Cheapest way to stay legally in Thailand

The goal would help out with what is the best to do. I mean if one wants to come to Thailand and bum around for a year or so it's different than someone who wants to stay around for 5 years or so or someone who wants to stay permanently. If you just want to stick around for a year or so, there are legal ways to do it that aren't really that expensive. But without knowing how long you want to stay, and what your life plans are I really don't know what to tell you.

The goal would help out with what is the best to do. I mean if one wants to come to Thailand and bum around for a year or so it's different than someone who wants to stay around for 5 years or so or someone who wants to stay permanently. If you just want to stick around for a year or so, there are legal ways to do it that aren't really that expensive. But without knowing how long you want to stay, and what your life plans are I really don't know what to tell you.

I'd probably stay for a year and decide from there.

OP: you can stay 9 months and 3 weeks with a triple entry tourist visa.

How can I manage that? Do I have to do visa run?

yes, leave the country two times and re-enter to activate the second and third entry.

OWH sounds interesting, seems like the most viable option for me, I'll look into it. Thanks!

Actually 9 months and one week only. The reason is that reason is that a visa validity of six months allows only one 7-days extension at the end of the 3rd entry. And for the cost of it is probably better to go get a new visa anyway.

Actually 9 months and one week only. The reason is that reason is that a visa validity of six months allows only one 7-days extension at the end of the 3rd entry. And for the cost of it is probably better to go get a new visa anyway.

ah thanks for the info, I was under the impression that each entry could be extended by 30 days and then again by 7 days

ah thanks for the info, I was under the impression that each entry could be extended by 30 days and then again by 7 days

It can, but if you do that on 1st and/or 2nd entry, visa will be expired at the time of doing 3rd entry.

Edited by paz