Neighbour going for 5.30am walk everyday wakes everyone up

ghworker2010

I for several years lived next door to a wat which would start banging on one of these at 4 AM several times a week. Maybe the OP could install one of these on his property and practice his chanting at inopportune times.

(Dum Dum Dum. da DUm Dum Dum.)

buddhist-monk-hitting-drum-temple-thaila

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back home if a neighbors dog wakes me up I go pound on their door.

"Sorry to disturb you but your dog is barking."

They get the message and frankly I don't want to be friends with people like that.

Only an idiot lets the dog disturb the neighbors.

A peeping tom scaled my wall and was hiding outside of the bathroom window while my wife was taking a shower at 6 AM when my dog woke up. Then everyone in a mile radius woke up. Dog barking and man screaming as he ran for his life.

Ya know khunjames if you came to my house in Thailand you would not be allowed to pound on my door. You could ring the bell on the outside of my gate and when I felt like it i might come to the door.

I'm so happy this is not back home where ever that is. I'm alone in the daytime and the dog keeps me informed of what is happening outside of my home. My dog is my policeman and fireman and friend. My burglar alarm, motion detector and smoke detector.

The rest of the thread will turn into the usual rant by people who don't like dogs with the animals being defended by people who do like dogs.

However, this is Thailand and I win.biggrin.png

• Like 2

I was once on an overnight bus, and the driver decided at about 530am that it would be a good time to blast the radio. I'm sure this is common.

I have a hard time figuring Thais out, and an even harder time wanting to figure them out.

And you lived to tell the tale! He was probably falling asleep and needed a distraction.

I did not think of that explanation. That is not too unreasonable I suppose.

... when my dog woke up. You mean wonder dog actually sleeps? Dogs on fenced property unfortunately must be tolerated in Thailand as the Thai Penal Code as best I can tell only deals with dogs running loose. My take on the 2 dogs that chase me on my motorbike is not to retaliate but to arrange it so that when they chase me a car or truck will be coming in the opposite direction and flatten them. Only close calls so far.

• Like 1

... when my dog woke up. You mean wonder dog actually sleeps? Dogs on fenced property unfortunately must be tolerated in Thailand as the Thai Penal Code as best I can tell only deals with dogs running loose. My take on the 2 dogs that chase me on my motorbike is not to retaliate but to arrange it so that when they chase me a car or truck will be coming in the opposite direction and flatten them. Only close calls so far.

cant believe it,, were talking about PENAL CODES, now,

i see a yank, you,ll be wanting compensation ,,,lol

No Jake, compensation is Civil Code ... and this is Thailand:

Thai Penal Code:

Section 377 Whoever, having in his care a ferocious or vicious animal, allows it to wander about alone in a manner likely to cause injury to a person or things, shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one month or fined not exceeding one thousand Baht, or both.

... and as I said, in Thailand, if the dog is on fenced property or on a leash there isn't much one can do without becoming just as obnoxious as the dog owner.

Edited by JLCrab

What you need to do is grow a pair of balls and go talk to all the neighbors with the obnoxiously loud mutts and tell them to shut them the <deleted> up or they may find them on someone's plate in Vietnam.

Yeah well said brave soul, the trouble is he might finish up on someone's plate.......maybe the dogs.

5.30am wake ups - shop owner arriving on a decrepit motorcyc opposite; various shop shutters rammed open.

All night wake ups - howling dogs, decrepit vehicles of various description, neighbour's son's drinking parties (she installed him there on his own after he got out of jail for drugs).

Thinking positively, we're in a town centre shopping quadrant & there are NO chickens :)

Correlation is not causation. Your example does not make any sense.

The dogs have not been trained to shut up. It their owners fault, we all agree about that. But once you know that, if you are not a selfish <deleted>, and you don't live in a neighboorhood where everybody wakes up at that time anyway, then you simply don't walk your dog so early in the morning. Because unlike your stupid example, the barking orchestra is a direct effect of that walk!

Amazing that we still need to explain the basic principle of cause and effect to people who have access to internet and understand how to use a web forum! I've read at least half a dozen posts saying it wasn't the lady's fault as she wasn't barking herself. Baffles the mind.

It is correlation - look it up.

Presumably you wouldn't complain if I moved in next door with a bunch of noisy dogs - after all, it won't be my fault when they bark?

Given your quoting abilities not sure you should be associating understanding how to use web forums with understanding basic principles.

you bad man, very very bad man biggrin.png (Seinfeld reference)

I would simply punch the dog in the face & poison the neighbour!

Hey Dude:

What high school you attend? I'm planning like a Columbine, and need a partner. Ya interested? PM me. Hail Goth.

Don't 'hey dude' me!

You need locking up ye weirdo!

Ex-ccccccuse the heck out of me.

You're the one recommending poisoning the neighbor. I just thought we might be soul mates.

Ye weirdo? Where you from, you little leprechaun, you?

You wanna come put the cuffs on me, big boy? I think I'd like that.

