As the world watches, PM Prayuth goes abroad

webfact

Aside from even being pro data ( you might not know) is enough to get yourself traced and placed on several intelligence agencies lists and monitored .eg all your Internet tracked.

You seem obligated to wheel out non - sense.

If countries love your Thai take off so much why are they banned from entering Australia?

Why has European and America repeatedly expressed their wish for democracy?

You say the old propaganda lines Luke "" no one has insisted the old Government is put back.

Anyone with diplomatic knowledge knows the judicial coup prior to the military dismissing the Prime minister was enough to keep other countries at bay, simply because they don't like interfering in politics.

No matter how disgusted they felt.

So you have bans in place and no real recognition .

However commence is different.

Your snub is mainly political with no one acknowledging his legitimate right to rule. Other than a few groupies claiming to see the greatness of the man.

And fearful Thais answering the dear leaders survey polls.

Freedoms need to be returned to the Thai people

Yes the commercial and political are different (see China)….

By the way Australian federal police have a data base of people who have said things about extremist organisations.

Your right about them classifying Pro junta comments as Non -Grata persona .

Thats why they are banned here.

Supporting them is enough to be refused entry into OZ!

But its the CIA who will track you .

They get your information *(they have millions) they monitor future communications.

Your basically a suspect .

Deemed radicalised and a potential threat.

You might get entry there , but be watched electronically.

Sound bizarre ?

No its not.

A friend of mine (who works in the AFP ) assures me these days saying boo is enough.

Edited by Fred Flinstone

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... , as for Australia not welcoming P.M. Prayuth, as has been said , show me that memo from the Australian Governments media unit or any interview from Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, as I haven't seen any that says that , Thailand has close ties with Australia and the heads of departments or business are in Australia or vise versa on a weekly basis.

I've been testing this brand new thing... Gruel or Groggle... something like that. Seems to work.

(Reuters) - Australia downgraded ties with Thailand on Saturday in the wake of this month's military coup, imposing a travel ban on the junta leaders and cutting defence cooperation in some of the toughest punitive measures taken by a foreign government.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/05/31/uk-thailand-politics-australia-idUKKBN0EB06O20140531

First we have Mark that speak perfect English... [snip] [snip]

I'm pretty sure there were a couple before him. They didn't wait for you to start appointing prime ministers. Most spoke no English but it never seemed to matter and I'm sure it doesn't matter today, either. I'm unaware of a single achievement or a single disappointment to Thailand or a political leader (or a jackbooted military thug, lord knows there were too many of them) that resulted from language ability.

Frankly, "Oh he speaks English so well" is about as patronising as you can get without the adjective "Oriental" thrown in.

Ah but on TV it does matter. It matters hugely. At least it does when the PM is Yingluk. I guess it no longer matters. So those bikini comments will need a translator.
  • Like 1

Do you think his predecessors have all been more warmly welcomed?

Let's wait and see as none of the leading countries' governments appear to be too critical at the moment. I'm sure some will be interested in the timetable for elections, freedom of speech etc. So I hope he's prepared for that.

I think you do other countries foreign services a disservice. They are all well aware of the issues connected with the previous administration which might explain why not one supported it.

Your question is relevant but the rest of the post is quite naive. The answer to the question is "yes, on occasion". It all depended if Thailand was involved in the issues of the day. When it was, then the answer to your question is "very much so". In the past couple of years, Thailand has withdrawn from virtually everything except the Free Trade Agreement talks, which it has essentially torpedoed. So this assures that Prayut will not be invited to discuss anything beyond the weather.

But your question misses the point, which is why you segue into strange territory. His predecessors, to a man and woman jack, have all been hugely welcome (no "d" on the end) in Europe. And Prayut will only be tolerated. This whole Asean-Europe thing is fairly new, maybe a decade. But through it all until now, every Thai leader was warmly welcomed because Thailand was on a Europe-approved road of democracy, development and much, much more. Prayut won't be cold-shouldered because he has nothing to offer. He'll be shunned because in Europe and elsewhere he is seen as the jack-booted thug that Burma and Indonesia used to be. (Doesn't matter if he is or isn't; that's Europe's opinion and they're sticking to it for now.)

