Looking For Someone To Do A Website And The Whole Package

Guys.. I am not looking for a webdesigner.. I am looking for a company that also has webdesigners, a 1 stop service. A company that can do it all.

They should have a good reference list of clients, able to show that sites they make come high in listings.. etc etc. A company with opening hours and not an office location down in Nana Plaza a couple of days a week.

Regarding this issue and internet, this is one of the biggest mistakes about websites and you see a lot of them in Thailand. You have a web designer make a site for you and the client is happy.. “ yeah of course we`re online, we got a nice website!”

This is then exactly what you ve got and nothing more. People can only see this website if you send them a mail or hand out your business card. Pretty useless from a point of global business view

The truth is that to make a good working website from start to finish involves a lot of other things. It might also never be finished.

Even though my best friend for 20 years and who is an extremly skilled Art Director and could do the design for free, I want a 1 stop service involving one company.

There must be more people out there that has made good working websites in Thailand?

Sorry to say, but I have never seen a 'good' website designed by Thai. I find the Thai are good with graphics etc, but when it comes to functionality, understanding layout that converts and a million other small but important factors it sucks.

Especially if your target is US/EU better you find someone who understands the market it is targeted to.

So this might be the right area to get into then, doing "1 stop service" websites for farangs :)

Finally, the bottom line. I'll start lining up customers for you (behind me).

IMHO, there is a real need here. Most 'farang' 'web designers' I have seen touting there services here seem to have just started learning the trade. I had to teach myself some design, coding, SEO and SEM skills a few years ago, just enough to do my own sites. It really is not hard, but there's a lot to know. And it moves quickly.

There is an opportunity for decent quality here, but the line of customers is not really prepared to pay for quality, sad to say. You'll have to bargain against the Thai, who haven't got a clue, and the farang who's trying to make beer money off little skill. I'm not sure it'll work, in Thailand price is everything, and most of the 'farang' that live here have fallen into the same culture.

So this might be the right area to get into then, doing "1 stop service" websites for farangs :D

IMHO, there is a real need here. Most 'farang' 'web designers' I have seen touting there services here seem to have just started learning the trade. I had to teach myself some design, coding, SEO and SEM skills a few years ago, just enough to do my own sites. It really is not hard, but there's a lot to know. And it moves quickly.

There is an opportunity for decent quality here, but the line of customers is not really prepared to pay for quality, sad to say. You'll have to bargain against the Thai, who haven't got a clue, and the farang who's trying to make beer money off little skill. I'm not sure it'll work, in Thailand price is everything, and most of the 'farang' that live here have fallen into the same culture.

I couldn't agree more ! It seems EVERYONE I talk to is a web designer... but usually it's just a hobby or something they do on the side..

Check out Revive Marketing, (http://revivemarketing.org/) we're a US based Web Design/Development company that covers everything from web and logo design to custom application development, SEO and hosting! ALL of our clients refer us and we're happy to connect anyone with our current clients for comments. You can see some of the most recent work completed on our site, under portfolio.

Also, since my wife and I (we own Revive Mktg) are here in Thailand visiting family for the next few months, we offer reasonable rates for locals and specialize in farang AND multilingual websites. We've also brought our US work ethic with us.. so we get the job done, answer the phone when it rings and take care of business.

Hope to see you there soon. If you mention that you saw us on ThaiVisa.com, we offer a 10% discount on web design for referred clients. :)

Revive

So this might be the right area to get into then, doing "1 stop service" websites for farangs :D

I couldn't agree more ! It seems EVERYONE I talk to is a web designer... but usually it's just a hobby or something they do on the side..

Check out Revive Marketing, (http://revivemarketing.org/) we're a US based Web Design/Development company that covers everything from web and logo design to custom application development, SEO and hosting! ALL of our clients refer us and we're happy to connect anyone with our current clients for comments. You can see some of the most recent work completed on our site, under portfolio.

Also, since my wife and I (we own Revive Mktg) are here in Thailand visiting family for the next few months, we offer reasonable rates for locals and specialize in farang AND multilingual websites. We've also brought our US work ethic with us.. so we get the job done, answer the phone when it rings and take care of business.

Hope to see you there soon. If you mention that you saw us on ThaiVisa.com, we offer a 10% discount on web design for referred clients. :)

Revive

you guys are all overlooking one big detail, this thread was started in 2006, I highly doubt the OP is still looking for a web designer....

Hi there

Any decent freelancer should be able to handle everything for less than the price of a small(ish) design studio.

If the freelancer is competent and happens not to be Thai then it is possible that he will be able to do the job better than a local company.

I personally am a freelancer who lives in Bangkok. If you are serious about getting the job done, go to Google and search for: freelance website designer Bangkok.

You will find me at number 3 or 4. My name is Andrew.

• 3 months later...
Contact Rich at:

http://www.storminteractiveinc.com/

Can do it all. Very knowledgeable and professional, as well as a nice guy.

Professional? Don't you think it may help to have a professional site to sell your services? Apart from looking like it's a decade old, the code is a mess, and tables? Who uses tables still?

I can do 10 times better, and I wouldn't dream of passing myself of as a 'webdesigner'. Maybe I should. The competition looks non-existent.

Sorry, I know it's an old thread, but it just irks me terribly the quality of web design everybody tries to pass off here in Thailand as 'professional'.

The design is the easy part, if that can not be done properly, how on earth will these guys incorporate all the other important factors that go into creating an even mildly successful website.

Edited by OlRedEyes

Guys.. I am not looking for a webdesigner.. I am looking for a company that also has webdesigners, a 1 stop service. A company that can do it all.

They should have a good reference list of clients, able to show that sites they make come high in listings.. etc etc. A company with opening hours and not an office location down in Nana Plaza a couple of days a week.

Regarding this issue and internet, this is one of the biggest mistakes about websites and you see a lot of them in Thailand. You have a web designer make a site for you and the client is happy.. “ yeah of course we`re online, we got a nice website!”

This is then exactly what you ve got and nothing more. People can only see this website if you send them a mail or hand out your business card. Pretty useless from a point of global business view

The truth is that to make a good working website from start to finish involves a lot of other things. It might also never be finished.

Even though my best friend for 20 years and who is an extremly skilled Art Director and could do the design for free, I want a 1 stop service involving one company.

There must be more people out there that has made good working websites in Thailand?

Try www.digitalmetrix.net

Good rates and good results.