Koh Tao murder probe 85% complete: Panya

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This article is pathetic. Yesterday the police claim its media tips and social networking that is hindering their investigation. Now they say its helped them.
They claim to be looking for people during 2-4am yet the coroner said no time of death could be made since they froze the bodies prior to the autopsy.
And how in the heck can someone make a vow that no one would be killed? Especially since the killer/s are still roaming free?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The time of death is just a simple matter of deduction.

They were last seen alive at 2am. The bodies were found by the Beach Cleaners and reported to the police at 6:30am, but they may have been at the beach getting ready for work, and working already much sooner than that. Other witnesses walking or people sitting on their deck which overlooks the beach may have been up or walking by the beach by 4am as well but did not see or hear anything unusual.

So this would in fact put the deaths around 2am-4am, but for sure no later than 6:30am. In either case, and probably more importantly, before the first ferry or boat leaves the island for the main land. So the killer(s) were still their when the bodies were discovered.

What I find so strange about this case is that Hanna and David both left the bar at the same time in the wee hours of the morning, lets call it 1:30am, but not with each other. They both left with a separate group of friends.

So how is it that they both met up together later, but not much later, when they earlier left in there own separate ways?

It is not like they went home first to take a shower and to change their clothes, which I could understand, but they were both found dead with the same clothes they were wearing in the bar. Last picture of them taken in the bar proves that. And nobody I know, who is planning to meet a person of the opposite sex, for perhaps some moonlight romance, is going to put the same clothes on. For sure not both of them.

So since they both left with a separate group of friends, and they didn't go home, where did they go and how was it that David and Hanna met up later? This could be important as the last persons to see them together and alive is always important in a murder case.

• Like 1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it goes without saying that all of this is very, very tough for the families to take. However, I also hope that they appreciate that there are people in Thailand that also do care as well - and care deeply enough to keep the pressure on the authorities to bring the perps to justice ! It would not be easy for them to keep up any momentum on their own and from the UK - and whilst the speculation is upsetting for them, I think it is the lesser of the 2 x evils in this particular scenario. No doubt some of the evidence has been deliberately with held and other evidence poorly conveyed / translated - and this has caused some confusion - maybe deliberately so ?

I heard in one of the earliest reports that the male victim ( David ) also seemed to have been raped - but now that line has also gone quiet. If he is Gay - maybe the DNA that was found on him was not from the actual crime scene and maybe that is why that particular line has seemingly been dropped.

My own observation is that this was much more of a hate crime that a rape crime. The Photo's would support that. Without being too explicit, I am not aware that the police have said whether they found fresh semen ( DNA ) inside the female victim ? They have repeated asked for people to come forward that might have had a previous sexual liaison with the girl ( meaning in the preceding days ).....not sure if this is because they have some doubt as to how old the DNA is ?

The DNA that was found was proved to be from " 2 x different Asian Men." The Police have said on various occasions that there wasn't any evidence of rape before she was murdered ( was this a poor translation or just incompetence )? They did not say that sex was consensual, nor did they say that rape did not take place after her death. There are many things that they haven't said that has caused so much speculation. One thing is for sure, the photo's depict a wild and gruesome crime scene that many would find very strange if the motive was only rape. Was the condom used on the handle of the Hoe to violate the girl - there is only DNA on the outside ? Someone was obviously very upset or completely out of their mind on drugs. I have heard that Thai Men can become very upset if anyone wiggles their little finger at them in a sort of " mocking manner " to suggest that they are not as big downstairs as they appear to be upstairs ? Was something said earlier in the night in the bar that could have triggered such a rage ?

The guy in the photos and CCTV IMO is the same guy - maybe the " Tattoo " was just an Henna Tattoo and he simply removed it once he knew he was in the frame ? Why cant this CCTV Video be sent for digital enhancement ? If he was caught on CCTV before 4am, why was the crime not reported until 06.30am ? What happened in between this time ?

If any of the Western guys were involved then they should be implicated by their DNA - but none found - so far.

On the other hand, whilst it does sound like a brutal / mafia style execution - why would the bodies be left on the beach ? They have enough contacts and power to seemingly arrange what ever they want on that Island. If it was the mafia, why did they not arrange a speed boat to collect the bodies and shift them to an area that they would never be found / likely ever be found ? Allowing someone to find these bodies on the beach would surely be the last thing a mafia gang would want, particularly so close to their own business interests.

There are many questions that so far remain unanswered. I hope the British Media demand the opportunity to ask all of these questions at some stage, rather than just reporting what they are told !

Both David and Hannah had partners which you can find out through facebook. I'm thinking that they were starting to have sex (why David was naked apart from his left shoe), they got interrupted so the condom came off (why it only had Hannah's DNA on the outside) and also maybe why it didnt look like Hannah was raped since she was already 'aroused'.

• Like 1

what happened to the one man arrested with proof he did it, and the 2nd that fled to bkk?

They lost the proof in exchange for some envelopes... Now hunting for proof that someone else did it, instead of the guys they already could prove did it. So the guys who they had proof did it, did not do it, because the old proof has vanished and new proof is now needed. Makes sense?

If confused, then just PM me or watch tomorrows headlines for more confusion :-) I am off to have some needed drinks...

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

Have the police managed to narrow the suspect down from anyone within 100 miles of Koh Tao? No they have not. They have not achieved a single thing other than to say with some certainty the two farang did not commit suicide.

These really are the Keystone cops of the modern era

After loitering so long on this forum here's my 2 bob's worth.

"WhyTF don't they just shut up and get the job done!"

Or at the lease have one spokesman and one only with professional updates. IMHO it is totally ridiculous to say the investigation is 85% complete... OK OK for tunnels, buildings, roads but not murder investigations.