Your last para is really out of touch. Leading European countries do NOT support the coup or the coup-makers, and will not support them. Not for years at least. Probably never, especially if Prayut continues to silence the opposition with 3am raids and prison, not to mention a verbal stupidity up there with Mister Biden.

Europe will support Thailand for many reasons, but without a kind word or a single pat on the shoulder for any of its ministers. They do business with regimes a lot more rotten than the Thai military, that's for sure, and they will do business with the Thai military. But not with a warm smile and personal regard.

Europe most certainly "supported" the previous government in every possible way you could name - from inviting Herself to the World Economic Forum to very, very warm greetings at the Asean-Europe shindig to many, many courtings over the FTA. It is arrant nonsense to claim Europe did not support the previous government, or the one before it, or the ones before it back to 2008 - when Europe, again, did not support the military regime. Europe is and was perfectly warm and welcoming and happy with previous governments including Democrats, Pheu Thai and PPP. Europe was and isn't warm OR welcoming to military coup regimes.

{snip}{snip} No, it is my belief that he will be treated politely and courteously as this is above all politics.

I was nodding along and then....

I disagree entirely. He will be treated politely and courteously BECAUSE of politics. They can't actually backhand him or shove him aside, BECAUSE of politics. They will have to put on their baby-kissing, flesh-pressing smiles and pretend "it's a pleasure to meet you" when they think exactly the opposite. And they will.

With utmost sincerity, they will fake it, because politics says they have to.

He isn't liked by the Americans or Aussies ...usually they get these kind of people out of the way.

Always good to put a little fantasy in these threads so we don't get bogged down with facts and opinion. Thanks.

wel·come

ˈwelkəm/

verb

past tense: welcomed; past participle: welcomed

Your prose reads like the nonsense that Thaksin's lobbyists come out with. Can you give us an example of where one government supported PTP during the protests against first their government and secondly against their caretaker administration?

I thought PTP were tying to get Thailand onto the UN Permanent Security Council? The former PM/DM did put herself about a bit, doing all those trade deals then. Great to here about the results some time. Did all the countries she visited invite her to banquets in her honor. I remember her saying how she always took some instant noodles as she couldn't stand the food. Her speeches were marvelous, thank you three times. Did she get nominated for a Nobel peace prize in the end?

Anyone who believes that the major countries' governments did not know exactly what the PTP administration was up to is naive. Just as the UN, World Bank and IMF knew. Many countries don't like the military throwing out an elected government and said so at the time, and have urged, and keep urging a return to democracy. I haven't read of one demanding the return of government to PTP have you? Why do you think that is? I know for a fact that the UN were concerned about PTP thieving the county dry from day 1. You won't believe me, and I won't be telling you my source, but I know that for sure.

Without a source this is merely your opinion amongst hundreds of competing opinions.

I hope ""dear leader"" returns from his overseas trip and impresses his fans here with the good news he is worlds most popular leader.

Let the history books show he dazzled all with his 12 fluent languages and intellectual prowess.

Dear leader is most certainly someone all world leaders will rush to have their photo taken with

Lets be serious. The reality is Thailand isn't very important on the world stage. The other leaders will be pleasant and smile, shake hands and have conversation but they will be beating their own drums when it comes down to it.

Thailand in Asia is a bit like the odd man out. If American and Japanese companies hadn't set-up shop here it would still be old Siam.

And that is a great shame imo, old Siam sounds like it would have been heaps better, but also a few cons like medical care etc

Aside from even being pro data ( you might not know) is enough to get yourself traced and placed on several intelligence agencies lists and monitored .eg all your Internet tracked.

If countries love your Thai take off so much why are they banned from entering Australia?

You say the old propaganda lines Luke "" no one has insisted the old Government is put back.

Anyone with diplomatic knowledge knows the judicial coup prior to the military dismissing the Prime minister was enough to keep other countries at bay, simply because they don't like interfering in politics.

