Looking for a ride buddy

marinpa

I ride daily in Bkk, usually on my PCX, sometimes on my Versys and Ninja. Was splitting traffic just the other day on Asoke. Going past a bus when out of the blue,, an idiot ran out from in front of the bus without looking. It happened so quickly that I didn't even have time to react. Good thing too as I might have crashed into the car on my right. As it happened, the idiot actually managed to stop before stepping directly into my lane. I?m sure he smelt my Old Spice ... I sure smelt his shit that he pissed in his pants.

OP, if you are going to be like one of those russian dickheads we see on YouTube splitting traffic at high speeds, please make sure that you carry lots of cash in your wallet so that any innocent bystanders are suitable compensated if injured as a result of your foolish actions.

What has the original topic to do with your post?!?

You sound very mature my friend. By the sound of it, everyone around you are idiots, dickheads, fools, etc and you are the only mature, responsible, educated person out there in the traffic.

What gave you the impression that I am like one of them "russian dickheads" or that i am the type of person to commit "foolish actions"?!?

I am a 47 years old male, well seasoned and educated, I have a profession, speak 6 languages, traveled so far 24 countries, 4 continents, I am a family man, a father of three children.

Who the <deleted> you think you are to lecture me and foresee that I will need to compensate anyone on the road as a result of my actions?

You really believe that if you own a PCX, a Versys and a Ninja you are better than me or anyone else on the road don 't you?

I teach people for living you moron, and train them on acquiring driving skills for the emergency/tactical situations. I did this in 6 countries so far, including Thailand. I know better than you the relationship between density of vehicles on the road, traffic stream characteristics, distance and spacing between vehicles, time and space management. I not only that I study them but I teach them. I know many more things about driving and drivers and I can teach you too if you want. So stop being so fiuckng condescending and use the time and this space to post something constructive and relevant.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway.....two weeks since I start riding in Bkk, and so far, knock on wood, no incidents. 2-3 near misses but if one pays attention to the road, stays focused and concentrate on the task at hand, riding in Bkk does not differ from riding in London, Rome, Vancouver, New York or Jakarta. By the way, Jakarta is 3 times worse than Bkk.

In all this time I have only seen an accident, in Lat Phrao Rd, where the Motorcycle Taxi lost his female passenger in the middle of the traffic. The lady had 2-3 plastic bags with groceries, holding onto them, sitting on one side. The taxi guy braked then right away accelerate and the passenger lost her balance and fell between the slow moving vehicles. One of the cars drove over her leg.

So there....this is my second week report..

Have you experienced the madness of bike riders in and around KL?

I am happily biking in Singapore now - well, work and back that is.

Stay safe and keep biking.

Yes, I was there for three months. But I guess drivers/riders with disregard for their own well being and others can be found all over the world. When it comes to self destructive behaviour we can not pinpoint a single country, race or academic level.

Canada have them, US, have them, so does Brazil, Germany, Russia, Great Britain, Spain, Thailand, Indonesia, China, India, etc, etc

I ride daily in Bkk, usually on my PCX, sometimes on my Versys and Ninja. Was splitting traffic just the other day on Asoke. Going past a bus when out of the blue,, an idiot ran out from in front of the bus without looking. It happened so quickly that I didn't even have time to react. Good thing too as I might have crashed into the car on my right. As it happened, the idiot actually managed to stop before stepping directly into my lane. I?m sure he smelt my Old Spice ... I sure smelt his shit that he pissed in his pants.

OP, if you are going to be like one of those russian dickheads we see on YouTube splitting traffic at high speeds, please make sure that you carry lots of cash in your wallet so that any innocent bystanders are suitable compensated if injured as a result of your foolish actions.

You sound very mature my friend. By the sound of it, everyone around you are idiots, dickheads, fools, etc and you are the only mature, responsible, educated person out there in the traffic.

What gave you the impression that I am like one of them "russian dickheads" or that i am the type of person to commit "foolish actions"?!?

I am a 47 years old male, well seasoned and educated, I have a profession, speak 6 languages, traveled so far 24 countries, 4 continents, I am a family man, a father of three children.

