New building Codes.

Rooo

New building codes on the island. Just trying to determine what they are

0-80 metres above sea level 12 metres or if condo whatever is approved.

80 -140 metres above sea level 6 metres in height. Percentage of land? Footprint per Rai?

140 metres up from sea leve 50sqm footprint per Rai no height restriction?

Thanks.

Edited by Rooo
more details.

Can't work out what it means do you mean from the beach or the size of land compared to height ristrictions

I mean the height of the land, on the mountain.I will edit my original post.

There is a page on this in the Samui Phangan magazine if you have access to that. It details the new rules & regulations.

Thanks will try & get a copy.

Looked it up online, it's only building code near the beach which has been in force for a long time. Looking for code for height above sea level.

I believe over 80 Metres

Can build 6 Metres in height and 50% vacant

over 140 metres same but cannot exceed 90 sq metres in area

plus there are also additional restrictions on slope , I think over 50 degrees cannot build ...

Edited by churchill

• 8 months later...

I'm not sure where I should post this question, but hopefully this topic is relevant as it concerns building codes and height regulations. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and am hoping for a bit of advice. I live in Koh Samui very near the ocean. The people who are buidling behind me (still within 200 meters of the sea) have a structure going up that is way over the 12 meter height limitation. I've heard from others in this development that wheels have been greased and that there is nothing to be done about this breech of Land Office regulations. To make matters worse, tons (literally) of dirt have been trucked in to make the height closer to the 12 meters (but even that won't do it as I'm pretty sure the building is about 18 meters high). If the Land Office has been paid off and it is to the Land Office that I would lodge a complaint, then is there any other recourse? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I'm not sure where I should post this question, but hopefully this topic is relevant as it concerns building codes and height regulations. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and am hoping for a bit of advice. I live in Koh Samui very near the ocean. The people who are buidling behind me (still within 200 meters of the sea) have a structure going up that is way over the 12 meter height limitation. I've heard from others in this development that wheels have been greased and that there is nothing to be done about this breech of Land Office regulations. To make matters worse, tons (literally) of dirt have been trucked in to make the height closer to the 12 meters (but even that won't do it as I'm pretty sure the building is about 18 meters high). If the Land Office has been paid off and it is to the Land Office that I would lodge a complaint, then is there any other recourse? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Building permissions are granted by “tesa ban” – not the Land Office. To my knowledge the height of construction is calculated from the land’s zero-level – so it was when I was building – so more dirt may raise “zero”...
Depending on zone, you can build 12 meter high within 200 meters from beach/sea; if so-called city-zone, its only 3 meters from water and 2 meter inside own land.
A Samui lawyer told me, that it’s better a Thai complains, than a foreigner...