Long-overdue Second Road repaving begins

Rimmer

Long-overdue Second Road repaving begins

n6surfaces.jpg

PATTAYA:--Having deteriorated to the point where it more resembles the surface of the moon than one of Pattaya’s main thoroughfares, Second Road finally is getting repaved.

Long-overdue resurfacing work began Sept. 15 at the south end of the street, with workers closing just a single lane to prevent downtown from going into total gridlock.

Work will be done in 300-meter-long chunks, with each lane dug up, leveled and resurfaced, hopefully with enough reinforcement that the frequent floods that led to the current dilapidation don’t force another repave anytime soon.

Pattaya officials optimistically estimated that contractors Norbrick Co. will have the entire length of Second Road complete by Oct. 4.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/long-overdue-second-road-repaving-begins-41443#sthash.1Tc6poDJ.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-09-26 footer_n.gif

In the OP it says this

Work will be done in 300-meter-long chunks, with each lane dug up, leveled and resurfaced

To me it seems that they already have the whole stretch dug up.

I walked yesterday from Central (Soi 9) to Big C (Soi 3) and that whole stretch was already dug up, so it seems they are trying to do the whole 2nd Road in 1 Go.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yet another major road repair during the rainy season. I saw this up in Bangkok many times and the mess was unbelievable. Is there a reason for not doing this work during the dry or hot seasons?

Yes. Sensibility cheesy.gif

• 4 weeks later...