Who the you think you are to lecture me and foresee that I will need to compensate anyone on the road as a result of my actions?

You really believe that if you own a PCX, a Versys and a Ninja you are better than me or anyone else on the road don 't you?

I teach people for living you moron, and train them on acquiring driving skills for the emergency/tactical situations. I did this in 6 countries so far, including Thailand. I know better than you the relationship between density of vehicles on the road, traffic stream characteristics, distance and spacing between vehicles, time and space management. I not only that I study them but I teach them. I know many more things about driving and drivers and I can teach you too if you want. So stop being so fiuckng condescending and use the time and this space to post something constructive and relevant.

You ride a 125cc Honda Click with no mirrors (illegal in Thailand) or with them folded in, presumable so that you can 'zip' quickly between vehicles (a dangerous and even illegal move in some countries).

Yet you have the gall and audacity to claim that you are well educated, well travelled and seasoned? 55555. You even claim to be a riding / driving instructor of some sort? I doubt if any poster on TV believes in you or your methods.

My guess is that you're a 16 yr old juvenile delinquent waiting for your mom to take the training wheels of your trike so that you can feel manly riding around your moobahn.

But seriously, if you are looking for some fast riding buddies, get in touch with ll2 or H1ghw4y or Hili (all members on TV). You will need something a bit more powerful than a Click though, hahahaha.

Who the you think you are to lecture me and foresee that I will need to compensate anyone on the road as a result of my actions?

I have travelled to more countries than I care to remember (more than 24 for sure), speak multiple languages, had multiple families and fathered no less than 10 children.

Does that also make me well educated and responsible?

Oh, I've also been riding in Bangkok for a few years without accidents. That must mean that I am 'seeing' and not just 'looking' and well focused and paying attention and therefore in no need for any of your 'expert' instruction, right?

I have travelled to more countries than I care to remember (more than 24 for sure), speak multiple languages, had multiple families and fathered no less than 10 children.

Does that also make me well educated and responsible?

Oh, I've also been riding in Bangkok for a few years without accidents. That must mean that I am 'seeing' and not just 'looking' and well focused and paying attention and therefore in no need for any of your 'expert' instruction, right?

Most likely you one of the guys I would say my is 11 inches long 5 inches thick you would say your is 15 inches long and 9 inches thick.

Raaaaaaight.........

I don't recall anyone trying to give you any kind of advice, let alone an expert one.

In order to be in the la-la land you live, did you need a visa?

Their is a large group of Thai teens that get together to play on their mop heads every month around Democratic Monument you could follow them daredevils around smile.png But don't go there till they finish school, maybe if you help them with their homework they will let you join smile.png

Again my Thai20144 friend, my driving/riding is not about speed or drag racing, I don't have nor I want to prove anything to anyone. I just enjoy driving/riding. Is my passion is my job.

One of my jobs here in Bkk is to train a Disaster Search and Rescue team on driving/riding skills. Yes, the people that are scraping of the pavement "daredevils" such as the ones you just mentioned. At the station they have mountains of pictures and hours and hours of video clips with crashes varying in gravity.

My friend, realistically, looking at the conditions and causes, 80% of all the crashes I have seen, could have been prevented with minor steering/braking corrections and an increased traffic/road/conditions awareness.

There are however an 15% pure bad luck, wrong time at the wrong place.

Well good on you, but that comment I make was meant to be humorous.

I believe Bangkok is an excellent buzz driving around especially for an enthusiast like yourself. I am sure you will find someone with some share time to drive around with you.

I prefer to drive in the countryside as I live in BKK, have you taught about doing a road trip out of BKK to some of the neighboring provinces? That's what I would rather do.

Moving on greener pastures. As I type this, I am on my way to Chang Mai. I've heard riders overs there are twice as rude and obnoxious than Bkk ones.

Never had a "chance" to crash in BKK, I'll try my luck in CM.

Thank you for your input. When I come back to BKk I will take your advice and I will go for an out-of-town day trip.

Stay safe!

