have you had money stolen from atm

I usually agree with you David, but IMHO insulting someone's wife who isn't part of the topic is over the top. How would you feel if you posted about ATM theft and some wisecracker pointed at MissFarmGirl???

Peace.

wasnt intended as an insult at all, but sound advice, although I dont profess to be a member of TV's elite CSI brigadebut when a "crime" is committed and real policemen get involved investigating something, who do they typically eliminate first from the "crime" before moving further a field ?.....immediate family members ?..

so it would dictate, if the OP's wife had access to his ATM card and pin number, wouldnt the first logical step be to ask "darling you havent been dipping into my account have you without me knowing ?

I know it would be the first question I would ask Mrs Soutpeel, if she had access to the card and pin, which she doesnt anyway and the pin is changed monthly and is not a birthday or something similarly stupid...wink.png

If The OP feels offended by my remark, I will apologise to him on this thread not problem

but aint apologising to posters who are playing an agenda with their mock outrage as couple on here are doing who I have had run in with before on other threads

namely

a poster who kept PMing me US factoids and covers of American English dictionaries for some bizzare reason unknown

and another poster who has been banned on multiple occassions for being a troll but keeps reappearing under various re-incarnations

Who dares wins ....thumbsup.gif

To all the guys here who know me well and to whom I have, in return, have much personal respect... this post goes to you.

The OP has an interesting posting history and is quite willing to use colorful language in his posts. So, we assume he is quite robust.

When a crime has been committed, an impartial person, a good investigator, a policeman (in the West) does look to everyone. Obviously this also includes close parties, relatives, wifes etc. So, to exclude asking the OP's wife is not logical.

It's not romantic, but it's logical.

So, from personal experience, we've had two recent crimes at the Farm ... and the Farm is quite remote.

Someone stole Bt 7,000 from the Farm Father ... the first person he had words with ... was his wife ... w00t.gif

Why, because she had done it before ... a long, long time ago (and, to be honest, I understand why). We never have discovered who took that.

The other was a gold chain belonging to MissFarmGirl, my Partner.

The chain was in a locked box in the mother's bedroom. Who could have taken that?

The mother? Actually, it wasn't. We were given the tip ... it was MFG's niece. She confessed (without the use of thumbscrews).

So, the take-out is, do verify all the potential people.

This can be done with respect.

I'm a hopeless romantic, love my girl to bits.

BUT

But I'm mindful of the men who have traveled this road before me.

I'm still in love with my Partner.

Still like, so much, Thailand, for all it's faults.

I keep this positive attitude by exercising the maxim ... Trust, but Verify.

Trust, but Verify ... has keep my glass half full, regularly topped up ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

the problem is the atm was inside makro no cameras ? now when found out it was blocked i rang number of bank that handle atm problems and spoke to girl after awhile she said had to go and check something i waited and waited and phone went dead my daughter went to bank and asked why was blocked the girl she said couldnnt answer that or about missing money and said was unblocked now as for silly people talk about wife take she has access to all my cards any time she wants or needs

not as bad as someone i knew had company in malaysia that made health pills and started to do business in china she couldnnt workout where her money went on credit card when came back someone had brought a tractor on her card in china

To all the guys here who know me well and to whom I have, in return, have much personal respect... this post goes to you.

The OP has an interesting posting history and is quite willing to use colorful language in his posts. So, we assume he is quite robust.

When a crime has been committed, an impartial person, a good investigator, a policeman (in the West) does look to everyone. Obviously this also includes close parties, relatives, wifes etc. So, to exclude asking the OP's wife is not logical.

It's not romantic, but it's logical.

So, from personal experience, we've had two recent crimes at the Farm ... and the Farm is quite remote.

Someone stole Bt 7,000 from the Farm Father ... the first person he had words with ... was his wife ... w00t.gif

Why, because she had done it before ... a long, long time ago (and, to be honest, I understand why). We never have discovered who took that.

The other was a gold chain belonging to MissFarmGirl, my Partner.

The chain was in a locked box in the mother's bedroom. Who could have taken that?

The mother? Actually, it wasn't. We were given the tip ... it was MFG's niece. She confessed (without the use of thumbscrews).

So, the take-out is, do verify all the potential people.

This can be done with respect.

I'm a hopeless romantic, love my girl to bits.

BUT

But I'm mindful of the men who have traveled this road before me.

I'm still in love with my Partner.

Still like, so much, Thailand, for all it's faults.

I keep this positive attitude by exercising the maxim ... Trust, but Verify.

