raro's Fast Food Heaven has opened!

rarosFFH

Still noy figured out the location.... left to right directions based around a 7-11 are a bit ambiguous!

Is the tesco lotus the one where every shop and the market are merged in one?

Not sure if it is just my phone but those google maps links wont let me get out of street view and into map mode.

Will be down when I know where to go!

GPS Coordinates are N12.93428° E100.93985° but please note, they are approx they will bring you with 20-30 ? Meters (but close enough wink.png ) as I haven't been yet

Google Maps link (without Streetview) http://goo.gl/maps/NCzIS (please look at the green arrow as that is where the coordinates point to)

Edited by MJCM

Oh dear, and I used to complain about Thais giving directions. smile.pngsmile.png MJMC, you mean driving up SSC from Suk with the mini Tesco on your RIGHT, and you turn left. Gonna be a lot of hungry people soon.

oops copied and paste the original directions from a previous post without correcting them sufficiently (oops sorry.gif )

I removed those directions and only posted GPS Coordinates and a Google Maps (without Streetview) link

Edited by MJCM

Think those traffic lights are past my place so I rarely go that way... if thinking right its the next junction or so up towards maprachan but not sure if a tescos there...

Past the market and all shops, past eastiny, past next 7-11 and junction with an orange flashing light... is it the next junction?

"in the next day or so i will go to Raro's then check the coordinates from my GPS...as it seems to be the only way to get them"

If you know the spot on a Google Map, right-click the spot and select "What's Here?" -- the GPS coordinates will appear in the box at the upper-left of your screen.

Here you go!

I saw your map, unfortunately I am not familiar with the area. Is this where you want to turn off of Sukhumvit?

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_2249 Sep. 28 18.33.jpg

Yes please. An expanded map showing Sukhumvit (and North) will help us folk who aren't too familiar with the dark side of town.

Edit: Saw an expanded map a few posts back.

Edited by tropo

Well that was certainly worth putting on a shirt and driving over. Standard beef burger with extra cheese was 160 baht. All round good burger with a nice tangy sauce, which I like (though I'd prefer a healthy dollop of garlic in it). Patty was perfect - the only better one I've tasted locally was made by myself with a bit of merguez spice in it. smile.png Didn't try anything else - next time. Your staff are cool, Mr Raro, friendly touch makes it nice. I think you might want to relocate those dogs, though - bit of a worry with that young girl (your daughter?) running around there. Catch up with you sometime.

It was not a good burger unless at least half of it is on your shirt after eating it...all the onions, sauce and of course some of that lovely pink beetroot stain.

• Like 1

It's the only traffic lights on Soi Siam Country Club. Well, apart from those at the railway line, but ours are working. Now how hard can that be?

I guess, most of the folks give up after they have passed the market.

You should add, that the traffic lights are ~3km behind the market, which is a "long" way, compared to the distance railroad --> market...

Oh dear, and I used to complain about Thais giving directions.....

Yepp and it seems, some are, just like Thais, unable to read a (Google) map...tongue.png

EDIT: And before I forget: some pictures please (food and resto)

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1

Bleedin hell...its easy to find the place...

From the Sukomvit, head down Siam Country Club road (by Num Chai Electrical Shop)....

over the railway line..another couple of miles you come to a crossroads controlled by traffic lights - there is a tesco's on the right and a motor bike shop on the left......

At these lights, turn left....there is a row of shop houses on the left - Raro's is in this row after about 100 yards....

• Like 1

I drove past it last night. Easy enough to see, just before the now defunct darkside deli. No expense spared on the decor and signage I see..."Burger & Chips" in felt tip pen scrawled on the side of a serving counter thumbsup.gif

Edited by boldface

Feed the dogs and the place will be well protected. They may even keep the music police scammers away.

Warning....if the dogs disappear rumours of a new source of meat may start....smile.png

Edited by harrry

Well that was certainly worth putting on a shirt and driving over. Standard beef burger with extra cheese was 160 baht. All round good burger with a nice tangy sauce, which I like (though I'd prefer a healthy dollop of garlic in it). Patty was perfect - the only better one I've tasted locally was made by myself with a bit of merguez spice in it. smile.png Didn't try anything else - next time. Your staff are cool, Mr Raro, friendly touch makes it nice. I think you might want to relocate those dogs, though - bit of a worry with that young girl (your daughter?) running around there. Catch up with you sometime.

It was not a good burger unless at least half of it is on your shirt after eating it...all the onions, sauce and of course some of that lovely pink beetroot stain.

Mate, I've grown up since I left Australia. Bloody civilised now, although I can't shake this habit of saying "mate". But no mind, Australia is mostly curable.

No beetroot at Heaven, sadly, but a few smacks around the ear should set Raro right. I'm sure he's trainable.

