legs problems for walking

victor70

After a small stroke I have problems walking every 100 meters I have to stop walking for a minute, my doctor precripete me PRASUGREL 5mg for a better blood circulation an it helps me good but the problems for the muscles of my legs stay the same stij the doctor told me it will take time that the legs will come better

my question is is there a medecin that can hel that I can walk normal??

Plasugrel is an anti-clotting medication, though as FBN mentioned not considered advisable for use in stroke patients, so indeed you should consult your doctor again or even consider changing doctors.

In any event it has nothing at all to do with your trouble walking. Can you please describe more what the difficulty is exactly? Is it just that your legs are weak? Or do you get pain? Is it both legs or just one? Is there also weakness in your arm/hand on the same side?

Trouble walking due to the neurological effects of a stroke, or to loss of muscle tone as a result of prolonged illness of any type, both respond best to physical therapy, there is no medication that will help.

However if your problem is due to arterial insufficiency that is a different matter. Hence the need to describe better what is going on.

Plasugrel is an anti-clotting medication, though as FBN mentioned not considered advisable for use in stroke patients, so indeed you should consult your doctor again or even consider changing doctors.

In any event it has nothing at all to do with your trouble walking. Can you please describe more what the difficulty is exactly? Is it just that your legs are weak? Or do you get pain? Is it both legs or just one? Is there also weakness in your arm/hand on the same side?

Trouble walking due to the neurological effects of a stroke, or to loss of muscle tone as a result of prolonged illness of any type, both respond best to physical therapy, there is no medication that will help.

However if your problem is due to arterial insufficiency that is a different matter. Hence the need to describe better what is going on.

thank you, after the mild stroke I received from the neurologist NOOTROPIL 1200 mg for 2 months with no improvement, I vol-owed for 2 months physical therapy a small improvement now I doe those exercise daily at home

The blood circulation with Plasugrel improves walking a lot my legs start to hurt I stop for a minute or two then i walk agane its the calves of the legs hurt, my right harm is not strong as before but oke

thank you, after the mild stroke I received from the neurologist NOOTROPIL 1200 mg for 2 months with no improvement, I vol-owed for 2 months physical therapy a small improvement now I doe those exercise daily at home

The blood circulation with Plasugrel improves walking a lot my legs start to hurt I stop for a minute or two then i walk agane its the calves of the legs hurt, my right harm is not strong as before but oke

Google :"intermittent claudication" I have it and it maybe your problem.

Lefty