Most likely these clowns will find it is the chuckle bros. bah.gif

Unfortunately, the whole issue of investigation is a load of pathetic rubbish in the extreme plus the expert armchair detectives in TV should give it a break - just so much crap being sprouted all based on absolutely nothing.

It's a lowest IQ contest.

just in :

Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/key-witness-says-foreigner-kills-british-tourists/

And more confusion is added to the case. What a joke this is!

How convenient that they are not releasing the name of that key witness. Would he happen to be the son of an influential person on the island? Where else would the testimony of the murderer be allowed as evidence against someone else? I don't have a good feeling about where this investigation is going.

Unfortunately, the whole issue of investigation is a load of pathetic rubbish in the extreme plus the expert armchair detectives in TV should give it a break - just so much crap being sprouted all based on absolutely nothing.

It's a lowest IQ contest.

Some of the comments / assumptions wouldn't even raise 1 on the IQ scale for many of the poster's.

• Like 1

I myself will not go near that island, nor support a single business on that island until somebody is brought to trial.

That is my little protest in support of David and Hannah and their families. 1 person multiplied has a big voice.

+1

"Everybody who was in a 600-metre radius of the murder scene between 2am and 4am on September 15 is a suspect," And they know for a fact who was in that area? Then why not DNA test just them? The 85% investigation done is laughable, if murder wasn't involved. It's not like they are building a house, even a house of cards.... maybe there is a foruma: "We do x,y and z and then investigation is over. If we catch, okay. If not we just befuddle and confuse and excuse make until public outcry dies down. Want a cuppa? Just got some good tea."

I myself will not go near that island, nor support a single business on that island until somebody is brought to trial.

That is my little protest in support of David and Hannah and their families. 1 person multiplied has a big voice.

Might be a good move if all TV member told everyone on their email / Facebook / twitter / line etc. contact lists some facts re this story with the over-rider of boycotting the place until such times there is some meaningful result - even then have second thoughts about going near the place again.

• Like 1

... true dat, just out of the 'likes', +1

I've lived here for 11 years and each year I'm amazed at the unprofessionalism and ineptitude of the police and greater authorities here. How do you measure in percentage terms how complete an investigation is. It's pure poppycock.

And then there's this lulu: "The district chief also vowed that no murders would take place during high season in December, when visitors flock to Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Pha-ngan for Full Moon Parties and the New Year countdown, thanks to heightened security and the suppression of vice."

I hope this idiot doesn't have to eat his words. How can he make such a statement. Will he resign if a murder takes place? Doubtful because by then everyone will have forgotten what he said.

• Like 1

... true dat, just out of the 'likes', +1

"True dat" +1

I've lived here for 11 years and each year I'm amazed at the unprofessionalism and ineptitude of the police and greater authorities here. How do you measure in percentage terms how complete an investigation is. It's pure poppycock.

And then there's this lulu: "The district chief also vowed that no murders would take place during high season in December, when visitors flock to Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Pha-ngan for Full Moon Parties and the New Year countdown, thanks to heightened security and the suppression of vice."

I hope this idiot doesn't have to eat his words. How can he make such a statement. Will he resign if a murder takes place? Doubtful because by then everyone will have forgotten what he said.

Yes, it would be a sad case of irony if a murder did take place during that period, and also if the murders were committed by locals to either Koh Tao or the other islands then it greatly increases the chances of it happening again.

is this the same guy that said arrests would be made before friday?

If the couple had an altercation in the bar with lowlife (does not denote economic status) local male , then this male or males are main suspects. If this event did happen, as has been reported, then this investigation should be 100% complete with DNA evidence.

The couple's friends they were with that night (according to another report) say no altercation took place.

What report please? That would be massively important if so! Anybody? I've seen nothing anywhere that reveals any kind of information or statement from any of their friends and companions that night.

A total waste of time. There is very little chance now of finding the culprits. Any murderer with half a brain would have long since departed the scene of the crime and left the Island. Koh Tao is a very small Island where every one knows what is going on and you can guarantee some one knows who the killers are. A very large reward ( Millions of Baht ) and a resettlement package for the informant for information is the best chance of getting a suspect now.

Imagine the look on the police's faces when they realised that the murderer wasn't a penniless migrant worker, but a multi millionaire 'headman's' son. The realisation that they've hit the jackpot. I wonder how much this one cost to cover up, 10 million dollars?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The killers will be found soon and put into custody. We are 10% away from being 100% done with the investigation. If all society works together we will definitely solve this crime. We are 90% done by solving this crime, thankfully. There are as of today no suspects and most evidence has been corrupted. We have taken the proper steps to ensure that a killer will be arrested by the end of the month we believe. We can now be peaceful with this revelation. Remain vigiliant. The public is the only hope for solving this crime which is solved soon.

I just realized that the RTP are the guiys who write American fortune cookies.

"The public is the only hope for solving this crime which is solved soon."

YES...because the police alone gives no hope! As an American saying goes, "Close only counts in horseshoes and grenades." - Frank Robinson.

From what I understand that was written in Thai, David (victim), his Mum will not pursue the case. She doesn't want to prolong the hurt she and her family have to deal with. She said that she knows David went to Thailand with his gay friend (indicating that David was gay). She doesn't want to rehash what has happened.

There has been a great deal of gossip and rumour put about in Thai media which has subsequently been shown to be nonsense. The claims that David or his friend Chris were gay were some such rubbish that came from the Island initially after the crime when the locals arrested and accused Chris. David had a girlfriend back home. How on earth too would Thai media have obtained an interview with Davids mother? His family have stayed totally away from media releases of any kind.