High-interest savings advertisers on the internet

I tried opening a discussion about this topic but it seems my post isn't showing up. I made references to certain companies and that may not be allowed, so I try it again as a general discussion with no companies mentioned.

I have notice adverts on the internet that seem to offer deposit savings at high interest of 6% or better, but when you read through the site's information, you either find no direct information about the advertised rate or that there are no guarantees from any government bodies, and it's only their own guarantee, which would obviously be useless if the company suddenly shut their doors or was a "Madoff" type of company.

Has anybody put money into these 6% + investment firms? I can't trust them and feel they're just praying people's greed, but maybe some of you have been doing well with them.

Edited by waynethor

It seems to me one of the acute dangers of the internet is the capability of various unregulated persons and companies to get way with making outrageous claims regarding high returns. Such claims are in many instances totally fake and false, resulting in many cases with total loss to those who "invested" their hard earned cash. Aiding and abetting the fraud there will sometimes be called "financial advisers" etc., who are also often unregulated and whose sole agenda is receiving fat commissions at the expense of their clients who are beng duped.

So it is very important that on forums such as this we do everything we can to help each other bring to the attention of fellow posters examples of the various scams, lies and deception being advertised on the net and elsewhere.

Edited by R123
  • Like 1

Yes it is but it doesn't seem to be available for comments. When I look at it, there is a text box that says "You cannot reply to this topic" so I assume it's not functioning properly. As I said in the OP here, that's probably because I mentioned a specific company, sort of.

I didn't actually lose it. I can always look at the list of my own content and see it there. I just think it's been rendered useless.

Edited by waynethor

There's also basically the same thing being discussed here and started by someone posting again in this thread:

Is this yet another deception?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761888-is-this-yet-another-deception/#entry8414077

How many threads on the same subject are really needed?

Edited by Suradit69

There's also basically the same thing being discussed here and started by someone posting again in this thread:

Is this yet another deception?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/761888-is-this-yet-another-deception/#entry8414077

How many threads on the same subject are really needed?

Sorry! I guess I'm not as good as you to search the forum first and make sure there are no similar threads running before starting one. Unlike you, I'm just a mere human.

Edited by waynethor

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I have this second hand bridge in London I don't need and trying to sell... small deposit no hassle.....

if interested let me know,

Any rooms available please?

If you email them the local representative will send you the bonds brochure and you make your own decision.

The company is legitimate but to get the advertised returns requires a minimum USD75,000 investment for at least 5 years and there is no return at all until the end of the investment term, so if you're looking for an annual income from this forget it. The capital and interest is returned together at the end of the term, that's 9 years if you want the equivalent of 10% pa.

Finally if you're happy with the bond's conditions you need to qualify as being a "professional investor" under Hong Kong's SFC regulations or they will not accept your investment.

If you email them the local representative will send you the bond brochure and you make your own decision.

The company is legitimate but to get the advertised returns requires a minimum USD75,000 investment tied up for at least 5 years and there is no return at all until the end of the investment term, so if you're looking for an annual income from this forget it. The capital and interest is returned, together, at the end of the term, that's 9 years if you want the equivalent of 10% pa.

Finally, just to spoil it for you, if you're happy with the bond's conditions you need to qualify as being a "professional investor" under Hong Kong's SFC regulations or your investment will not be accepted.