Police shift focus to foreign tourists in Koh Tao murdere probe

webfact

Like many clever people on TV first said, this case will never be solved. Look now. It will not be solved but the Thai olive will say that a "foreigner did it". And leave it with that. By the way, have they DNA tested the local policemen yet?

You mean the police at the station 50 yards from the scene,

Or the policeman standing next to mon in the crime scene photo who is his brother I hear..

Or the policeman in the photo next to Mon when they chased Sean?

It's a very fair question that needs to be answered...

Hopefully if the killers are never caught then the Junta will at least come in and get rid of all the illegal workers and the locals actually have to work to survive, and it will be avoided like the plague due to the reports on tripadvisor...

Damn social media, first they make it hard for the police and now they make it hard for the mafia..

Edited by ozzyrules
  • Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading and reading everything that has come out on this tragedy and have come to a possible conclusion, and I'm not trying to be CSI...it's just what I think. Two sets of DNA of Asian origin were found and now I hear about a condom, which makes my thoughts of who was involved more clear. I go back to when they stated that their were 3 individuals playing guitar on the beach that evening...I honestly now believe that it was 2 Asians (Thai's) and 1 Farang. The Farang used the condom and the Thai's didn't. I won't point fingers, but you can figure who the Farang is and his potential Thai counterparts. Smoking Ya ba and drinking from what I hear, can make you do things you would regret and I believe these 3 individuals were on drugs and drinking on the beach...playing their guitar when all this occurred.

In any case, that is what my intuition is telling me, but that's just me... I do hope for the sake of these two young souls family that the Military gets involved quickly and it would be a benefit to see outside help come in to clear up this mess.

There is no condom. Why would someone that rapes and bludgeons someone to death bother to put on a condom? If there was a condom nearby its not related to the murders. They were in the act when the murderer came along, they had already finished, it was already there lying around. Its not connected to the murder.

There is no condom. Why would someone that rapes and bludgeons someone to death bother to put on a condom? If there was a condom nearby its not related to the murders. They were in the act when the murderer came along, they had already finished, it was already there lying around. Its not connected to the murder.

There were signs of sexual activity but the police investigators have not ascertained whether Hannah was raped. There is still not conclusive evidence to confirm that she was raped.

What the Murder of Two British Tourists Tells Us About Thailand’s Dark Side

http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

...Beach cleaners discovered the Britons’ naked bodies 20 m apart by rocks on idyllic Sairee Beach on Sept. 15. A bloodstained garden hoe, commonly used by beachside bars to dig fire pits, was found nearby and has now been confirmed as the principal murder weapon, along with a wooden club.

The existence of two weapons has “made us believe that there are at least two attackers,” the deputy national police chief, Police General Somyot Pumpanmuang, told reporters Monday.

Witheridge died from severe head wounds while Miller died from blows to the head and drowning, according to the Thai forensics department. Although there were signs of sexual activity, investigators have not ascertained whether Witheridge was raped...

both Hannah and David were on holiday with several friends who presumably were with them at various stages in the evening

why have we not heard anything from them now that they are safely back in the UK

That's definitely confusing. I would expect from the Scotland Yard, MI5 or whatever organization to at least interview them. Sean in particular. A lie detector test if necessary.

both Hannah and David were on holiday with several friends who presumably were with them at various stages in the evening

why have we not heard anything from them now that they are safely back in the UK

I don't believe their friends would have Asian DNA, so what does it matter?

There are some pretty horrific photos I've just seen of Hannah. It kind of supports the story floating around that she was shot first and then the hoe used to cover the fact. One photo also shows David not on the shore, but adrift about 2-3 meters out. I'm at a loss trying to follow this story.

I don't believe their friends would have Asian DNA, so what does it matter?

Um to see if they provide additional or corroborating information, particularly regarding the altercation in the AC bar which none of the staff seem to remember..

That's definitely confusing. I would expect from the Scotland Yard, MI5 or whatever organization to at least interview them. Sean in particular. A lie detector test if necessary.

Yeah, who'd have thought they wouldn't have sold their souls to the Daily Mail by now. And MI5 would be an excellent choice for this clear case of espionage.

When the suspects were foreigners, their pictures were plastered all over the media. When the main suspect was a well-connected Thai, the police went out of their way to keep his face out of the media. I wonder if that was because they knew all along that he was going to be cleared of involvement in the murders?