Lmfao. What is this obsession with writing lame comments when someone asks a question. First off, he is looking for ride buddies not a bunch of st*pid posts that have nothing to do with his question. Second, if he rides a scooter then he rides a scooter. So what. That's his choice. Let him be. Third, anybody who rides is well aware that his/her life is at great risk. They still do it, they must have their own agenda so why don't you calm your tits down and stop attacking him.

Lastly there is no such thing as an accident. It's not an accident, it happens for a reason. Whoever gets into an accident, invited it voluntarily and it is absolutely avoidable. The outer world doesn't just happen by itself. It's the result of the inner.

But hey, what do i know.

Don't forget to dislike my comment.

Lmfao. What is this obsession with writing lame comments when someone asks a question. First off, he is looking for ride buddies not a bunch of st*pid posts that have nothing to do with his question. Second, if he rides a scooter then he rides a scooter. So what. That's his choice. Let him be. Third, anybody who rides is well aware that his/her life is at great risk. They still do it, they must have their own agenda so why don't you calm your tits down and stop attacking him.

Lastly there is no such thing as an accident. It's not an accident, it happens for a reason. Whoever gets into an accident, invited it voluntarily and it is absolutely avoidable. The outer world doesn't just happen by itself. It's the result of the inner.

But hey, what do i know.

Don't forget to dislike my comment.

Duhhhh..... aummmmm..aaaaaaaa....snif, snif..... Am I allowed to say....I love you!!! I mean not love you love but buddy love.

You ride a 125cc Honda Click with no mirrors (illegal in Thailand) or with them folded in, presumable so that you can 'zip' quickly between vehicles (a dangerous and even illegal move in some countries).

Yet you have the gall and audacity to claim that you are well educated, well travelled and seasoned? 55555. You even claim to be a riding / driving instructor of some sort? I doubt if any poster on TV believes in you or your methods.

My guess is that you're a 16 yr old juvenile delinquent waiting for your mom to take the training wheels of your trike so that you can feel manly riding around your moobahn.

But seriously, if you are looking for some fast riding buddies, get in touch with ll2 or H1ghw4y or Hili (all members on TV). You will need something a bit more powerful than a Click though, hahahaha.

I agree with your opinions and I would not appreciate this guy being anywhere near me while i am riding or driving on the road.. He would probably be on of the many mopeds that I consider flattening.

But all in all, you would think you would get a thanks to your suggestions of other TV members who may join his cause.. Instead more childish replies.

Surprised this topic isn't closed off yet as it does discuss illegal issues such as mopeds with no mirrors and obvious reckless driving which the OP is welcome to do.. But I would think the form would not condone.

Just pay some motorcycle Taxis to drive around with you smile.png

I think the above advise is just coming from general knowledge that Bangkok streets are very dangerous for someone not experienced riding in Bkk.

Anyways I have seen many serious motorcycles crashes here in BKK one girl screaming after being side swiped by a car "My back, My Back"

Another guy screaming after being run over by a car and mangled under the engine.

And I know one guy that had brain surgery after being run over by a truck and these are the lucky ones.

Be safe my brother!

I did, I did hire taxi motorcycles but is getting in the range of 2000/day. One of them was good in particular but the rest.....

Guys, again, and again until some of you people understand. I find riding in Bkk less dangerous than New York, Paris, London, Moscow, Bucharest, Montreal, even Vancouver, where I am from. Here drivers and riders, for he vast majority of the time are very weary, attentive to their surroundings, courteous to each other.

That is until 1900-2000 hours. After 2000 hours the dynamic of the traffic changes and becomes slightly more difficult, a tad dangerous I have to admit.

That is because people are tired, maybe something to drink, smoking some shit or chewing to much Kratoom.

There is a category of traffic participants that are dangerous at any time of the day, tuc-tuc drivers. But they are a breed on their own.

As soon as you see a tuc-tuc in front of you, ride the brakes and change lane as far as possible from it.

In almost a week of driving in Bkk, and I mean.... Driving 2-300 km/ day, I haven't see any crash. ANY!!!

"In almost a week of driving in Bkk", well, as seeing as your such an experienced daredevil..... Give it up, the forum has your number.

• Like 1