Koh Tao murder probe 85% complete: Panya

Lite Beer

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing concerns me about this case.

How come the Scottish guy Sean and the other friends of the deceased, who have already left the island, either not come out and made public announcements about what happened with the alleged confrontations in the bar. Why have none of the investigative journalists who were originally involved on the island, not sought these people out to get their side of the story?

Its as though they have been warned off by the British Embassy not to stick the fly in the ointment11

Surely somebody who was with the deceased before their untimely deaths, would have valuable info?

Why no newspaper interviews? Why has it all gone quiet from these journalists who were there and for sure know what the majority of people on this board suspect to be true.

Yet day after day more ridiculous and sublime statements are coming from the Police which are completely unchallenged.

Completely agree. These friends have left Thailand but have been quiet in the media.

The Jersey Evening Post are supposedly running the full story on Tuesday regarding David Miller's friends being chased through Bangkok by thugs. Will be interesting to see what that was all about.

CCTV was released on the press showing an Asian guy running past the camera wearing the dead male's shorts.

Did anything come of this?

He wore those clothes to run to papa and then run to BKK where he lied and said he was at school.

Except fishing for "likes", what is the point of a post like that??

According to yourself, you clearly know who the culprit is, so please enlighten us still left in the dark!

Problem with a thread like this one, and many others on the same topic, is that most posters are either too thick or too lazy the read through the whole thread. So they read one or two new posts before they join the lynch-mob. Repeating the same comments over and over again!

• Like 2

I'm glad I am in Bali. instead of going to Thailand. Who knows. I could have been a suspect.

I feel for the family.

Why doesn't every body avoid Thailand for a year.....Go somewhere else and spend yourmoney.

Or are people too ignorant?

too ignorant. we live here

• Like 1

CCTV was released on the press showing an Asian guy running past the camera wearing the dead male's shorts.

He wore those clothes to run to papa and then run to BKK where he lied and said he was at school.

According to yourself, you clearly know who the culprit is, so please enlighten us still left in the dark!

Problem with a thread like this one, and many others on the same topic, is that most posters are either too thick or too lazy the read through the whole thread. So they read one or two new posts before they join the lynch-mob. Repeating the same comments over and over again!

Am I wrong, if so I am sorry, but are you not one of the posters here that said you would NOT give a DNA sample if asked...?

My apologies if I am wrong, if I am right, I think you do not belong on this thread...sad.png

• Like 1

I'm glad I am in Bali. instead of going to Thailand. Who knows. I could have been a suspect.

I feel for the family.

Why doesn't every body avoid Thailand for a year.....Go somewhere else and spend yourmoney.

too ignorant. we live here

The police and government in Bali/Indonesia are the most honest you'll find anywhere on Earth. There is also no violent crime in Bali. I'm packing my bags and boarding the next available flight out of Swampy to Denpasar.

Not!

• Like 2

I feel for the family.

Have you considered some of the ignorant people, might actually live and work in Thailand? And have done so for many years. To us, however sad, this is just a media-event. Doesn't affect our lives in any way.

That the Thai police is corrupt and incompetent (?) is not exactly breaking news!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Police yet to examine 20pc of evidence in Koh Tao murders

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1411725516_1-org.jpg

Sairee beach, Koh Tao, where the brutal murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller took place on September 15. Photo David Sim

KOH TAO: -- The police general leading the investigation into the murders of two British tourists on Koh Tao explained yesterday (September 25) that they are about 80 per cent through the evidence collected.

Pol Lt Gen Panya Mamen, Commissioner of Provincial Police Region 8, told reporters, “From the evidence we have, we believe that the suspects work or live close to where the murder took place. We do not have a warrant to arrest anyone yet, but the evidence we have points to someone who was in the area between 2am and 5am that morning."

Gen Panya echoed comments made by Deputy national police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang, slamming social media for spreading false rumours.

He explained that he wanted to update reporters on the situation and set things straight, since there have been various stories published online, confusing people. “From now on, I will be the only person giving out information on the case.

“There are many theories circulating in social media. We cannot stop this from happening, but if all this chatter affects the families, then the people posting on social media could be sued by the families of the victims.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-yet-to-examine-20pc-of-evidence-in-koh-tao-murders-48905.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-09-27

See that tree , it has all the answers , maybe they should think about interviewing it !

Someone should organize a protest in Bangkok (if no one is charged), have all the tourists & expats turn up demanding justice for the families of the 2 victims. And an independent investigation. That should make the chief a little worried. I'm not organizing it though, I don't want to get deported.

I believe that would be an illegal gathering of more than 5 people and they would all be arrested

the way to continue the pressure is the online media and the twitter feeds of the reporters

• Like 1

Police yet to examine 20pc of evidence in Koh Tao murders

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1411725516_1-org.jpg

Sairee beach, Koh Tao, where the brutal murders of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller took place on September 15. Photo David Sim

KOH TAO: -- The police general leading the investigation into the murders of two British tourists on Koh Tao explained yesterday (September 25) that they are about 80 per cent through the evidence collected.

Pol Lt Gen Panya Mamen, Commissioner of Provincial Police Region 8, told reporters, “From the evidence we have, we believe that the suspects work or live close to where the murder took place. We do not have a warrant to arrest anyone yet, but the evidence we have points to someone who was in the area between 2am and 5am that morning."

Gen Panya echoed comments made by Deputy national police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang, slamming social media for spreading false rumours.

He explained that he wanted to update reporters on the situation and set things straight, since there have been various stories published online, confusing people. “From now on, I will be the only person giving out information on the case.

