Koh Tao murder probe 85% complete: Panya

Lite Beer

85% complete which is 'unclassified' and 15% that is 'classified'.

So that means the investigation is now 100% complete at the above ratio.

So who was it?.... The Chuckle Brothers?????

Yes, it does sound like it and that "when overall progress can be revealed, arrests can be made".

However, "Everybody who was in a 600-metre radius of the murder scene between 2am and 4am on September 15 is a suspect" that statement just makes it confusing then, unless everyone 600 meters from the murder has somewhat been involved, not saying they have been a part of the actual killing, but at least as witness to something related.

I can see how a building project can be 85% complete,...but a murder? When is a murder case 85% compete,...except in hindsight after it is complete?

• Like 1

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

85% complete which is 'unclassified' and 15% that is 'classified'.

So that means the investigation is now 100% complete at the above ratio.

So who was it?.... The Chuckle Brothers?????

Yes, it does sound like it and that "when overall progress can be revealed, arrests can be made".

However, "Everybody who was in a 600-metre radius of the murder scene between 2am and 4am on September 15 is a suspect" that statement just makes it confusing then, unless everyone 600 meters from the murder has somewhat been involved, not saying they have been a part of the actual killing, but at least as witness to something related.

I can see how a building project can be 85% complete,...but a murder? When is a murder case 85% compete,...except in hindsight after it is complete?

They can only give a percentage if they know the end result.sad.png

ok, this makes sense. they have had a lot of leads, many of them unexpected. they tried to get lucky at first, following their hunches and promising leads, and those failed. now it's time to back off, organize and put all the evidence together, and systematically see exactly what they've got. 15% of the evidence has not been analyzed.

it's how I typically approach difficult problems, and I doubt many other organizations would have approached that differently. furthermore, the Thai have usually had good luck with this approach.

while it is undoubtedly true that CSI murder investigations are not the strong suit of the Thai police, true that many if not most cops supplement their (meager) income with other "services", and true that big families are inordinately powerful in Thailand, as soon as DNA entered the picture scapegoating and cons went out of the picture - it become a black and white world.

except for the perpetrator (and his friends), everyone in Thailand wants the murder solved.

This article is pathetic. Yesterday the police claim its media tips and social networking that is hindering their investigation. Now they say its helped them.

They claim to be looking for people during 2-4am yet the coroner said no time of death could be made since they froze the bodies prior to the autopsy.

And how in the heck can someone make a vow that no one would be killed? Especially since the killer/s are still roaming free?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

face saving for the high season thats all it is !!!!!!

i just dont know where this shop is where you can get a allegedly "resposable" job and then come out saying stupid quoates like "there will be no one killed, aha i got it !its a Thai guarantee worth----------- sweet F A

One thing concerns me about this case.

How come the Scottish guy Sean and the other friends of the deceased, who have already left the island, either not come out and made public announcements about what happened with the alleged confrontations in the bar. Why have none of the investigative journalists who were originally involved on the island, not sought these people out to get their side of the story?

Its as though they have been warned off by the British Embassy not to stick the fly in the ointment11

Surely somebody who was with the deceased before their untimely deaths, would have valuable info?

Why no newspaper interviews? Why has it all gone quiet from these journalists who were there and for sure know what the majority of people on this board suspect to be true.

Yet day after day more ridiculous and sublime statements are coming from the Police which are completely unchallenged.

• Like 2

Someone should organize a protest in Bangkok (if no one is charged), have all the tourists & expats turn up demanding justice for the families of the 2 victims. And an independent investigation. That should make the chief a little worried. I'm not organizing it though, I don't want to get deported.

ok, this makes sense. they have had a lot of leads, many of them unexpected. they tried to get lucky at first, following their hunches and promising leads, and those failed. now it's time to back off, organize and put all the evidence together, and systematically see exactly what they've got. 15% of the evidence has not been analyzed.

it's how I typically approach difficult problems, and I doubt many other organizations would have approached that differently. furthermore, the Thai have usually had good luck with this approach.

while it is undoubtedly true that CSI murder investigations are not the strong suit of the Thai police, true that many if not most cops supplement their (meager) income with other "services", and true that big families are inordinately powerful in Thailand, as soon as DNA entered the picture scapegoating and cons went out of the picture - it become a black and white world.

except for the perpetrator (and his friends), everyone in Thailand wants the murder solved.

I completely agree on this and also find it very strange why there has been no follow ups on the stories from the foreigners close to the victims. Why have they not come forward or been interviewed after they returned home? It sounds very very strange.

I have been here a long time and this case has got more attention than any I have seen in the past, and there has been toooooo many. I do not think this one is going away anytime soon unless they find the murders and those who raped this couple.

If Thailand wants to get back to business they need to solve this care ASAP.

• Like 1

I completely agree on this and also find it very strange why there has been no follow ups on the stories from the foreigners close to the victims. Why have they not come forward or been interviewed after they returned home? It sounds very very strange.

I think it would be better they wait. The police have no doubt (hopefully) already interviewed them. No point giving the killers more info now. If the police get it wrong then that would be the time for them to come out and try and stir things up again in the media.

Edited by slygeeza

I wake up every day hoping to see some truth or sincerity in these reports. I think the sad reality has set in that this is Thailand and anyone with money can get away with anything. Just looks like the money has been passed to the upper levels instead of to the victims families.

Warn as many people as you can that this is the reality here and to stay away!

• Like 2