Trust, but Verify ... has keep my glass half full, regularly topped up ... thumbsup.gif

You just never know who can steal from you. Around a decade ago when my wife's daughter got married, the daughter's best girlfriend (had been friends for a decade) stole some of bride's diary on the day of the marriage....you know, the sack of money and gold the bride's mother carries into the bedroom during the ceremony. Within days it's recovered...and of course the girl had a sad story as to why she stole the money/gold. And yes, the daughter and that girl are no longer best friends.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1

david she was a friend and owned a very large company producing products and pills for health around world so let you guess? one thing i would never have these days is credit card years ago all scams came out of nigiera

now so many getting educated in malaysia and the scams come from there now i have advetised a very expensive

camera

on cra... lt the people replying are all trying to get into paypal account even one offered me more then

advertised price and pay shipping to scam me most try to build up trust in emails they are nice people and have some story before trying to steal from you

Lived here for 9 years and have three Thai bank savings accounts with ATM cards linked.

Never a problem, even using the same cards pulling ATM cash while in US.

I always use bank ATMs that are inside the bank and never use them with merchants.

I also utilize Internet Banking with all three and never a problem even transferring money between them.

Probably your card got skimmed by the russian mafia lol

And how exactly would that be a 'lol' moment ? People are 'skimmed by the Russian mafia' all over the world - whether that happened in this case is irrelevant, but I'm confident that those of us who live in Thailand dont find this topic particularly amusing.

• Like 1

I personally know 4 different people to whom this has happened. One lost a million Baht or so. It only seems to happen with Thai cards, presumably because cards from farangland come with fraudulent use guarantees which Thai cards don't have.

I never use ATM machines here except for the ones inside my own bank.

Perhaps you should get to know OP - He is apparently from Oz = Australia, with an Australian Bank, which is also why he called his daughter. Then you'd know 5 people this has happened to and one of them would have a card from farangland. The downside of course is it blows a hole in your theories laugh.png Sensible policy on using ATMs in lower risk places though.

To OP

As PIB says, this happens the world over. Best to deal direct with your bank in Oz, as he says, where your account is. You've no real claim against the ATM provider.

It may not be easy getting your money back either, but you should stick at it. My brother had a similar issue in the UK. It took him months to sort it out. In the end he actually wrote to one of the national newspapers which seemed to speed things along.

Unfortunately as you can imagine there are people that make false claims, make mistakes etc, and very often the card user or someone they know may be connected in some way and may have even fraudulently submitted a claim. i.e empty the account yourself or someone you know and then claim. Hence you will need to prove how it couldn't have been you. So as alluded to earlier though, you may need to end up proving to your Oz bank that you haven't been negligent or knowingly given your card to someone else.

Start by requesting details of the transactions from your bank as to time, place and dates of withdrawals in addition of course to telling them you believe you've been a victim of fraud and filling out whatever form of paperwork or notification they need to formally investigate. Stick with it though and keep pushing your bank

BTW US banks tend to provide stronger protection for such things, often paying out regardless or subject to small deductions, but like UK, I don't think Oz is so kind.

BTW2 Based on the amount people can take from an ATM based on local as well as daily limits, I'm a bit surprised someone could empty your whole account without it looking suspicious.

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile
  • Like 1

The point being missed by some relative to saying that the OP should consider his wife as the culprit... Making such a suggestion tendered in a tone similar to what might be done in a police investigation is one thing ... but to just blurt it out in a flippant bar room joke manner is what is most repulsive and is quite another thing... Does everyone get it now?

You know folks TVF does not have to revert to being a low class joke every time the opportunity presents itself.

Does everyone get it now?

You know folks TVF does not have to revert to being a low class joke every time the opportunity presents itself.

No and stop being a wus, the OP has since made many posts and made no comment about being offended, and i have offered my apologies if he was offended, so stop reading more into this than there really was, one suspects the OP is enough of a man that he doesnt need a knight on a white horse defending his honour, so spare the mock outrage and give it a rest will you..

I couldnt have been a low class joke anyway as it wasnt intended as a joke.

I have had money stolen from an ATM. An ex-gf took my card out of my wallet withdrew 10,000 baht and replaced the card the day she was going back to visit her family. I thought that I had been careful in not letting her see the PIN when I made withdrawals.

put it plainly some arshole got into my account at atm and withdraws my <deleted>..k..i..g money

and bank want to turn blind eye

maybe start with your wife...before blaming everyone else....thumbsup.gif

The guy has got a serious problem - do you really think your popping off helped him any?... What is wrong with some of you anyway? What an awful thing to say ... and how you said it -- a flippant wisecrack ... is that all you can do ?

Good Grief ... are you taking your meds to control impulsive behavior -- Do you know you can be treated?

What do you expect?

TiT, Thaivisa is Thaivisa.