Aussie stabbed with broken bottle on Phuket street

Lite Beer

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patong is still full of criminals, small gangs of youths out late at night, drugged up, looking for trouble..pick pockets , thieves... especially around the bangla road area, .. I´ve noticed many small gangs roaming around at night trying to antagonise farangs,.. the cops wont do anything about it cos theres no money in it for them...the army have only partly shaken up some people, these idiots couldnt care less for the law, and they dont think twice about using a weapon, and if you die? they dont care.. nothing serious will be done about the lawlessness until people stop coming here.. only money talks, when it dries up , maybe they´ll start to think why...

• Like 1

The shootings, stabbings, beatings, bouldering with bats, bricks, rapes, balcony jumpers (pushers) hit and run by cars, and now broken bottles, keeps getting worse and worse, in the "Land of Smiles". Most of these crimes are alcohol related for sure, lets say 98.5 % of them.

If I didn't know better, Id swear I was back in the good old USA

Well, I left the US because no matter what city I was in all I could hear was sirens all e'fin night long.............LOS has its fair share, but nothing like the average US City............I'll stay in good old SE Asia Thank You Much Okay but don't get me started on the Gansta Hip Hop Rap crap coming out of all the cars at about 900db all night long - its no wonder there are so many shootings, stabbings, assaults etc etc etccoffee1.gif -

• Like 1

The shootings, stabbings, beatings, bouldering with bats, bricks, rapes, balcony jumpers (pushers) hit and run by cars, and now broken bottles, keeps getting worse and worse, in the "Land of Smiles". Most of these crimes are alcohol related for sure, lets say 98.5 % of them.

If I didn't know better, Id swear I was back in the good old USA

Well, I left the US because no matter what city I was in all I could hear was sirens all e'fin night long.............LOS has its fair share, but nothing like the average US City............I'll stay in good old SE Asia Thank You Much Okay but don't get me started on the Gansta Hip Hop Rap crap coming out of all the cars at about 900db all night long - its no wonder there are so many shootings, stabbings, assaults etc etc etccoffee1.gif -

Sirens are a measure of police doing their job--many accuse Thailand Police of not doing their job so the lack of sirens in LOS is not a good indicator of the amount of crime.

BTW, alot of those sirens you heard in the US would have been Paramedics because they are required to have sirens and lights displayed when responding to an emergency. Typically, police keep sirens off and just hit the "airhorn" or "yelp" when necessary.

Cheers

Only Three on one, looks Thai standards are slipping. However they did manage to find the obligatory weapon. Well done the under staffed Thai team. thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

the maths involved in plotting a position with the aid of a sextant can, I'm told, be quite testing. The maths involved in ratios is much simpler. 1 adult:3children = 3:1. 2adults to 3 children=3:2 and children at that!

Perhaps your maths is better at navigation.

Has Thailand always been this bad, or is it Me taking more notice of it now, or is it more the case of it being much more documented these days ?

Definitely not, rarely even a hint of this trouble in the 70's, 80's or 90's. Seems to be in the last decade or so, although it has probably increased over time; a bit like the population of resident farangs, who have had a changing effect on the locals. Immigration tends to do that in most places; sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

Hardly a good topic for the Thai bashers is it?

A mix of drunk and possibly stoned people fighting and getting injured, wow!

from what I here sounds like your average Friday/Saturday night in any English city!

Of course it is so commonplace there it hardly ever gets reported, apart from locally.

The reason this does is simply it doesn't happen all the time!

Been coming here for many many years and lived here quite a while, never even seen it, and I sometimes live close to Pattaya which is apparently the hell hole of the world!

They may have all been drunk but you don't read of farang stabbing others with broken beer bottles because that is an act intended to kill.

But it is reported that Thais use such weapons with some frequency. Broken bottles, iron bars.

Unfortunately not true, at least in Oz, UK & USA do a search...

They may have all been drunk but you don't read of farang stabbing others with broken beer bottles because that is an act intended to kill.

But it is reported that Thais use such weapons with some frequency. Broken bottles, iron bars.

I can't speak for Oz and the UK but in the US, being stabbed with a broken bottle is not a typical nightcap to a night of drinking except in old Westerns on television.

Particularly out on a public sidewalk or pedestrian walkway.

Quality Australian tourists.

That would be an oxymoron for some of the young ones, unfortunately. But some are like that in their own country!

I am sorry for this guys parents who have to put up with his s**t. Hope he recovers and along with his mates, learns a lesson.

I can't speak for Oz and the UK but in the US, being stabbed with a broken bottle is not a typical nightcap to a night of drinking except in old Westerns on television.

Particularly out on a public sidewalk or pedestrian walkway.

Just pointing out this incident if not unique to Thailand as some seem to infer. Not saying it's typical of a night out in Western countries, nor would I say it's typical in Thailand.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

some of your comments are unbelievable......NONE of you have any idea what happened but you've all blamed something or someone. He is a tourist, he doesn't know that you walk away from a Thai confrontation, it may not have involved alcohol........wasn't a farang bar owner recently bashed and had his throat cut with a broken beer bottle by a few Thai teens over a dispute because the Thai's were sitting on the farangs scooter, none of you have any idea what has happened with this Aussie kid. What we do know is that too many foreigners are being viciously assaulted and/or killed in Thailand and something needs to seriously change eg; Thai attitudes to tourists and Foreigners.

Actually I do know what happened. The Aussie is in the Australian army and was here on R and R after doing military training in Malaysia. He was drunk and got into an argument with a few Thai's. Instead of letting it go, he wanted to continue and fight. This was the result. The Thai also got stabbed by the Aussie, which isn't mentioned here. He will be reprimanded by his superiors once he recovers and can return home.

Edited by Phuketboy

You must wonder how these things do start.obvious some side does bait the other first and from what i have seen and heard, i got a pretty good idea which side starts it up

Two sides to every one of these, I'd bet those Aussie kids had a few drinks under their belts.

One of my sons went to Thailand, putting shit on Thais left, right and centre; told him to go to a Mai Thai school and 'give em a lesson' ... once again, he ignored my advice (smarter than I thought)