Your snub is mainly political with no one acknowledging his legitimate right to rule. Other than a few groupies claiming to see the greatness of the man.

By the way Australian federal police have a data base of people who have said things about extremist organisations.

They get your information *(they have millions) they monitor future communications.

Sound bizarre ?

No its not.

A friend of mine (who works in the AFP ) assures me these days saying boo is enough.

What a load of dribble; and I'm pretty sure against forum rules of not making patently false claims as "Supporting them is enough to be refused entry into OZ!"

• Like 2

He is banned from Australia from travel here-

He is also never going to be addressed or given any ear by "'any "" Australian Parliament representative.

The other Government members are also banned. *(From Australian soil)

Interesting. Why?

Maybe because PM Prayuths ideas on bikinies and women reminds Australians too much of their attitude to Sheilas

What a childish post, which shows that you don't know anything about Australia, other than what you may have seen in Crocodile Dundee. If you visit Australia, you'll find that the people there value equality just as much as you Dutch do.

@falangjim - he was banned after the coup, because Australia is a democracy and does not welcome leaders who seize power by force.

Totally agree, what a childish post.

You, being Thai, knows a lot about Australia of course, and the world as we should see it.

He is banned from Australia from travel here-

He is also never going to be addressed or given any ear by "'any "" Australian Parliament representative.

The other Government members are also banned. *(From Australian soil)

Interesting. Why?

Because Australians don't take lightly to dictators that's why.

They haven't done much about Fiji it seems.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29306220

Sound bizarre ?

No its not.

What a load of dribble; and I'm pretty sure against forum rules of not making patently false claims as "Supporting them is enough to be refused entry into OZ!"

His bizarre claim is un-substantiated, un-sourced, un-verified balderdash.

Unfortunately, as the post further devolves amongst reports of "CIA tracking" and being "electronically watched", they are psychopathology symptoms.

Fred, ease up.

2456000-fred_flintstone_the_flintstones_

I still reckon they will whack this "dear leader"" Pin up boy if he wanders into the real world.

It will be a "'who done it"?

So many players want his arse .

Yanks

Brits

Aussies

Germans

French

Russians

I think you need to wander into the real world, and not the stone age existence you seem to lumber in. Why do they all want to 'whack' him, the French, the Russians and so on, i am sure you cant give a sensible answer to that question, just another ramble.....

Adding convoluted assassination conspiracies, Fred is struggling to overcome more psychopathology symptoms

• Like 1

Why should he speak English ? He is just a soldier...

Exactly, besides which the evil regime family whose corrupt and criminal ways forced him to take over the running of the country were lucky to be able to speak three words of English between them. Thank you three times comes to mind. whistling.gif

Why should he speak English ? He is just a soldier...

Exactly, besides which the evil regime family whose corrupt and criminal ways forced him to take over the running of the country were lucky to be able to speak three words of English between them. Thank you three times comes to mind. whistling.gif

What makes you think he does not speak English, maybe not fluent, but remember Thai is his mother tongue.

What makes you think he does not speak English, maybe not fluent, but remember Thai is his mother tongue.

Well, we know he is fluent in sexist, xenophobic remarks. Also at harassing and abusing those who want to express anything he remotely disagrees with.

Good bloke!

He is bound to be popular overseas

Did you red fans ever consider, just for one minute, that there are actually people outside of Thailand who know the facts regarding why the Military had to step in when it did ?

Do you think everyone outside of Thailand is working for the Shin propaganda machine ? The Shinawatra family criminal history is common knowledge all over the world, and the fact that Thaksin himself is a wanted criminal. People only have to put two and two together to workout what is going on here.

It will probably hurt you to know this, but the world is not made up entirely of brainwashed twits who would lose a general knowledge quiz to the village idiot.

You guys can ridicule the General all you like but he has done more for this country in the short time he has been in power than all you clowns put together could do in a hundred lifetimes.

• Like 1

Thailand in Asia is a bit like the odd man out. If American and Japanese companies hadn't set-up shop here it would still be old Siam.