Edited by Gecko123

I live in a thai village / housing estate where all the houses look the same and are close together. We like our house but now think it was a mistake to rent here due to all the barking dogs.

Every morning, irrespective of the weather, a resident (thai lady) takes her dog for a walk at 5.30am. As a result of this, every single dog starts barking. Her dog stops at our gate and stalks our canine who growls a bit. Ive taught him not to bark. At that time of the morning the barking dogs are extremely loud and I cant imagine anyone sleeping through it. Suffice to say that I use ear plugs but cant sleep through the chorus of barking which lasts 10min.

I don't want to generalise by saying that all thais are illogical but some surely are. Perhaps they are selfish or really stupid.... they don't seem to care or acknowledge that their actions are affecting other people.

I cant exactly apply my nanny state thoughts and go and speak to the women at that hour of the morning. Its a free country and she can do what she wants. I think the only solution is that we will have to find a new house to rent. Or do you think it would be ok to get several of the neighbours together to approach her and ask her to walk at a more reasonable time i.e 6.30am. Or maybe I should grow a pair and approach her myself. I was always taught in life 'no balls no babies'. Let me know your thoughts.

Your quite right you cannot apply your nannying thoughts on a person choosing to walk their dog at a reasonable time. For many in Thailand, work starts early, and it is good that this responsible dog owner walks their dog before going to work.

As the saying goes, when in Rome, do as the Romans do, so might be better to likewise get up and walk your dog, before it gets too hot. I'm sure the dog would appreciate it.

• Like 1

5.30 I agree is the best part of the day. The rooster alarm next door awakes me for a quick coffee before away for 4 or 5 laps around the lake with a few of the hood dogs for company or a bike ride around the city. Love it and the thais about at that time of day are always ablaze with smiles and joyful greetings

Oh come on with all the excuses for inconsiderate behavior.

Brain dead. The lady is brain dead and needs adult supervision.

You can move but they are everywhere.

Who's country is it?

I would imagine most people know the lay of the land,before they relocate.

This lady in question is doing what wrong?

Who's country is it?? very very lame

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy

5.30 I agree is the best part of the day. The rooster alarm next door awakes me for a quick coffee before away for 4 or 5 laps around the lake with a few of the hood dogs for company or a bike ride around the city. Love it and the thais about at that time of day are always ablaze with smiles and joyful greetings

more very lame coments

thai people are selfish simple as that.

Sorry but so are farangs!!!!

Our ex neighbour would come home at 3 am and walk his dog back and forth in front of our gate causing our dogs and street dogs to bark This went on for 30 minutes every night. After that he and his girlfriend would jump in and out of the pool screaming and shouting.

I complained and was told that I was "unreasonable".

After about two years they moved out and we could sleep all night. We had forgotten was a pleasure that was.

This is Thailand.... get used to it.

Edited by petedk

more very lame coments

Whats lame about that ?

Very true, 5.30 is daytime and between then and around 9 is the best time of the day.

Dogs should never be allowed where they can bark at people going past minding their own business on a public road.

It is the dog owners that are unreasonable not the people going past at any time of the day or night.

more very lame coments

Whats lame about that ?

Very true, 5.30 is daytime and between then and around 9 is the best time of the day.

Dogs should never be allowed where they can bark at people going past minding their own business on a public road.

It is the dog owners that are unreasonable not the people going past at any time of the day or night.

My dog barks when people are close to my house. That's what she is supposed to do. She has stopped burglars and peeping toms and a couple of drunks and a gang of juvenile delinquents. I don't know if a guy walking by my house in the middle of the night is minding his own business or not. How would I determine if a person was a danger or not from outside my home? Do you have some kind of smell trick that tells you the difference between a robber and a regular guy?

You are a bit off I think for living in Thailand. It's not like the cops are going to come if there is a problem. This is not your average nanny state.

It doesn't sound to me like she is necessarily illogical, stupid or particularly selfish. She probably just doesn't feel responsible for all the dogs in the neighborhood.

I walk my dog early in the morning, usually 5:30-6:00 am, and all the neighbors dogs,(soi dogs) bark and howl , and I hope they wake their so called owners up, because also these dogs crap on every ones yard, and run free, the owners are totally irresponsible of their animals.

Personally I don't give a flying $hit, the lazy owners, are total aceholes.

I am a responsible dog owner, if my dog craps anywhere, I have a baggie to pick up their droppings, and throw in a trash bin.

The irresponsible, inconsiderate, lazy, people are the ones bitching about not getting enough sleep, live with it, or frigging move -

Animal lover

Even in the new gated moobaans in BKK the thai don't care for rules. In our moobaan you can max. have 2 dogs only but i know many family's who have more then 2. And some of them bark all day.

My neighbours only come in the weekend and bring their dogs. Then they leave home all day and those dogs bark nonstop. I asked them twice to change that, another neighbour also told them they bark all day and now they don't let them alone anymore.