“There are many theories circulating in social media. We cannot stop this from happening, but if all this chatter affects the families, then the people posting on social media could be sued by the families of the victims.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-yet-to-examine-20pc-of-evidence-in-koh-tao-murders-48905.php

tpn.jpg

-- Phuket News 2014-09-27

See that tree , it has all the answers , maybe they should think about interviewing it !

They have, by Special Branch............whistling.gif

• Like 2

Cases like this (random sex related crime with no motive) are always difficult to solve no matter what country they occur in. Many of the comments on this case are unjustified. The Thai police are clearly putting massive resources into solving it, and the PM himself has ordered action to improve security on the island and others in the area. If the perpertrators came ashore by boat will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. At present the police and the government appear to be doing all they can.

I'm not sure if you've been following this case. Or if you understand the corrupt culture we are dealing with..

"Or if you understand the corrupt culture we are dealing with.."

You're involved in this investigation?

Edited by Triplebank999

The local BIB understand quite well that it's human nature for folks to want to move on. It's even 'easier' when the family and friends of the deceased are on the other side of the world. The folks who did this probably have been paying their dues and well, this is what those kind of dues are for: situations like this. Plan B is that you catch the guys and know full well that because people want to move on, no one is going to be visiting the guilty parties to do audits on the punishment they are receiving (or not receiving).

• Like 2

1. "The police investigation into the murder of two British backpackers on Koh Tao, off the coast of Surat Thani, is 85 per cent complete, a police commander said yesterday"

2. "The district chief also vowed that no murders would take place during high season in December, when visitors flock to Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Pha-ngan for Full Moon Parties and the New Year countdown, thanks to heightened security and the suppression of vice"

I am asking for help here, or rather understanding. Could someone please explain to me, preferably in layman terms, why people in authority in this country are determined to put themselves in positions of no-return by making ridiculous statements like the examples above?

1. Without knowing the final result, and without the inclusion of any more twists, how can anyone predict a percentage on a problem?

2. I have no words to describe this. Even with everyone having personal protection, sh!t happens.

Granted, I have only been living in this country for the last 17 years, and self-admittedly am still coming to terms in certain areas of what is normal here, I would appreciate muchly if someone could explain these thought processes.

Thanks in Advance..............................blink.png

After reading various news articles and comments I have come to reconize that many of the foreigners here on TV that make comments are doing so without seeing another side of the news reports and comments that are written in Thai. I'm not really sure why that is but the Thai folks seem to know about things days before the foreigner. Example: I have read many times about the CCTV picture that captured the Thai running and only wearing shorts. One story I read said that this Thai man was wearing David's (the victim's) shorts. And that this Thai person must have mistakenly put on the victim's shorts and left his shorts there on the beach. Then written in Thai, the news said that this Thai guy's name in Mon, and the reason that he is running is because since the murders occurred around his area he was made aware of it by the police. He apparently quickly hurried to put only his shorts on and ran to the crime scene to see what happened.

Another example: Sean, the guy that quickly attempted to get off the island and fly back to his country because he felt threatened.

His story seemed very solid, even taking photos. Most foreigners that read about Sean believed him and then began focusing on the two Thai guys (Mon and the other guy which is a policeman).

Written and reported in Thai provided so much more and different information about Sean. The story about the two Thai men were much different than what Sean had portrayed. The Thai news suggests that they have witnesses that not only saw Sean with Blood all over him the night of the murder but they actually helps him clean-up himself. When questioned by locals that helped Sean, he said that he had been in a motorbike accident. Another story suggested that he told someone that he was in a fight with someone.

There has been a lot of focus on Sean. Based on what has been reported in Thai, there are many suggesting that Sean was involved in this gruesome murder.

There is much more that was written in Thai. My only point is that if many of the TV members were aware of many of the stories that have been written in Thai, I think that many of the comments, opinions and anger would be directly somewhat differently.

The only thing that I can suggest is that most should try to refrain from making comments where they are so sure of what took place. There has been so much about the headsman and these Thai guys. So many have gone way out there on a limb stating that they are so corrupt and that they are the guilty ones.

I think very soon within the next couple days or so, more information that was written in Thai will start to be filtered in a way that will be better written and understood by the TV community.

For those that believe that the two or three Thai guys working at AC's bar/club carried out the murder, and are totally guilty, and that it will all be covered up by the authorities, will have a hard pill to swallow when later they catch-up on the news that most all Thai's know about days in advance. Just understand that when you hear what evidence they have, know that it was already reported in Thai before you becomes aware of it.

Also don't be surprised if the focus of attention turns to Sean. There is still much to be said because many fingers point to him.

You speak Thai? and, you read Thai?

tell us then

why did they report in English that Mon was running away FROM the crime scene in the shorts of the dead tourist then???

and, why was Mon, if that is who it is, walking back and forth, pacing the crime scene area?

was it perhaps because the rape and murder was taking place, and he was making sure no one could hear the screams?

• Like 1

I want to believe that this investigation is almost over and the families of the victims can get some justice.......but....Thais have very poor math skills and I wonder if they realize 15% of 100% means they are very near to closure? Once again pandering to the press and then blaming the press for hindering their investigation. It will be complete when it is complete.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset to default forum font.

Am I wrong, if so I am sorry, but are you not one of the posters here that said you would NOT give a DNA sample if asked...?

My apologies if I am wrong, if I am right, I think you do not belong on this thread...sad.png

Since when is it up to you to decide which threads I can post on? Are you a honorary moderator?

BTW, I never posted anything about not wanting to give DNA.

This just proves the points, I made in the post you quoted!!whistling.gif