German beggar spends donated cash drinkin' and partyin' in Pattaya

webfact

Reminds me of a beggar I saw in Oxford, with a half starved dog.

Nice young lady felt sorry for him, rather than give him money she bought him a sandwich and a hot cup of tea, he just throw them across the street.

If people feel so concerned with these people maybe there should be a system where people can by "food vouchers" to hand to beggars.

Food is not really a priority to an addict. Food vouchers become a tradable currency, just look at what happened in America with the food stamps, it just does not work. If you feel for them then give them money and let them make their own decisions.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That swollen foot looks like gout of a bon viveur to me. That's what too much high living will do to you.

Gout affects joints, not whole muscular tissue, and if he had a gout attack he would not be laughing!

Looks more like Lymphoedema

I would say this was filariasis.

I won't bite, nice try biggrin.png

Rich farang cheat poor thai. Typical. Nothing unusual about that.

But if it were a farang not getting the last 10 satang in change (there not being coins of the value) from his utility bill at 7-Eleven or if he resents a Thai getting a small discount on a restaurant bill, that would be the start of new threads here with the header:

SCAM.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

Reminds me of a beggar I saw in Oxford, with a half starved dog.

Nice young lady felt sorry for him, rather than give him money she bought him a sandwich and a hot cup of tea, he just throw them across the street.

If people feel so concerned with these people maybe there should be a system where people can by "food vouchers" to hand to beggars.

I know in the UK they encourage people to give to charities rather than beggars so that it gets used properly. There's also the problem of some who park there car around the corner and change into shabby clothes before sitting on the ground making a tax free income. Having said that I often give money here as I'm certain the people I give to need it. I give far less to them than end up giving to temples that's for sure.

He's German. He's in Thailand. They won the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this hit the news, the American people would overwhelm you with help.

In 2013, the American people were ranked the most generous in the world for charitable giving. In 2010, they were ranked the 5th most generous.

LINK

Edit. #1 in 2012. LINK

Hahaha oh please. Did you even look at your link? An anonymous poll that does not even account for amounts given smile.png

How about looking at the percentage of GDP each country gives. That would give you an indication of how charitable various countries are, and the US is nowhere near the top of that list. I believe the top spots are reserved for Scandinavia and a few other countries in europe with close to 1% of GDP.

However, if you count the total value of stuff dropped on other countries, including bombs, then I have no doubt the US is #1 biggrin.png

Rich farang cheat poor thai. Typical. Nothing unusual about that.

Which poor Thai was cheated here? As far as I can read, the help came from some german charity. Further, having 50,000 baht does not qualify as being rich farang does it? According to a recent Thai poll it does not even qualify as being a rich Thai. (10 million baht net worth was required to be considered rich in Thailand according to the poll)

Edited by monkeycountry

He is here on holiday. What did everyone expect? That he rent a cheap room and visit temples or one of tourist attractions which charge up to 10x times more entrance fee then for Thai.

He is doing exactly what I guess 95% off all men who come alone for holiday in this country.

Edited by SoFarAndNear

Since then Benjamin has been seen spending the donated THB50,000 cash in a bar, drinking and partying.

Some people can't be helped. Perhaps next time the general public will let him eat his fat foot before being so generous again.

Benjy doesn't need help,he has got it sussed.

He's German. He's in Thailand. They won the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this hit the news, the American people would overwhelm you with help.

In 2013, the American people were ranked the most generous in the world for charitable giving. In 2010, they were ranked the 5th most generous.

LINK

Edit. #1 in 2012. LINK

Sarcasm on

NS, you need to park your desire for facts and datablink.png

Sarcasm off.whistling.gif

"For "duping the entire nation," the national police account said Holse was detained yesterday for questioning by Pattaya police.

They ultimately released him because there was nothing to charge him with, as being a dick is not a crime especially in Pattaya.

Since then Benjamin has been seen spending the donated THB50,000 cash in a bar, drinking and partying.

The report claims that Benjamin made comments blaming Thai peoples stupidity for giving him the money."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/25/german-beggar-spends-donated-cash-drinkin-and-partyin-pattaya

If that comment is translated in Thai,he is a dead man walking,and fair enough too.

He who is without sin please cast the first stone. How about a little compassion for the guy?

Are you serious? look around there are 1,000's of Thais , Cambodians Burmese etc in far worse physical condition living in hovels and a lot of orphanages that would love a 50,000 baht donation.

This guy has scammed well meaning people and is now abusing their good will... or maybe,hopefully, you are just being sarcastic

Hope he had a bloody good time!!thumbsup.gif

Yes he cheated us all, but how many good times has this guy to look forward to?

All those "holier than thou" posters, give it a break. Guy just showing he is human!!

I can just picture the reaction if this was the other way around though (if a Thai did it) this place would be rabid. This guy is a dick, should of used the cash to heal up and go home.

He who is without sin please cast the first stone. How about a little compassion for the guy?

Are you serious? look around there are 1,000's of Thais , Cambodians Burmese etc in far worse physical condition living in hovels and a lot of orphanages that would love a 50,000 baht donation.

This guy has scammed well meaning people and is now abusing their good will... or maybe,hopefully, you are just being sarcastic

Well and someday someone really needs help and noone cares anymore because of people like him. Arrest, check his leg, let him rot for a few weeks in some detention center and then send him home. Maybe he hasn´t broken the law, but for sure he´s no tourist, so why not get him that way?

I really hope he didn´t actually say that Thais and all others were stupid to give him anything, hope that´s lost in translation bah.gif

Edited by I knew this would happen