Multi_entries Non-Imm O Visa

Hope you do not mind this query as I thought best to doublecheck my understanding regarding Multi-Entries Non-Imm O visa.

My visa will be expired as "Enter before 16 Dec 2014".

My next permission to stay will be expired on 7 Nov 2014 and I will get another 90 days from 7 Nov 2014 to 4 Feb 2015

My plan will be to leave on 15 Dec and to return on that same day to get the final permission to stay for 90 days (15 Dec 2014 to 14 March 2015). I want my extension to start in the middle of March 2015 for seasoning reason.

The question: Is the Re-Entry permission required for 15 Dec 2014?

If the border immigration (Satun may be my choice) will refuse to grant my 90 days permission to stay whatever the reason will be, can I get the single Non-Imm O visa at Penang as standby?

Thanks for your patience & this could be useful for other users too.

Edited by nabbie

OP Nabbie... I am in Ao Nang, Krabi and fairly recently performed a border run to the Malaysia Border... to get another 90 permission to stay on my Non Imm. Multi 'O' . A few months ago I rented a car and traveled with friends from Krabi to the Thale Ban National Park border checkpoints to get the out and in stamp... This location is very near Satun (Satoon)... The crossing and coming back at Thale Ban was totally uneventful.

My 'Enter Before' date is 15 Dec 2014 and I will be making another border run on or a day or so before that date for my last 90 day permission to stay on this visa... giving me a total of almost 15 months in Thailand. (in and out actually).

My most recent 'border run' was not of the usual type... I am not going to deal with Kamakazi Van drivers in Thailand ever again if I can help it... so on 18 September I booked a flight to Kuala Lumpur and did a turn around return flight to Krabi. It worked great - totally uneventful at Krabi Airport Immigration. The IO seemed a bit puzzled at first as to what I was doing - but ask no questions. She did seem a bit irritated though - slamming the stamp - missed the Departure Card entirely but got the passport page with the stamp.

While the flight to KL was expensive compared to jumping on a van I trust pilots of Air Asia a lot more than insane van drivers.. It cost me about 3 times as much but the whole day was about 6 hours - not a 12 to 14 hour day on a long 600 kilometer round trip van or bus. Most people wouldn't do this - but it was worth it to me... I could have flown from Krabi to Penang for about the same money or less using Firefly Airlines... but I just didn't like the schedules - they would have worked I think but I chose Air Asia to KL.

I am not sure what I will do on 14/15 December for my next border run but flying again is not out of the question - maybe this time to Penang. I am also considering buying a large MaxSym Scooter capable of a long trip - done with long rest periods. If I do this I will go back to Thale Ban to those border checkpoints.. I have a friend who might go along on his bike and we would make two days of it ... staying overnight in one of the larger towns... But - I may be daydreaming too. 555.

I will be glad to share details of the road trip I took to Thale Ban National Park is you wish ...

I will be glad to share details of the road trip I took to Thale Ban National Park is you wish ...

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am always content with ordinary aircon 36-seat bus from Phuket because I did not mind many stopovers, haha. It gives the driver some nice breaths far better than insane van drivers. I also like to stay one overnight at Satun if there is a guest house there.

Satun & Thale Ban border is completely new to me. I google that map so it looks like 406 & 4184 are the only route between these. Is the immigration checkout there safe & reliable? Do they provide the departure/arrival card? I might consider that option for 6/7 Nov. If all will go smoothly, then I shall repeat that in Dec.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am always content with ordinary aircon 36-seat bus from Phuket because I did not mind many stopovers, haha. It gives the driver some nice breaths far better than insane van drivers. I also like to stay one overnight at Satun if there is a guest house there.

Satun & Thale Ban border is completely new to me. I google that map so it looks like 406 & 4184 are the only route between these. Is the immigration checkout there safe & reliable? Do they provide the departure/arrival card? I might consider that option for 6/7 Nov. If all will go smoothly, then I shall repeat that in Dec.

Nabbie ... The two border checkpoints in Thale Ban National Park are full fledged border checkpoints, The Departure / Arrival cards are on a bench type table near the Thai check in window.

When you first approach the Thai Building to checkout - the checkout - check in windows are on the back side of the building not the front... This way the checkout - check in on the Thai side faces the same check in - checkout on the Malaysian side.

The National Park is quite scenic and makes for a please drive up 4184 to get there. Near the intersection of 4184 with 406 is a fairly large town. It has a Big C with a typical mini mall (may have been a Tesco Lotus). The town is big enough to support a guest house or two and 'resorts' (although I didn't look for any). The processing at the border checkpoints was very nonchalant. Nothing to it. I wish they were all this laid back. Google Earth is very revealing of the details and I have used it and Google Maps extensively...

One thing I have found out about using Google maps.. is that I go to the location first... such as Thale Ban National Park... then insert ... Guest House near Thale Ban National Park... The word 'near' seems to be an operative word in Google Maps and when used places an orange icon at every hit of your search ... and when you put your mouse pointer on that orange icon - over in the upper left appears details including the name of the guest house or resort / hotel ... and often even gives a photo and directions along with the quoted daily price for the room... This varies a little depending on what information has been submitted to Google Maps.

