Koh Tao murder probe 85% complete: Panya

Lite Beer

This article is pathetic. Yesterday the police claim its media tips and social networking that is hindering their investigation. Now they say its helped them.

They claim to be looking for people during 2-4am yet the coroner said no time of death could be made since they froze the bodies prior to the autopsy.

And how in the heck can someone make a vow that no one would be killed? Especially since the killer/s are still roaming free?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes. No. Maybe. You should ask again. Do not ask again. No. Definitely Maybe. Yes. How dare you! No. Yes. Ok. Maybe. Definitely not maybe, definitely maybe.

"Never! Never? No never! What never? Almost never."

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A poster whose wife comes from the Island ,says all the Island people know who did it .It follows that the Police must know. Whats stopping them ,making an arrest ?

Well that's pretty obvious, is it not?

MONEY

...and concerns (by locals who are too afraid to speak up) about getting their heads bashed in or house burned down.

Whats stopping them ,making an arrest?

Answer: they don't want to implicate anyone from a powerful island family, and/or they want to give the bad guys enough time to get lost. Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

This case, being so brutal and horrific, has highlighted more than any other of recent times, the negligence, immaturity and (possibly) corruption that exists in the Thai Police Force. Add to that a complete inability to properly manage the PR / media around cases, where too much is said, by too many, with too much conflicting evidence, views and progress, that it becomes an embarrassing recipe for disaster.

"We do not have a warrant to arrest anyone yet, but the evidence we have points to someone who was in the area between 2am and 5am that morning."

NO SH1T SHERLOCK ................ Talk about stating the bleedin obvious

They have narrowed it down from midnight to 8 am. Surely deserves some credit!

So now it is all clear. We have 85% confusion compounded by tourists and foreigners. We are now 100% sure it is not a crime committed by Thais, Burmese or farang. We are 100% sure that the Thai man who refused to give DNA samples was not the criminal, and we have DNA evidence now to prove he never even lived there until yesterday. And we have 15% classified information to prove the other 85%. But, it involves lese majeste, so that 15% of classified information can never be revealed, and that evidence can never get bail.

Partly cloudy, partly sunny...who can say?

• Like 2

I assume the 600m rule includes Thai people and, gawd forbid, the police?!

They are doing everything they can to not get this solved, to ultimately string it out so people forget and tourism can return to normal for all that juicy revenue to keep rolling in, but all the while making themselves look a complete and utter bunch of ******* imbeciles.

Cases like this (random sex related crime with no motive) are always difficult to solve no matter what country they occur in. Many of the comments on this case are unjustified. The Thai police are clearly putting massive resources into solving it, and the PM himself has ordered action to improve security on the island and others in the area. If the perpertrators came ashore by boat will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. At present the police and the government appear to be doing all they can.

Put your head back in the sand, son.

This is turning into a ******g circus.

mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

This is?? This has been a circus from day one. This is the first time where i start to be hopeful that they are actually on to something. However, i am still suspicious.......

When the selfappointed Mr know-it-all "threadmaster" is hopeful, then the rest of us can relax!!coffee1.gif

If i would appear to know it all, then why would i be suspicious? You have an idea what the meaning of suspicious is?

At least i am here to debate the case, not here just to be bickering and find someone to make personal attacks on to make myself feel better..... unlike you!

Edited by Iumentum

I've got a bit lost in all the misreporting . . . Did the "influential family" ever actually give DNA samples? Or was the fact that they "said" the son was in Bangkok (allegedly) at the time reason enough NOT to bother with it?

Yeahhh, and how about these other islanders who were excluded from the overall DNA sampling, this is rotten to the core and is going to backfire.

Thailand you are with your pants down and the world is watching.

The world is watching?, tourists have short memories, in two weeks it will be,''Pack your swimsuits kids we're off to Koh Tao''

Oh is that so? The British girl Madeleine McCann on holiday in Portugal that got missing already so many years ago is still making headlines once and a while.

