Soldiers Find Guns, Nearly 1 Mil. Baht In Temple Raid

Lite Beer

About time they started targeting and cleaning up the rort that is being a monk in many temples in Thailand. Temples. The place one runs to when hiding from police.

Don't think Suthep is hiding from Police...but would be nice to see him cleaned up.
No. But he was facing murder charges when he entered into Monkhood.

Were those "murder" charges not accepted at the court or did you miss something?

No. It is you that missed something.

My reference to Suthep's murder charges was in past tense. i.e At the time he entered monkhood he WAS facing murder charges.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? And I thought that temples were for worship.

They're also a place where the cess pit of Thai society congragate.

A bit of an over-the-top generalisation wouldn't you think?

Not really. My wife is a devout Buddhist but she never takes anything of value when she stays overnight & always warns me to be careful of pickpockets at the temple. Will not allow me to wear even a fake gold chain in case i am injured in a grab attempt. I really wonder why she goes there!!!!

My wife's nephew became a monk, only to get kicked out for yaba. The family helped bail him out and told the court he would stay at the family property until he was straightened out and on his feet. He laid around smoking cigarettes for a couple weeks, stole roughly 300k Baht in gold and ran. He was arrested for drugs a week later. Never did get the gold back. Real class acts in the temple, never know who you're dealing with.

Expect some change but soon as the media crisis is over, back to normal. This country is too far down the rabbit hole to ever clean it up.