I have heard good things about Satun - so I don't think you would make a mistake either way. I have also studied taking a big bus to Hat Yai and a van to Sadao / Dannok.

Vans from Ao Nang / Krabi go to the Thale Ban crossings... I even noticed Song Thaews with loads of Malaysian workers going back to Malaysia unloading there .. one was labeled Ao Nang... that is a long ride in a Song Thaew...

On December 14, Another option that I may do is take a big bus run from Krabi Town to Hat Yai and then rent a motorcycle ( I have found a place to rent one) and ride to either Sadao / Dannok or even to the Thale Ban crossings. I am a bit adventurous and don't mind the thought of it... Of course I will do everything with plenty of rest stops and in total daylight -- securing a place for the night - a long time before dark.. Being retired ... I have lots of time ... and use these border runs for sight seeing.

But -- Depending what else is going on, I may well do the Firefly flight from Krabi Airport to Penang - with a turn around as I did with KL last time... I believe this would be in the $135.00 range ... making the total trip about 7 hours or so.. I don't like spending $135.00 but the trade offs makes it worth it ...

Have a great trip ... If you are ever in Ao Nang ... 'ring me up' here on Thaivisal.com... Joe

Joe, I find your details very encouraging with thanks. Now I feel more confident about the option for Thale Ban border (alias Wang Prajan border?). Yes, I can see a couple of the orange icons for guest houses and Big C is also useful. It makes my decision more easier.

For Sadao/Dannock, I have been doing the border runs twice this year. I did take the 36-seat bus to Hat Yai via Trang. In that same bus station, there is some aircon “public van”. A couple of signs can be seen; “Dannock”/”Padang Besar” should be among those. In the half way between Hat Yai and Dannock, the driver told the passengers to move to the songtaew. This always happened to me both ways. I can’t be bothered about that because it is only 60Baht one way – about 45mins to 1 hour trip. Other private vans may have charged around 300B (it should be faster, I do not really know). No question, hiring the bike will be perfect for you as it is only one straight & nice road. The immigration checkouts are somewhat totally uneventful. (I was there in the early mornings). Be aware a media rumour is increased about reducing its reliability lately; in this case Satun will probably be my safe choice.

Just out of curiosity, are the loads of Malaysian workers in the songtaew wearing the blue tee shirts? I cannot imagine why they should work in Thailand except I suspect they could originally be from Burma.

Surely I might like to take my daughters to visit Krabi for one weekend. Will send you PM whenever possible.

Joe, I find your details very encouraging with thanks. Now I feel more confident about the option for Thale Ban border (alias Wang Prajan border?). Yes, I can see a couple of the orange icons for guest houses and Big C is also useful. It makes my decision more easier.

For Sadao/Dannock, I have been doing the border runs twice this year. I did take the 36-seat bus to Hat Yai via Trang. In that same bus station, there is some aircon “public van”. A couple of signs can be seen; “Dannock”/”Padang Besar” should be among those. In the half way between Hat Yai and Dannock, the driver told the passengers to move to the songtaew. This always happened to me both ways. I can’t be bothered about that because it is only 60Baht one way – about 45mins to 1 hour trip. Other private vans may have charged around 300B (it should be faster, I do not really know). No question, hiring the bike will be perfect for you as it is only one straight & nice road. The immigration checkouts are somewhat totally uneventful. (I was there in the early mornings). Be aware a media rumour is increased about reducing its reliability lately; in this case Satun will probably be my safe choice.

Just out of curiosity, are the loads of Malaysian workers in the songtaew wearing the blue tee shirts? I cannot imagine why they should work in Thailand except I suspect they could originally be from Burma.

Surely I might like to take my daughters to visit Krabi for one weekend. Will send you PM whenever possible.

Nabbie - I am happy that my information is helpful ... I have more at this link below - a report here on TVF of my first trip back in June of this year.

Renting the car made it easy to get to Thale Ban Park... Going by van or big bus - I simply do not know from Phuket if there is border run service that goes directly there or if there is van service from Hat Yai.

Thale Ban National Park (checkpoints) is about 100 Kilometers from Hat Yai... If renting a car in Hat Yai were possible (probably is - but I have not researched it)... then getting to Thale Ban from there after a fairly easy big bus ride to Hat Yai would be a snap... I just do not know what the van options are to this location from Hat Yai or from any other nearby destination.

At Thale Ban National Park ... The Thai Border Checkpoint is (Wang Prachan) and the Malaysia Border Checkpoint is (Wang Kelian) - they are only a couple hundred meters apart - an easy walk.

I am not sure about who (workers) were on the Song Thaews - there were many just milling around and shirt color - I do not recall. There are many market stalls at the Thai side ... restroom facilities were rather primitive - which surprised me a little due to the fact that on the roads restrooms (hong naams ) are most often in good shape.

Check out my post link ...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/737673-malaysian-border-run-successful-big-yawn/?p=8021664

• Like 1