I also wonder, if he was in Bangkok studying all this time, why he didn't turn himself in to the police and submit to having his DNA tested in order to clear himself - since he must have known that he was being sought? Is it possible that he hadn't even heard about the crime? Or is it more likely that he spent the week crafting alibis and waiting for deals to be done behind the scenes?

Just wondering.

Very good questions.

Don't forget about the statements made by his father.

"I can not contact my son on his phone" Do you know of ANY Thai student who doesn't have their phone with them at ALLLLL times? I've been up in no where Isaan and seen primary students snapping photos of each other on their smart phones.

"I don't know if my son had anything to do with it" REALLY??? If he was in Bangkok then you would know for a FACT he had nothing to do with it.

If it smells like it, looks like it, and acts like it. It's crap. This is a cover up. It makes me sick.

• Like 1

There are some pretty horrific photos I've just seen of Hannah. It kind of supports the story floating around that she was shot first and then the hoe used to cover the fact. One photo also shows David not on the shore, but adrift about 2-3 meters out. I'm at a loss trying to follow this story.

Yeh thats where his body was first found.

I'm waiting to see what Hannah's family have to say, I'm hoping they have the guts to highly embarrass the PM.

Very disappointed in Prayuth thus far…. he's all about anti corruption??

I don't think we can blame Prayuth for this, I'll bet he's making a list of changes to implement right now.

He hasn't held back in firing people so far, the guy in charge of immigration 'changed job' within days of the coup.

Perhaps change will take time to work it's way down the chain of command.

Sorry for starting to speculate too much: Sean in need of money, wanted to sell bike, was he late with payment? Has all this been a warning to Sean to show what could happen to him? Was Sean present and actually been covered in blood, but there to see what could happen. Did Sean's claim about AC Bar knowing something be true?

Sean, time for you to come clean if you are in fact still breathing. Sean have been hanging with some nasty people, and i am sure he know something. I don't think he did it, but i started to think that he might actually be the reason.

Did I wrongly get the impression there was a DNA match earlier for one suspect. ?

Surely the person who managed to be in Bangkok has been DNA tested to make sure he did not pop in and out of the idyllic beach resort during the night ?

Nono, can't have that...

He is well connected and had time to get an alibi, so all good, no DNA test for him, even though he was a prime suspect facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Actually I'm surprised and disappointed the military have allowed this farce to get to this stage. So much loss of face for you Prayuth.

Sorry for starting to speculate too much: Sean in need of money, wanted to sell bike, was he late with payment? Has all this been a warning to Sean to show what could happen to him? Was Sean present and actually been covered in blood, but there to see what could happen. Did Sean's claim about AC Bar knowing something be true?

Sean, time for you to come clean if you are in fact still breathing. Sean have been hanging with some nasty people, and i am sure he know something. I don't think he did it, but i started to think that he might actually be the reason.

His facebook page was disabled several days ago. Obviously a very worried man at the time. Would love to see his full unadulterated story hit the international press.

So we,ve come full circle have we? How many asian foriegn tourists were on the island at the time of the murders ? What do the BIB have as a motive for the murders? Rape does't fly as there was a young, strong and healthy male present. Have the BIB taken DNA from all speed boat operators in the region ? No. Ohh. Sorry, am I hindering the investigation?

The whole scenario is strange. Western Foreigners could be involved and have already left. Drug crazed jealousy or revenge? who really knows.

Don't fall for this looking at foreigners (AGAIN) ruse. So the kid is off because he was in Bangkok? Bought and paid for, this is the third world, there will be no justice here. Scum!

The most worrying thing about it, is that if he's been let off, its by people who have seen those pictures.

Just think about that.

• Like 1

So they got semen DNA from 2 Asian and now they will target foreign tourists? Something is very wrong here.

Is that because 'foreign tourist' just can't mean Asian in your mind?

As they tried to blame the victims British friends for the murder before I do think that they are talking about Farang (westerners) tourists and not Asian tourists in this case.

So they got semen DNA from 2 Asian and now they will target foreign tourists? Something is very wrong here.

Is that because 'foreign tourist' just can't mean Asian in your mind?

As they tried to blame the victims British friends for the murder before I do think that they are talking about Farang (westerners) tourists and not Asian tourists in this case.

He makes a good point though and it illuminates ones own conditioning and rash judgement.

Guilty as charged, Guv'nor.