Pro-gay mosque opens in Cape Town

isanbirder

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29279879

Not only pro-gay, but admitting women as equals.

The imam.....When asked about his qualifications as a religious leader he said: "I have a PhD in Islamic studies from Oxford University, unlike my opponents who went to some donkey college in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia."

(This must be an Islamic version of how to make friends and influence people)

• Like 2

From the BBC article:

He told the BBC that he wanted to revive "the original mosque of the Prophet Muhammad, where there were no barriers".

That's particularly telling. In Mohammed's early life, whilst living in Mecca, he preached a religion of peace and tolerance. He attracted only a handful of followers. I guess this is what the speaker means by "original mosque".

He subsequently fled to Medina where he became a bloody warlord. It's only then that the number of followers picked up, presumably attracted by the thought of booty from battle and raping captured women with impunity.

Most Moslem scholars believe that his later teachings, of violence and intolerance, supersede the earlier ones.

I didn't read the whole article, but I get the point.

The guys I met in Morrocco and Syria explained to me that they couldn't touch women before they were married to them, so a little play among guys was ok, and even encouraged by their parents.

I guess we're not supposed to mention that he married a very young girl ... coffee1.gif

Who? Dr. Taj Hargey?

Or are you talking about the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH)? If so, shame on you for mentioning that. He may have married Aisha when she was six, but he showed admirable restraint in waiting until she was nine before penetrating her. For the first three years he'd just lie on top of her, putting his erect penis between her legs and thrust away. Nothing remotely wrong or creepy about that.

And if you mean Dr. Hargey, that's fine because he was just copying his Prophet, the perfect man and role model for all Moslem.

Edited by AyG

• 2 weeks later...