Can my cheating Thai wife get her boyfriend a visa ?

You better come up withy a self serving agenda plan that blocks her any which way you can as you can be sure she will not abide by the rules.

It sounds like she figures it is over between the 2 of you while she is not at all concerned about how you feel about what has evolved and or her self serving agenda....going by what you have said in your post

I say get prepared to fight back and practice self preservation if need be while there is no need to be forthright and or 100 percent honest and up front with her....not at this point as she has revealed herself to be untrustworthy.

Cheers and good luck

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your daughter is happy with you look into transferring the house to her. Close all accounts and hide the cash if they ask where the money is say you spent it badly.

If she has no home money she might decide to stay in Thailand. This might not be legal but could work.

Bull! You've got to prove it. You don't think the kid will be questioned.

Sorry this is off topic, but I've been there, done it, wrote the book, got the t-shirt.

You assume the women get custody, not always the case!

Another topic.

No, in the UK, if she has a second rate solicitor, and not prepared to do anything to win, sometimes a man can get a result.

If I, or anyone like me had been advising/representing her, you would have lost everything.

With respect to the OP, we only know his side of the story.

Who gets custody and the division of assets upon divorce, if he and his wife cannot agree between themselves, will be decided by the court; that decision being based on factors and circumstances about which we know nothing.

With respect, trumpet blowing by an American lawyer wont change that.

This is an immigration forum, not a divorce one.

If the OP wants general advice on UK divorce law he should find a UK divorce forum. If he wants specific advice on his situation he should speak to a solicitor; as Mosha has said, the CAB can arrange an initial free consultation for him.

Questions about her status as a British citizen are a sideshow irrelevancy. She is British and has been for many years. After all this time proving that she obtained that citizenship by deception is going to be very difficult, if not impossible.

The OP asked a specific question: can my cheating Thai wife get her boyfriend a visa ?

The answer has been given; yes, she can.

Provided that, like any other UK visa applicant, he satisfies all the criteria for the visa applied for.

• Like 1

Bull! You've got to prove it. You don't think the kid will be questioned.

Questioning the kid is done by social services, usually they aren't all that interested (6m to 1y waiting list).

In the meantime woman gets 100% custody, questioning the kid will only get the guy visits.

But the woman can avoid those anyway, with no fear of punishment.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Until he gets a visa, he wont be able to live anywhere in the UK!

As already explained, the likelihood of the boyfriend getting a settlement visa until after the OP and his wife divorce is zero.

If they do divorce and if she does get the marital home, which she wont unless she also gets custody of the child, and if the boyfriend then does meet all the requirements for a settlement visa as her spouse or partner and if she meets the financial requirement to enable her to sponsor him for settlement, then she and he will be able to live in that house.

A lot of 'ifs' there!

Until he gets a visa, he wont be able to live anywhere in the UK!

As already explained, the likelihood of the boyfriend getting a settlement visa until after the OP and his wife divorce is zero.

If they do divorce and if she does get the marital home, which she wont unless she also gets custody of the child, and if the boyfriend then does meet all the requirements for a settlement visa as her spouse or partner and if she meets the financial requirement to enable her to sponsor him for settlement, then she and he will be able to live in that house.

A lot of 'ifs' there! Of course she,as the mother will get custody of the child..Why wouldn't she?

Can boyfriend come on visitors visa...Is there still language requirements for visitors visa

Can boyfriend come on visitors visa...Is there still language requirements for visitors visa

Anybody can apply for a Visit Visa, if he could convince an ECO that a visit is genuine, affordable and, on the balance of probabilities they would return to their home country at the the conclusion of the visit, then in all probability a visa would be issued.

There are no language requirements for a visit visa, people travel to the UK from many non English speaking countries, and many visitors don't speak English.

I think the best thing for me to do is ride it out, there is no way we will be reconciling she has said this and i wouldnt want it, especially since she is in touch with this man still and will not stop although i have said you wont be talking to him in the house whilst im there and she has agreed to this, still some cheek of her if that was the other way round i would tell her i was sorry wouldnt even suggest i was going to carry it on just to make sure i didnt rub her nose in it, she has no feelings of sorrow what so ever, she is only sorry she got caught but she wont even admit that, she sees signs of sorrow and emotion as weak and pathetic, but i have said everyone has feelings ! even yesterday when i was at my mothers house with my daughter as she likes being round there with other members of the family and has more friends there than where we are at now , we are sitting in there having dinner whilst she is out sitting in the car waiting for us, i still felt sorry for her and her reply was dont feel sorry for me i dont care, and she used to be over my mums nearly everyday before this.

