Status of the internet connection in Phuket

GmB

We are with TRUE DOCSIS and our connection to international servers has been down from almost a week now. Lot of lost packets and the browser is showing "Connection resetted"

The TRUE customer service told us that the problem is a CAT's undersea cable which was damaged by a thypoon and that is expected to be repaired on 6th oct. They say that this problem is affecting all of the Thai ISP and that there is nothing they can do about it.

Are you guys with 3BB or TOT experiencing the same problem?

3BB DSL fine for me though it does have slight packetloss issues from time to time but nothing catstrophic.

There is more than one undersea cable and I don't think the cables themselves are maxed out. Maybe True doesn't have enough capacity on the routes that it now has to use.

A friend of mine with True DOCSIS has also heavy packetloss issues.

one option is Fibre-Optic cable form TOT. some areas have some don't... i live at Surin Beach but had to get them to pull the cable from the main road

going past police station to my villa about 1 klms. cost about thb10,000 but never an issue works fast and reliable irrespective if power goes down around

he area as it does regularly in Surin..

friend of mine lives on the main road out to Ao Por sorry can't remember the road number and they are lucky they have the cable running straight past

their villa compound and they just paid TOT to pull it into their development..

the fibre optic is that quick when watching a movie and streaming you can watch immediately and not need to download or wait for buffering..

highly recommended though costs a little more per month..

if you are in a development like us 8 villas you ask everyone to share the cost... ?

good luck