2015 to be promoted as year of 'Thai Way of Life Tourism Experiences'

webfact

2015 to be promoted as year of Thai Way of Life and Community Tourism

BANGKOK, 25 September 2014 (NNT) -- The Thai government has designated 2015 as the year of the 'Thai Way of Life Tourism Experiences', aiming to boost the much-needed revenues for the country.

According to Tourism and Sport Minister Kobkarn Wattanawara, the campaign is aimed at boosting the sagging economy, by generating 2.2 trillion baht in foreign currency for the nation.

The ministry plans to attract upwards of 28 million foreign tourists to Thailand in 2015 through cultural and community tourism. The plan is to promote Thai intellectual heritage such as traditional massage and medical treatment as well as Thai boxing as invaluable experiences visitors should not miss while they are in Thailand.

Twelve second-tier cities, such as Lampang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, and Nan will be promoted as additional tourism destinations in addition to the existing ones.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-09-25 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many posts were removed due to derogatory and/or inflammatory comments about Thailand in general, current government or other issues in an attempt to derail this topic. Please show restraint and abide by the forum rules particulary these ...

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

• Like 1

I'm convinced that the tourism ministries and related companies enjoy trolling us farangs. They know what they can get away with. We don't stick together and there aren't many of us that have any influence anyway. Bill Heineke for example aint going to post negative stuff about Thai tourism. As soon as someone steps out of line, they simply have them disappeared or otherwise dealt with.

Even though their horrific treatment of us affects me negatively, I give them some respect for having the balls to just exploit us so openly and consistently. They've figured out the formula

They sure don't treat the Chinese or other Asians the same way.

• Like 1

Thai way of life, honesty, integrity, incorruptible officials, free and fair elections, everyone equal before the law, accountable Police force, world class education and a tourist experience to die for! thumbsup.gif

Fantastic people - looking forward to those friendly Jet ski guys- the off shore ferry captains expertise. And the the night clubbing.

Over all its the honesty and safety , lazy days on the beach and meeting new friends.

I wonder if they came up with this slogan in a "feel good" tourism creative meetings where every-one in the room had to write a slogan on a yellow post-it note and stick on a flip chart............. and rather than offend, they took the best word from 7 participants and came up with this! You see there is creativity after all!. I expect there was a nice lunch afterwards.

• Like 1

The short ones work best, I doubt they will ever beat "Amazing Thailand" for being memorable and accurate (along with "Inedible India" and "Malaysia, Truly Asia").

Oh, and couple more posts hidden.

I guess short ones work best true.

Maybe we could go with <deleted>

Edited by Crossy
Sorry Fred, it did make me smile but others wouldn't understand.

Let's not forget the half pricing for tourists, tourists protected as taxi drivers picking them up get their licence revoked for not using a meter, the ultra safe transport system, especially the buses and mini vans and the friendly immigration officials you will meet at the airport. It's truly a tourists dream, what could possibly put them off coming?