But i know soon as i move out and she gets the ball rolling the gloves will come off because she is still scorned and humilated badly, big loss of face and she dont like that, she might be saying all this now so as to get me to move out voluntary but once this has happened i would imagine i am gonna be in for a rough ride. She also doesnt like the fact with my parents and doesnt understand why everyone is treating her like a murderer when all she wanted to do is move on with her life, her words ! I honestly believe my daughter would not have a good life with her now as everything she does is around her feelings nobody elses, and she has no support network here or friends in the town so she would be isolated and my daughter would be basiclly be on her own with her, she hasnt got her interests at heart. You know if she had come back and apoligised and said it was just a holiday fling i would have forgiven her as everyone makes mistakes but she wont even do that, she obviously sees a future with this guy and like somebody else said she is keeping all her cards to her chest, whilst i am giving her little bits of info, she wouldnt even tell me what he does for a living or nothing about him her answer is we are done nothing to do with you, i knew our marriage was on the rocks before she went to thailand but i didnt know she was planning an affair with him all this time, you think marriage problems, just work through them sort things out i was even prepared to go to counseling but no way not for her. As for divorce proceedings i am told that i can drag that for a couple of years, which i will do, and as for moving out i know soon as i do that the gloves will come off and it will be court room then after but enough now i have ranted long enough... Thanks

7by7, on 27 Sept 2014 - 15:28, said:

With respect to the OP, we only know his side of the story.

Who gets custody and the division of assets upon divorce, if he and his wife cannot agree between themselves, will be decided by the court; that decision being based on factors and circumstances about which we know nothing.

With respect, trumpet blowing by an American lawyer wont change that.

This is an immigration forum, not a divorce one.

If the OP wants general advice on UK divorce law he should find a UK divorce forum. If he wants specific advice on his situation he should speak to a solicitor; as Mosha has said, the CAB can arrange an initial free consultation for him.

Questions about her status as a British citizen are a sideshow irrelevancy. She is British and has been for many years. After all this time proving that she obtained that citizenship by deception is going to be very difficult, if not impossible.

The OP asked a specific question: can my cheating Thai wife get her boyfriend a visa ?

The answer has been given; yes, she can.

Provided that, like any other UK visa applicant, he satisfies all the criteria for the visa applied for.

Sorry to contradict, but your reply may confuse the OP.

i.e. The OP asked a specific question: can my cheating Thai wife get her boyfriend a visa ? The answer has been given; yes, she can.

She cannot get a Visa for anyone as she is not the applicant. She could assist with his application but she can't get him a Visa.

In the OP's current situation (married), his wife's boyfriend couldn't apply for either a settlement Visa or a Family Visitor Visa, his only option would be a Visitor Visa, which in my opinion is highly unlikely and probably would be declined.

The OP's head is messed up, he need's to forget his worries over her boyfriend and whether he will suddenly appear on the scene in the UK and concentrate on reconciling his marriage or getting a divorce.

The chance of the boyfriend turning up in the UK is about 1% IMHO. The OP should disregard his fears of this event happening and concentrate on the matters at hand.

• Like 1

You are correct that the boyfriend would be the applicant, not the wife. This point has been made earlier in the topic, I think.

The question "Can my cheating Thai wife get her boyfriend a visa?" was interpreted by me, and I think nearly everyone else, as asking if she can sponsor her boyfriend's visa application. To which the answer, as said, is yes.

Whether or not he would get that visa depends, as said in the post you have quoted and gone over in much more detail earlier in the topic, on whether he, the applicant, satisfies all the criteria for the visa applied for.

I agree that, at present, he doesn't qualify for a settlement visa as her spouse, partner or fiancé and that the likelihood of him getting a visa to visit her, with her as sponsor or not, are next to zero. Indeed, I said exactly this in my first post in this topic!

• Like 1

She is a UK citizen.You have no right to deny your wife of her rights.Kiss goodbye to half your assets you obtained with your wife in 13 years ,including kids,while she sits with her old boyfriend,probably in your house,collecting welfare.You will be paying money to support your kids,and no doubt some of the money will be siphoned off to buy a nice red for old boyfriend while he lays about in your former home.

Welcome to the real world of many men.To quote The Cruel Sea"Get a lawyer son,get a real good one."

Hi right where to start, my wife has been caught out cheating on me whilst she was supposed to be visiting family in thailand when me and our daughter where in the uk. What i would like to know is can she sponsor him to come over here ?? we are still married although will be seperating soon and she does hold uk citizenship, is there any way i can stop this from happening ? as i didnt just put 13 years of marriage in for some one to come and take over my shit !! i am still currently residing at the home as i think i havent done anything why should i move out !! and she doesnt give a hoot !! no sympathy, no feelings just stone cold emotionless !! and she thinks she can mess me and my daughters lives up for some high school sweetheart, Not happy !! Please Help !!

Yeah, bring him over so you can beat him. Not serious of course. Like previously mentioned, get some legal advice.

Good luck to you.

Why beat him,it's the wife that cheated.

