First Class Insurance on a new Forza

orangeguy72

First class insurance on a motorcycle should include the same coverage that would come with first class insurance on a car -- coverage for damage/injury to third parties and third party property when driver of insured motorcycle's fault, damage/injury to driver/passenger of covered motorcycle, and fire and theft coverage on covered motorcycle. There will be limits to the coverages, and deductibles to coverage for damage to the covered motorcycle. The coverage for fire and theft is usually around 80% of the value of the bike.

I recall that Sumit said on this forum that it could provide 1st class on the Forza for about B7,000 for 1 year. I don't think you needed to buy the bike from them to purchase the insurance they offered. When I checked around (over a year ago), the premium for 1 year of 1st class insurance on the Forza was around B12,000. But I did not compare the terms of the various policies. Sumit's coverage may have lower limits and higher deductibles than others with higher premiums. Many Honda dealers offer 2 year 1st class insurance or 2 year theft insurance on a new PCX purchased from them at an attractive price, but I have never heard of such coverage offered by a Honda dealer on a new Forza. It certainly wasn't available from the dealer (except if they procured it from a broker as I could, and then only for 1 year) when I bought my Forza in 2013. I have 3rd class insurance with Viriyah on my Forza for less than B2,000 per year and 3 strong locks.

if no loan and installment plan, you can choose your insurance company.

also it is always handy and mostly cheaper to get it from the dealer while buying the bike.

it is always good to have one for peace of mind. also it pays for hospital and bond too.