Now maybe these horrendous rape/killings might not be all that damaging by itself but it will be a serious add on to long list of reasons and irregularities that paints the smudged image and reputation of Thailand.

Sure there are always people who don't care or are not aware and come anyway, can't argue with that.

This article is pathetic. Yesterday the police claim its media tips and social networking that is hindering their investigation. Now they say its helped them.

They claim to be looking for people during 2-4am yet the coroner said no time of death could be made since they froze the bodies prior to the autopsy.

And how in the heck can someone make a vow that no one would be killed? Especially since the killer/s are still roaming free?

You are asking too many questions my friend... too many questions :-)

Cases like this (random sex related crime with no motive) are always difficult to solve no matter what country they occur in. Many of the comments on this case are unjustified. The Thai police are clearly putting massive resources into solving it, and the PM himself has ordered action to improve security on the island and others in the area. If the perpertrators came ashore by boat will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. At present the police and the government appear to be doing all they can.

Had they done more when they should have it might now be more like looking for a needle in a pin cushion instead of an haystack

jb1

Everyone is safe in December it has been decreed that no murders will take place that month ! Can I ask what is to happen during the other eleven months , is that a free for all !! Now I know why all the adverts say " Amazing Thailand " !!

Sounds like instead or one night a year, as in the movie the purge it's 11 months a year free for all.

December - no problem.

So now it is all clear. We have 85% confusion compounded by tourists and foreigners. We are now 100% sure it is not a crime committed by Thais, Burmese or farang. We are 100% sure that the Thai man who refused to give DNA samples was not the criminal, and we have DNA evidence now to prove he never even lived there until yesterday. And we have 15% classified information to prove the other 85%. But, it involves lese majeste, so that 15% of classified information can never be revealed, and that evidence can never get bail.

Partly cloudy, partly sunny...who can say?

Excellent. sums it all up. Great post.

• Like 2

Everybody who was in a 600-metre radius of the murder scene between 2am and 4am on September 15 is a suspect, said Pol Lt-General Panya Mamen, chief of the Police Region 8 command. The resort island comes under his jurisdiction.

Gotta be kidding. 600 meters.

Put your head back in the sand, son.

Exactly. Talk about suffering from massive delusion. Is he a PR man for the police? What do you think his retainer was?

• Like 2

Police blame social media, yet they post photos on facebook showing the entire crime scene? So how can they question a suspect knowing thousands know exactly how the crime scene looked? Those police need to be fired. I don't put that down to police having a 'cunning plan' to derail the investigation. It's just plain stupidity.

Don't worry, you can be sure the will instruct the "killers" in how they did the crime.

Can't wait to see what percentage we are at tomorrow.

Until now has been 100%, then down to 50% and now up to 85%... The saga continues... Could we be back at 100% tomorrow, with still no arrests?

Edited by khunpa

How does he know it's 85 percent complete and not 84 or 86? Did he just pick a number out of the air? These guys are unbelievable.

It's a lucky number

oh come on lads it is all to do with the pay off just 15% of the money to be paid.

I've got a bit lost in all the misreporting . . . Did the "influential family" ever actually give DNA samples? Or was the fact that they "said" the son was in Bangkok (allegedly) at the time reason enough NOT to bother with it?

Yeahhh, and how about these other islanders who were excluded from the overall DNA sampling, this is rotten to the core and is going to backfire.

Thailand you are with your pants down and the world is watching.

The world is watching?, tourists have short memories, in two weeks it will be,''Pack your swimsuits kids we're off to Koh Tao''

Oh is that so? The British girl Madeleine McCann on holiday in Portugal that got missing already so many years ago is still making headlines once and a while.

Now maybe these horrendous rape/killings might not be all that damaging by itself but it will be a serious add on to long list of reasons and irregularities that paints the smudged image and reputation of Thailand.

Sure there are always people who don't care or are not aware and come anyway, can't argue with that.

Im pretty sure the reason the McCann case has got so much media coverage is because the McCanns themselves were paying media organisations for coverage.