal, glass 4th Linen, silk Fruit and flowers Appliances (electrical) 5th Wood Silverware 6th Iron Sugar Wood objects 7th Wool, copper Woollen Desk sets/pen and pencil sets 8th Bronze Salt Linens, lace 9th Pottery Copper Leather goods 10th Tin, Aluminum Tin Diamond jewelry 11th Steel Fashion jewelry, accessories 12th Silk Silk and fine linen Pearls, colored gems 13th Lace Textiles, furs 14th Ivory Gold jewelry 15th Crystal Watches 16th Silver holloware 17th Furniture 18th Porcelain 19th Bronze 20th China Platinum 21st Brass, Nickel 22nd Copper 23rd Silver plate 24th Opal Musical instruments 25th Silver 30th Pearl Diamond 35th Coral, jade Coral Jade 40th Ruby 45th Sapphire 50th Gold 55th Emerald 60th Diamond (yellow) Diamond 65th Blue sapphire 70th Platinum 75th Diamond, gold 80th Oak Diamond, pearl 85th Moonstone Wine Wife's birthstone 90th Stone Engraved marble, Granite

Depends how many years you have been married OP.

But that's a guide for your problem.

Year Traditional (U.S.) Traditional (UK)[14] Suggested modern gift list created by

librarians at Chicago Public Library

1st Paper Paper Clock 2nd Cotton Cotton China 3rd Leather Crystal, glass 4th Linen, silk Fruit and flowers Appliances (electrical) 5th Wood Silverware 6th Iron Sugar Wood objects 7th Wool, copper Woollen Desk sets/pen and pencil sets 8th Bronze Salt Linens, lace 9th Pottery Copper Leather goods 10th Tin, Aluminum Tin Diamond jewelry 11th Steel Fashion jewelry, accessories 12th Silk Silk and fine linen Pearls, colored gems 13th Lace Textiles, furs 14th Ivory Gold jewelry 15th Crystal Watches 16th Silver holloware 17th Furniture 18th Porcelain 19th Bronze 20th China Platinum 21st Brass, Nickel 22nd Copper 23rd Silver plate 24th Opal Musical instruments 25th Silver 30th Pearl Diamond 35th Coral, jade Coral Jade 40th Ruby 45th Sapphire 50th Gold 55th Emerald 60th Diamond (yellow) Diamond 65th Blue sapphire 70th Platinum 75th Diamond, gold 80th Oak Diamond, pearl 85th Moonstone Wine Wife's birthstone 90th Stone Engraved marble, Granite

due that's our third one may i ask Miss SBK if she can sell me one of her leather lashes. or a crystal ball to see our future...

anyway thanks for the guide.

Congratulations!

Gift-giving is an art. More important than the cost of the gift, is the thoughtfulness put into it. Pay attention, or if you don't have time, think back on all the little things that cause her frustrations and get a gift that relieves some of that. Think about the kinds of things that bring a smile to her face and plan along those lines. More than anything else, she wants to know that you are paying attention to her. The gift should demonstrate that you have been paying attention.

Only you can know the right gift.

Good luck, and don't believe her when she says "no gift necessary"

T

• Like 2

Congratulations!

Gift-giving is an art. More important than the cost of the gift, is the thoughtfulness put into it. Pay attention, or if you don't have time, think back on all the little things that cause her frustrations and get a gift that relieves some of that. Think about the kinds of things that bring a smile to her face and plan along those lines. More than anything else, she wants to know that you are paying attention to her. The gift should demonstrate that you have been paying attention.

T

You're essentially correct except for "don't believe no gift necessary". In a good relationship, a gift may very well be unnecessary.

A lot depends of the receiver, too. Some women would melt if you took them breakfast in bed with a short poem you've written, other women wouldn't get that but may appreciate a more practical gesture.

Seastallion, on 21 Sept 2014 - 13:20, said:
Thakkar, on 21 Sept 2014 - 12:47, said:

Congratulations!

T

You're essentially correct except for "don't believe no gift necessary". In a good relationship, a gift may very well be unnecessary.

A lot depends of the receiver, too. Some women would melt if you took them breakfast in bed with a short poem you've written, other women wouldn't get that but may appreciate a more practical gesture.

Thais don't celebrate wedding anniversaries, we should not encourage it.

• Like 1

A CD mix of all the songs that mean something to the both of you and which were important to you during your marriage... Create a nice cover for it with a photo of the two of you and a song list and in brackets behind each song of what he reminds you of. Costs you pennies and time and is fun to do as you relive your partnership while browsing for songs.

With music, I can do a virtual time travel into the past with the most recent to start and then further and further back into the past. Done it twice and it always was an awesome experience.

Hope this helps - have a great anniversary night!

Cheers,

Catweazle

A CD mix of all the songs that mean something to the both of you and which were important to you during your marriage... Create a nice cover for it with a photo of the two of you and a song list and in brackets behind each song of what he reminds you of. Costs you pennies and time and is fun to do as you relive your partnership while browsing for songs.

With music, I can do a virtual time travel into the past with the most recent to start and then further and further back into the past. Done it twice and it always was an awesome experience.

Hope this helps - have a great anniversary night!

Cheers,

Catweazle

thanks buddy. but i am afraid the anniversary night will be not so great-mama is in the 6th month pregnant...sad.png

Just had my first and flew the wife , and myself, to Songkhla to where she was born and raised. She hadn't been there for 12 years, and I never. Looked at her old schools and where she used to live and play. She loved that I was interested in her earlier life. Had the best room in best hotel on the beach and hired a new BMW so she could see I went the extra yards for her. Caught up with many of her school friends she hadn't seen for years and partied. She loved it. Most of all she loved that I took time to show the interest. So hope this gives you some help for ideas. Go and look where her childhood was.

Edited by callaway

In my experience, buying her the thing she says she absolutely does not want or need works like a charm wink.png

Actually, with my lady, anything that grows (fruit and flowers are a bonus) does the biz smile.png Of course gold is ok too sad.png

Congratulations!

T

I have been married for three years as well and all she wants is money, money and more money

Congratulations!

T

I have been married for three years as well and all she wants is money, money and more money

Looks like you shoulda paid attention *before* you got married!

T

Congratulations!

T

Edited by Gerard052

Congratulations!

T

Looks like you shoulda paid attention *before* you got married!

T

I did, oh well, such is life in the slow lane. I knew how she was before I got married, no change, I've got nobody to blame but myself, nobody is twisting my arm or put a gun to my head. We got to keep those chicks happy.

Get her a new cover for the ironing board; should be able to get a very good one with your budget. It will get plenty of use when baby comes. Flowers, jewels and chocolates are so unoriginal.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

Thais don't celebrate wedding anniversaries, we should not encourage it.

Well, I had three friends who had their wedding anniversaries at the weekend, and they all celebrated, I don't think their wives would have been too happy if they forgot