Amazing...when does our turn come?

Because they want the 500K Baht.

Doesn't matter how much you spend for your household, they know you will carry on doing that.

So answering your question........never.

I'm amazed that you haven't grasped the Thai mentality after all these years being here.

Is "Thai mentality" so much different than "farang mentality" ?

If you've grasped it, maybe you would like to share your insights.

Serious question.

You still have to do the 90 days reports on the Thailand Elite PE visa, I did one on mine a few weeks ago.

but your personnal assistant has done it for you, no ?

or did you send it by mail ?

I don't have a personal assistant. I just drove down to immigration at about 3:30 in the afternoon, I then sat there for around 5-10 minutes and they did the 90 day report for me.

The Thailand Elite thing where they will do it for you is only available in Bangkok. I don't know if you need to mail your passport off to do the reports but my passport stays at home all the time unless I need it to use it for ID, fly abroad or take it to immigration for a stamp.

I expect my experience at immigration in Hua Hin will be very different from some of the other places in the country. Of course that all depends on what time of day you go and where abouts you live.

It was a minor annoyance having to go to immigration but it was much more convenient and cheaper in terms of Baht and time wasted than driving to Bangkok and flying out of the country every 90 days.

Edited by ukrules

In Bangkok only, the TE company does it for the customer. So anybody that can provide an address in Bangkok can have it done this way.

In Bangkok only, the TE company does it for the customer. So anybody that can provide an address in Bangkok can have it done this way.

Do you have to send the passport by mail when doing this or can you just send the photocopies ?

I would be very concerned about losing my passport in the mail and generally I won't mail it anywhere.

Do you have to send the passport by mail when doing this or can you just send the photocopies ?

I would be very concerned about losing my passport in the mail and generally I won't mail it anywhere.

No idea, you're the one with the card not me smile.png

• Like 1

you have to exit/enter the kingdom once per year. Whilst you are here it is 90 day reporting.

No you don't have to leave. Get one year extension at immigraion, Bt 1,900.

Not how it was explained to me when I looked into it.

It's actually very useful. You can stay for the full 5 years without leaving but you still need to do the 90 day reports just like everyone other non Thai who stays in Thailand for more than 90 days has to do.

This is as good as it gets if you're under 50 and don't work in Thailand.

Visa

- A renewable 5 years multiple entry visa with one-year-stamp at each arrival

- Stay as long as you like with 1-year-extendable - length of stay

- Extension fee of Baht 1,900.00 paid to Immigration Bureau (The fee is directly charged by Thai Immigration Bureau.)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/

Visa

- A renewable 5 years multiple entry visa with one-year-stamp at each arrival

- Stay as long as you like with 1-year-extendable - length of stay

- Extension fee of Baht 1,900.00 paid to Immigration Bureau (The fee is directly charged by Thai Immigration Bureau.)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726441-thailand-elite-easy-access-500k-thb-card/

Well there it is in black and white but that is not what was explained to me.

Thankyou though cause If I look at this again Iam now better informed.

Well there it is in black and white but that is not what was explained to me.

Thankyou though cause If I look at this again Iam now better informed.

Maybe be you had asked before the new card was introduced, that has changed things in positive.

SO...when do they realise that, if they can do it so easy for anyone they want to, WHY isnt this available to us who are married to a Thai and supporting most of the family as well

lets put another persepctive on "easy" shall we, some who is married can put 400k in the bank and have an annual extension of stay for the rest of their natural life, therefore the married option this is cheaper and one could argue easier than paying 500k for 5 years and at the end of 5 years having to pay again, so over the long term TE is more expensive and BTW everyone does 90 day reports even the TE holders...wink.png

Can someone explain if this is normally in most countries that you need "financial requirements" to be able to stay with your wife or children if you are a foreigner and never be able to get PR? I just checked malaysia visa situation in the last few days. If you have a spouse over their you get 5 year extension if you are married or having a child in Malaysia. And they make absolutely no difference if you are male or female. Also you are able to get work permit with just a very minimum restrictions... founding a company and work for yourself is also possible.

SO...when do they realise that, if they can do it so easy for anyone they want to, WHY isnt this available to us who are married to a Thai and supporting most of the family as well

lets put another persepctive on "easy" shall we, some who is married can put 400k in the bank and have an annual extension of stay for the rest of their natural life, therefore the married option this is cheaper and one could argue easier than paying 500k for 5 years and at the end of 5 years having to pay again, so over the long term TE is more expensive and BTW everyone does 90 day reports even the TE holders...wink.png

Are you married? Do you have children? I would say it is a totally different thing to compare that you pay 500k to get a 5 year permit and having family here and must hope that you are still able to stay with your loved ones next year and been remembered every year that you are only allowed if you show $$$

• Like 1

Can someone explain if this is normally in most countries that you need "financial requirements" to be able to stay with your wife or children if you are a foreigner and never be able to get PR? I just checked malaysia visa situation in the last few days. If you have a spouse over their you get 5 year extension if you are married or having a child in Malaysia. And they make absolutely no difference if you are male or female. Also you are able to get work permit with just a very minimum restrictions... founding a company and work for yourself is also possible.

Why does it matter what they do in other countries ?

You are living in Thailand, it is what goes on here that matters, not anywhere else.

• Like 1

UK male with Thai wife needs to have savings of at least 63,000 pounds or an annual income of 18,500 and more if kids are involved. Thai wife would not get UK passport for at least ten years., Thailand offers savings of only 400,000 or a miserly income of 40K a month so much more generous than the UK. The Foreigner after a mere 3 years if met requirements could apply for PR/Thai citizenship. I believe most countries stipulate some kind of financial requirement.

Are you married? Do you have children? I would say it is a totally different thing to compare that you pay 500k to get a 5 year permit and having family here and must hope that you are still able to stay with your loved ones next year and been remembered every year that you are only allowed if you show $$$

yes...

if its totally different thing why are people trying to compare the two things then ?....why arent we comparing a THB 10 million investment visa, why single out the 500k TE visa ?

Yeah, I'm not married and I have no plans to ever get married, especially not for a visa.

I'm going to earn a load more money over the next 20 years or so and I plan to keep hold of it for myself, there will be none of that 50/50 crap for me.

That is good for you. Really 5 years ago I would have thought similar. Maybe you will also experience like me that sharing your life and income with someone can be even more great then having it just for yourself :)

• Like 1

But then you have to live in Malaysia... bah.gif