Chumpon

~G~

I need to be in Chumpon during the Weekend, will appreciate some travelling information:

- Is there a flight that goes there from Bangkok? (I know there is an airport, but I asked in Nok Air, Bangkok Air, Air Asia and Thai and non of those fly there)

- If no flight; which bus station should I use?

- How long should the journey take?

thanks in advance.

I need to be in Chumpon during the Weekend, will appreciate some travelling information:

- Is there a flight that goes there from Bangkok? (I know there is an airport, but I asked in Nok Air, Bangkok Air, Air Asia and Thai and non of those fly there)

thanks in advance.

Or you could "Chumpon" a train...... :o

OK, I found out. In case someone needs the info:

Trains from Hualamphong starting from 8:05 to 22:50 (continuing to Surat Thani and further south).

Trains from Chumphon to Bangkok starting from 19:24 to 12:46 in the next day.

Takes about 6-7 hours by train

www.railway.co.th

Edited by ~G~

thanks in advance.

Or you could "Chumpon" a train...... :D

:o:D

Take the train.I always do.First afternoon train is 13:00.Next 14:45 and many more after until the last train at 22:50.Book as far in advance as you can.The trains can get REALLY busy at the weekend.There are no flights at all.

Edited by baboon

Well too late here, I live in Chumpon and prefer to take Chok Annan bus leaving Sai Tai mai 3 x day. Their chumpon office is opposite the entrance of the main market, in a parking lot next to that motorbike shop Susuki I think.

They have a direct connection with a free meal stop underway before Prachuap Kiri Khan. (Not picking people up along the high way)

The 8 am diesel rail car is very nice also, a tad slow though.

Well too late here, I live in Chumpon and prefer to take Chok Annan bus leaving Sai Tai mai 3 x day. Their chumpon office is opposite the entrance of the main market, in a parking lot next to that motorbike shop Susuki I think.

They have a direct connection with a free meal stop underway before Prachuap Kiri Khan. (Not picking people up along the high way)

The 8 am diesel rail car is very nice also, a tad slow though.

Blimey,another TV fan in Chumphon.That ll be all of 2 of us seemingly.

there is actually an airport in chumpon. i once landed there on a private charter. but i don't think any commercial flights are in operation now, which is a dissappointment. chumpon has some georgous and totally virgin beaches.