. But it is a crime to not declare assets that you've hidden to avoid divorce settlements. What you said is meaningless and at worst dangerous advice. Selling all assets and hiding the cash does not help the OP in the event of a divorce. For him to do so and not declare it put him at risk of criminal charges, even years later.

As I explained in a previous post,

Failing to make a declaration is not a crime.

Making an incorrect declaration is a crime (perjury, but in family court unlikely to be punished).

No risk at all, years later.

So what happens when her lawyer asks about missing cash and assets from house.You got reciepts for all that.Is UK divorce law so full of loopholes,i don't think so.Lying to Family Court is perjury and will be punished.

louse1953, on 29 Sept 2014 - 08:16, said:

She is a UK citizen.You have no right to deny your wife of her rights.Kiss goodbye to half your assets you obtained with your wife in 13 years ,including kids,while she sits with her old boyfriend,probably in your house,collecting welfare.You will be paying money to support your kids,and no doubt some of the money will be siphoned off to buy a nice red for old boyfriend while he lays about in your former home.

Welcome to the real world of many men.To quote The Cruel Sea"Get a lawyer son,get a real good one."

He isn't denying her any rights...............and what about his rights?

You sound like a twisted, bitter, scorned man.

Many men have been through it, but fortunately we didn't end up with your attitude to life.

akajack9,

You need to Machiavellian about this. Don't cause a scene. If you haven't confronted her about the situation, don't. Nevermind, I see that you have discussed it with her.

Slowing remove her from all your land/auto titles and leases without her knowledge. If you can't take her off accounts, close them or draw down the money that is in them.

Next, consider moving your liquid assets into a trust fund or overseas -- somewhere where she and her new man will not be able to access them. For large items such as a house, put it inside of a trust account or an LLC (or UK equivalent). Consider converting any "joint" bank account funds into bitcoin so that it is untracable. If you decide to move back to Thailand (or anywhere else in the world), the bitcoins will be available to you and her lawyer will not be able to trace the transfer.

Additionally, consider taking photographs of both of you everyday from here on out. If you haven't confronted her, come up with a silly reason to take a selfie or tell her that you are taking up photography as a hobby. This documents that there is no physical abuse. She may try and hurt herself and call the police to get you thrown in jail for abuse and strengthen her claim to your property in divorce proceedings. Buy things everyday on credit and retain the receipt as proof of where you were at any given time. If you have a close friend that you can confide in, let them know what's up and call them everyday to report in. They can be your witness to anything that happens. If there is a domestic dispute, try and have a third-party present to vouch that you did not get physical.

When you are ready to take the leap, change your phone numbers and move out. Leave her completely in the dark as to why this is happening until YOU file papers AGAINST her. Women file divorce papers 75% of the time and often have it planned YEARS in advance. This lends creedence to their argument that they need 50% of your money (maybe more) until you die.

No-fault divorce is a criminal industry. Don't be a victim.

Edited by farangabroad

louse1953, on 29 Sept 2014 - 08:16, said:

He isn't denying her any rights...............and what about his rights?

You sound like a twisted, bitter, scorned man.

Many men have been through it, but fortunately we didn't end up with your attitude to life.

What i wrote is reality,he wants immigration to stop old boyfriend coming to visit his wife,he wants a British citizens rights of seeing her friend denied.Got it.Don't worry about me,i am in a happy state of total denial.

As a British citizen with a child, she can report you to the police for threatening behaviour, and have you out of your house in less than two weeks.

No evidence required at all.

Britain does no fault divorce, which means the woman can do whatever she wants and still be given the house and custody of the kid, for the good of the kid.

Penty of my UK pals been done over like this.

Very true if it is going to divorce you want to tread carefully as long as she has been a reasonble mother (i.e. had a major part in their upbringing with no probems such as drugs,prostitution etc) then custody would go in the vast majority of cases to the woman - along with child maintenance and the house if there is one. If you are the breadwinner and have earned significantly more than her during the relationship then she will be entitled in a divorce settlement to the life she is currently accustomed to.

I think the best thing for me to do is ride it out, there is no way we will be reconciling she has said this and i wouldnt want it, especially since she is in touch with this man still and will not stop although i have said you wont be talking to him in the house whilst im there and she has agreed to this, still some cheek of her if that was the other way round i would tell her i was sorry wouldnt even suggest i was going to carry it on just to make sure i didnt rub her nose in it, she has no feelings of sorrow what so ever, she is only sorry she got caught but she wont even admit that, she sees signs of sorrow and emotion as weak and pathetic, but i have said everyone has feelings ! even yesterday when i was at my mothers house with my daughter as she likes being round there with other members of the family and has more friends there than where we are at now , we are sitting in there having dinner whilst she is out sitting in the car waiting for us, i still felt sorry for her and her reply was dont feel sorry for me i dont care, and she used to be over my mums nearly everyday before this.

