Thai woman orders iPhone from a Facebook page, gets underwear instead

webfact

OK, Mark, I know you feel depressed after you can't be an MP, but to come down to this level??????

Unthinkable........

Costas, I never thought you would play to that gallery. You have put yourself in most dubious company. It was bad enough that an idiot (in Khausod for God's sake) who doesn't know anything about journalism or milking machines would write something that far into bad taste in a Newspaper article; but for you to repeat it as a joke...............................Well! You have obviously been living up North too long mate. The rabid reds have got you brainwashed; or possibly they have milked out the cream of your intelligence & your milk of human kindness ...

Edited by The Deerhunter

What is so sad about victims like this is that they are often so trusting because they are honest people who believe others are like them.

No honest person would think you could buy an iPhone for 3000 baht. They probably thought they were buying stolen goods. I have no sympathy with people that gullible.

I didn't read anywhere that they were supposed to be new phones

3k each for second hand sounds ok to me ( maybe a bit on the cheap side )

Just cheap enough to get someone to bite

People do deal in second hand phones so not really suspicious that he was selling 2

Hopefully the police can find the seller maybe from his phone number

• Like 1

Wonder why the seller sent something as opposed to nothing?

Many Thais still operate online sales in the craziest manner. I follow several Thai small businesses on facebook and they regularly post pics of outgoing packages and tracking numbers right there in their feed. I guess it's their way of gaining credibility and letting people know "hey, lots of people are ordering stuff from us and you should too!"

In the case of a scammer I'd imagine it gives them one or two days to pull in a few more scams before they close down the page and disappear. In the meantime those being scammed have no reason to suspect they've been duped and if they are tagged in a tracking pic on facebook all of their friends will see the great deal and hurry to buy too.

Edited by SlideRiceFC

Thailand the hub of scams! Hahahahaha, they scam each other so we shouldn't feel so special.

They actually scam each other 100x more than they do foreigners, especially in the Issan region. As a foreigner, we just don't generally hear about such things as they don't make the news.

• Like 1

Wonder why the seller sent something as opposed to nothing?

Probably banking on her being so gullible she'd wash the skiddies and return them as wrongly supplied.

They would then have to charge her with tampering with DNA evidence! rolleyes.gif

If it's too good to be true comes to mind. Though obviously not soon enough for the two women. But we are in Thailand, where tradition holds that if what the customers request isn't available, give them the next best thing.

Of course, someone, somewhere, could be wondering when thongs with 8 megapixels, flash, and a built-in vibrator first appeared.

What is so sad about victims like this is that they are often so trusting because they are honest people who believe others are like them.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes so trusting and innocent...

I think the word you meant was gullible! I blame Thailand education system, they are never taught about the 'real world'.