Four men sought for vicious Phuket attack on Chinese tourist

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Police said that after watching security camera footage and examining two photos taken by one of the witnesses they will track down and arrest the four “in the hope of restoring the [island’s] tourism image."

That's all they know, or worry about, isn't it - face, image, white skin... They get stupider and stupider by the day.

What is it with these Thai thugs who are perpetually forgiven by the police with one excuse or another-like the rich moron parents who aways-but always- come up with the absurd statement- that their good sons would never do something like that,it is such a shame that Thailand seems to be slowly imploding by ignoring all these horrendous crimes..

Please let this story run and run in the Chinese press.

Fortunately he was wearing normal clothes I presume.

A few weeks ago the Russians got the wake up call when that beach thug abused that lady sunbathing.

Then the horrible deaths of the British couple and police monkey business

Last week the gang assault video surfaced kicking some tourists head in.

Today the Chinese get the treatment.

The Indian and Arabs are constant marks for the jet ski scam.

Throw in a dose of TukTuk/Taxi mafia with a sprinkle of military dictatorship and what do you get?

By by tourists.

Once again 'restoring the Thai tourist image' is of top priority, don't worry about the safety and wellbeing of visitors.

There really is not much " face " left to lose by now .

Thailands reputation changes from the " land of smiles " , ( after they hit you on the had with an iron bar , they probably smile... ) to a dangerous country ... !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonder how the Thai apologists will spin this one.

I'm waiting for the DNA results before commenting.............................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I was waiting for the train to arrive at the station.......train stopped and the railway station filled up with new arrivals and tuk tuk drivers.

One of the new arrivals asked me the way to the border with Laos.....on walking distance i replied.......and was nearly molested by a tuk tuk driver accusing me of robbing him from a 200 bath opportunity.

and all i did was merely being polite, something the local tuk tuk drivers never heard off.

TIT

you should have slapped the $hit out of him

• Like 1

Grow hair, and get a hairstyle. That will differentiate you from other people.

Ridiculous comment.

How would he know how the illegal tourist guide competitors in a foreign country might look so he can make sure to differentiate himself from em o.O

What's next? Don't have white skin, so you can differentiate yourself from farang.

Edited by Iumentum
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Iron bars? Should be attempted murder at the least, along with whatever other charges are appropriate.

Yeah let's see what actually happens in this case. I'm also thinking it will be a 500 baht fine each.

Do we ever get to know what the penalties are?

"Police said that after watching security camera footage and examining two photos taken by one of the witnesses they will track down and arrest the four “in the hope of restoring the [island’s] tourism image."

That's all they know, or worry about, isn't it - face, image, white skin... They get stupider and stupider by the day.

Do you know where most tourists come from? Nothing to do with your skin colour mate.

Iron bars? Should be attempted murder at the least, along with whatever other charges are appropriate.

Yeah let's see what actually happens in this case. I'm also thinking it will be a 500 baht fine each.

Probably cheaper now at a promotional rate of 200 Baht - to bring happiness to the people.

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

So, if you are in a bar drinking with a few friends and a friend of a friend gets drunk and causes trouble and starts a fight. You believe that you should be arrested and face any legal action as a result of this persons actions. ?

• Like 2

"The whole incident was caught on camera by a witness and police have been able to identify them as a group of Phuket tour guides who have previously attacked Chinese nationals"

At the end of the piece they raise concerns about the foreign language proficiency of Thai tour guides; the propensity to whack foreigners about the head with iron bars an after thought.

• Like 1

If this is true it is terrible.

Having said that the blood looks fake to me.

It is too bright red to be real.

Also if he was hit with iron bars on the head he would not be standing.

I call this a staged event until I see the xrays.

So you think it might be smoke screen, to divert peoples attention from "something else" ?

Must admit that the idea was brought to my mind too.

Edited by Iumentum

“Four men arrived on three motorcycles and ganged up on Mr Guo while he was sitting in the front yard."

Cowards. It's never one on one. wai2.gif wai.gif

"Police believe the four mistook their victim for an illegal tour guide and attacked him because of frustration at the illegal competition for work."

Oh, Ok then...

"...so that tourists can appreciate Thai culture and will want to return."

cheesy.gif cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Please be so kind to tell me what the gain would be, in an attack, to be doing this on a one to one basis

Surely you must understand being in a four to one position would be much healthier for the attacker?

In an attack like this nothing to do with cowardice, does it?

Back in Roman times if a soldier stepped out of line every 10th man in his unit would get whipped almost to death. Because of this a Roman soldier never turned his back on the enemy, doing so would be certain death from his own men. I know this is extreme but it has always been my belief that the only real solution to most of today's problems is by making the offending criminals immediate circle equally responsible for their actions. I believe in punishing parents for the actions of their offspring. I also believe that the tour operator these men worked for should get a 6 month closure ban. You piss the people off around them and the wrath will surely follow. I do not believe in state sponsored justice worldwide anymore, it does not work. I remember the whole class getting kept behind after school because of one disruptive pupil during a lesson. He never disrupted the class again after this and it was not the teachers who saw to that.

So, if you are in a bar drinking with a few friends and a friend of a friend gets drunk and causes trouble and starts a fight. You believe that you should be arrested and face any legal action as a result of this persons actions. ?

Quite clear you do not understand!

You should correct your friend of a friend, and not only you but the guests over there.

And if you don't bear the consequences.