I drove past it last night. Easy enough to see, just before the now defunct darkside deli. No expense spared on the decor and signage I see..."Burger & Chips" in felt tip pen scrawled on the side of a serving counter thumbsup.gif

Kudos to the ladies....no spelling error giggle.gif

• Like 1

@rarosFFH

May I suggest that you post some pictures of the place to show us how it looks like.

I know you have a Facebook Page, but many people (including myself) don't have a Facebook Account.

Will visit soon, but the misses is not really into Hamburgers so will need some convincing thumbsup.gif

Will do that tomorrow. Spent the last couple of days with accounting.... Not My favourite pastime....

We also have sandwiches, sausages and some other stuff for those who are not into burgers. No somtam, though. Next door is a Singaporean Khao Man Kai place, no objections if your missus orders from there.

• Like 1

Yep, and then it's a couple of km up sscc. At the intersection with the traffic lights (with mini tesco, 7/11 and mityont motorcycle) you turn left. On your left hand side after about 100 metres.

OK, Had a takeaway from Raro's this evening.....

Cheese burger and fries.....

My comments:

Food - have to say i'm impressed - The burger was very flavorsome (had it with Raro sauce). and the "chunky" fries were cooked perfectly and tasted very good - i'd give it 8.5 / 10...

Staff - really nice and friendly....Asked where we'd heard about the place...when i said "Thai Visa", was asked what my user name was......Also given a flyer with the phone number on, so we could phone ahead with our order next time - Asked for a takeaway menu, but "not printed yet"...

One thing - there were 5 (yes FIVE) street dogs hanging around in front of your place...i felt very uncomfortable walking out with my food, worried that one or more might attack me to get hold of my tucker....

If it were my place, i'd be wanting to discourage them from congregating there............

Overall - Great food, great staff and just down the road from my place.........

Thanks for the nice comments! Just read it to the girls and they like to convey their best regards!

Both of them are married to moderators (one is my wife...), hence their familiarity with Thaivisa.

Dogs : Yeah. A problem. At first, the staff has strict instructions not to feed them whatsoever, not even on the other side of the road. I'd like to get rid of them but hear already the doggie saver brigade coming after me.

From the customers' reaction it was like... Oh you have nice dogs around to I won't enter until those beasts are gone.

Difficult.... I think I want to get rid of them, just no idea how.

The dogs are a big liability to your restaurant. Are there no legal ways to take care of the problem? Does the council not have a responsibility to protect you and your customers from street dogs? You could put them to sleep in a humane way....

Perhaps the "doggie saver brigade" will offer to take them away for you.

Edited by tropo

Someone advised to spray Citronella around the shop. Keeps the dogs away and also flies etc. Has also a pleasant odour for us humans.

Anyone knows where to get that?

Another solution might be an ultrasonic repellent. Not sure if that is repelling also the bats, though, and we have plenty of them in the area.

Citronella (if you can find it) is horrendously expensive, given the quantity you would need. Most other smell repellents will repel your customers - although horse manure might bring in the gardening crowd :). Wikihow suggests mouthwash - Colgate or Listerine. If that works, and it's a big if, then it might be a cheap way of forcing the dogs to move further and further away. Or if you want to be a bit more proactive, a 5-litre pump sprayer, with vinegar and water and the nozzle set on jet stream - and then pretend you are playing paintball with the dogs. That one worked for me.

Got take out from your place tonight.

1) The dogs are lovely. Very friendly so leave them alone.

2) Burger very good as were the chips (seasoned properly). Probably best burger in SSC as it stands.

3) Sausages- you are going to have very big problems unless you explain to the girls the difference between the rubbish in 7/11 and European sausages. On the grill (not on, so cold) sat 30-40 HALF COOKED sausages. Now, you will know exactly how long they sat there in the hazard temp zone of 20-60 degree but if its more than an hour, they will all be rampant with bacteria. When I got the sausage after they had cooked it, it was still raw and tepid heat on the inside and only a little warm on the outside. It would look cooked to a Thai used to the rubber sausages usually found in Thailand, but it wasn't. Would have been nice I'm sure, I'll ask the dog as she ate it.

Great burger though - but if they are going to precook the sausages, cook them all the way through, then store in the fridge.

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for your input, will have a look into this.

The sausages are indeed supposed to be cooked when ordered and this should be done on a hot BBQ.

We will replace your sausage, no question!

People asked for pictures......so here you go!

This is our chicken sandwich, 120 Baht:

attachicon.gif905885_578069882320672_5969353396856984392_o.jpg

Please note also that we are running a special on Foursquare. If you have this app, check in at our place cool.png

We're open every day from 10:30 in the morning to midnight!

So big you could not fit it all in the photosmile.png

Or is that to hide the bite the photographer took of it.

Edited by harrry