But i know soon as i move out and she gets the ball rolling the gloves will come off because she is still scorned and humilated badly, big loss of face and she dont like that, she might be saying all this now so as to get me to move out voluntary but once this has happened i would imagine i am gonna be in for a rough ride. She also doesnt like the fact with my parents and doesnt understand why everyone is treating her like a murderer when all she wanted to do is move on with her life, her words ! I honestly believe my daughter would not have a good life with her now as everything she does is around her feelings nobody elses, and she has no support network here or friends in the town so she would be isolated and my daughter would be basiclly be on her own with her, she hasnt got her interests at heart. You know if she had come back and apoligised and said it was just a holiday fling i would have forgiven her as everyone makes mistakes but she wont even do that, she obviously sees a future with this guy and like somebody else said she is keeping all her cards to her chest, whilst i am giving her little bits of info, she wouldnt even tell me what he does for a living or nothing about him her answer is we are done nothing to do with you, i knew our marriage was on the rocks before she went to thailand but i didnt know she was planning an affair with him all this time, you think marriage problems, just work through them sort things out i was even prepared to go to counseling but no way not for her. As for divorce proceedings i am told that i can drag that for a couple of years, which i will do, and as for moving out i know soon as i do that the gloves will come off and it will be court room then after but enough now i have ranted long enough... Thanks

There is a voluminous loof leaf file book available to Thais in the UK dealing with their rights and the law and a very thick section on divorce.

I would advise to OP if there is any chance of his ex taking his daughter out of the country to request a wardship order from the high court to prevent his wife removing his daughter out of the UK with out the courts permission.

Again having said that he should seek legal advice regarding separation and divorce.

As for the chances of the boyfriend coming across and setting up home with his ex is highly unlikely, firstly the relationship, hard to prove when she is/was married to someone else, they would have to marry to go down the settlement route and she would have to have a very good job to have the £18,600 sum required.

Coming the visit visa route he can only stay maximum of six months, yes their is a risk of him overstaying that's why he is highly unlikely to get a visit visa.

Edited by Basil B

awful situation to be in OP.... keep your chin up and try to keep a level head...

the UKBA will note any complaint lodged by you to them but coming from someone whose wife cleared off/vanished only weeks after her ILR was granted they are powerless really so don't waste any energy on that kind of pursuit is my advice....

your focus and energy should be channeled in you protecting yourself and assets which is going to be a struggle as you have a child with this wretched woman...

when I first posted my issue on here there were loads of experts and people making fun of my situation but the best advice I had was to go see a solicitor, they won't charge you anything for a chat and will put your mind at rest like they did mine... the money I paid out to divorce my now ex-wife was the best £1200 I have ever spent and she got nothing from me.

Best of luck

She is entitled to half or more of every thing you own, keep on her good side and sell everything before she gets it all, seen it happen to a Mate of Mine in the UK. Emigration can do Jack S%#t

Yep, this is the only way out, secret sale, hide the cash.

Reading the predicament the OP is in and the options available to him...

It seems all over the world the law is kind of lagging, isn't it?

Innocent or not, when something goes wrong you really are in the s***

• Like 1

As said many times, belg, she is a British citizen and has as much right to sponsor a visa applicant as any other British citizen.

Her boyfriend will have to satisfy the criteria for the visa applied for, as laid down in the immigration rules.

But nowhere in those rules does it say that permission from the sponsor's ex has to be obtained!

Even if they have yet to divorce.

Go to Thailand find him and have a serious hard fisted chat with him in the hardest language for him to understand or get a couple girls to seduce him take photos and present them to your wife. There are many ways to leave her with zero. Start that ball rolling way ahead of her. Sell out move.

Clearly you do not live in Thailand, or if u do u haven't dealt with Thai . The op needs a lawyer and a state of mind to expect the worst. Maybe there is no Thai bf. Anything is possible. OP cut your losses and get away. Sadly you have been done over but obtain legal advice and good luck

. But it is a crime to not declare assets that you've hidden to avoid divorce settlements. What you said is meaningless and at worst dangerous advice. Selling all assets and hiding the cash does not help the OP in the event of a divorce. For him to do so and not declare it put him at risk of criminal charges, even years later.

As I explained in a previous post,

Failing to make a declaration is not a crime.

Making an incorrect declaration is a crime (perjury, but in family court unlikely to be punished).

No risk at all, years later.

So what happens when her lawyer asks about missing cash and assets from house.You got reciepts for all that.Is UK divorce law so full of loopholes,i don't think so.Lying to Family Court is perjury and will be punished.

No reason to lie, no reason to appear or participate at all.

Family court is the one where you don't have to turn up if you don't feel like it.

You are under no compulsion to answer letters, speak to her, her solicitor, or the court.

Why would you care what questions her solicitor asks? If you aren't there, you won't hear them.

• Like 1