The regime seems to be on a mission to evert to the "good old days" of Old Siam.

So, only a matter of the American and Japanese companies deciding to uproot to Myanmar, and we're back in the time warp.

The regime seems to be on a mission to evert to the "good old days" of Old Siam.

So, only a matter of the American and Japanese companies deciding to uproot to Myanmar, and we're back in the time warp.

Fantastic, always wanted to see the old Siam, I knew they were doing a good job and this just ratifies it.

You have every right to support the general, the junta and the coup.

But the reality outside of Thailand is that other governments know it was just a coup. How they choose to react to that is up to them, but - take the USA for example - you can bet that they have more information and a better understanding of the situation in Thailand than a whole lot of the Thai people.

I suspect that other governments understand that the the junta did not need to step in when it did but rather that it planned to step in when it did.

I suspect that those governments couldn't care less whether or not, but than maybe I'm even more cynical than you.

Lets be serious. The reality is Thailand isn't very important on the world stage. The other leaders will be pleasant and smile, shake hands and have conversation but they will be beating their own drums when it comes down to it.

Probably you are right...but the world is changing, and South Asian countries are more interested in have new friends now.....I will be not surprised by those new friends showing support to the new Thai PM in future world leader meetings...specially the Asean 9 countries, also China, and India.

Talking about the past....America is not the first World economy anymore, Japan and Australia are getting isolated, Europe is in crisis....

Siam is a thing of the past too...

The most important fact is that P.M. Prayuth is in Milan, center of the fashion world and when he has a few spare moments away from the intenational spotlight, he will probably be sending text messages to Yingluck on how things are at Versace, Armani and Prada and maybe if he gets a few spare hours can drop down to Florence and have a coffee at Gucci. I hope he has his fashionable wife with him to assist.

He may even return with some swimwear designs more suited to Thailand's conservative beaches.

I wish him generally good luck on his first major trip as P.M.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

The most important fact is that P.M. Prayuth is in Milan, center of the fashion world and when he has a few spare moments away from the intenational spotlight, he will probably be sending text messages to Yingluck on how things are at Versace, Armani and Prada and maybe if he gets a few spare hours can drop down to Florence and have a coffee at Gucci. I hope he has his fashionable wife with him to assist.

He may even return with some swimwear designs more suited to Thailand's conservative beaches.

I wish him generally good luck on his first major trip as P.M.thumbsup.gif

General-ly good luck on his first trip as PM

you're funny

Well, we know he is fluent in sexist, xenophobic remarks. Also at harassing and abusing those who want to express anything he remotely disagrees with.

Good bloke!

He is bound to be popular overseas

Did you red fans ever consider, just for one minute, that there are actually people outside of Thailand who know the facts regarding why the Military had to step in when it did ?

Do you think everyone outside of Thailand is working for the Shin propaganda machine ? The Shinawatra family criminal history is common knowledge all over the world, and the fact that Thaksin himself is a wanted criminal. People only have to put two and two together to workout what is going on here.

It will probably hurt you to know this, but the world is not made up entirely of brainwashed twits who would lose a general knowledge quiz to the village idiot.

You guys can ridicule the General all you like but he has done more for this country in the short time he has been in power than all you clowns put together could do in a hundred lifetimes.

Silly old Mike. Embassies in Thailand employ people specifically to keep in touch with what's happening on the ground in Thailand. It's Ambassador's role to report back to base on what's happening and how it may affect the country's interests.

Check out the wikileaks cables for a flavour of what goes on. Embassies talk to all the major players and know far more about Thailand than you or I.

And they don't like what they know which is why the PM gets the shoulder while Yingluck got visits from all the major westerner leaders.

Suck it up as bitter tasting as it may be to you

Edited by NCFC
  • Like 1

The economy owes most to the Plaza accord devaluing the dollar in 1985 which in turn devalued the Baht and massively boosted exports. But I would really prefer to think of old Siam having gone much earlier with the abolition of slavery, the switch to democracy, the acceptance of Western science and the introduction of universal schooling.