Tanasak tells UN why Thai Army took control of the country

webfact

The children murdered by Red Shirt terrorist deserved it too?

Is bombing and shooting at a political gathering, killing and maiming people in the process an act of terrorism yes or no?

I feel sorry for the innocent bystanders that got hurt. But if the army had done what it was supposed to do and cleaned them out themselves, then maybe the risk of that happening would have been less.

Suthep's thugs deserved everything they got.

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So the Red Shirts that sprayed gunfire and threw grenades at crowds of people didn't mean to hurt innocent bystanders? How does that work in your head?

Is bombing and shooting at a political gathering, killing and maiming people in the process an act of terrorism yes or no? rolleyes.gif

The "crowds of people" were scum that used violence to try and replace a democratically elected government with an unelected People's Council. Where is the evidence that anyone other than them was targeted?

It is not terrorism to attack a private army rampaging across the city, aiming to overthrow democracy by force of arms and replace it with dictatorship. And things do not change if some people go and make themselves or their families human shields for such an army.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no-one supported the amnesty bill, then why was Pheu Thai going to win the February election?

Suthep's thugs used violence to intimidate participants in the election. That if nothing else is a clear cut example of "undemocratic terrorism". I would have rather seen the army clean them out (but of course we all know whose side they were on).

First paragraph another non sequitur. Well done.

Second, I don't think you know what terrorism is, let me check:

Is bombing and shooting at a political gathering, killing and maiming people in the process an act of terrorism yes or no?

depends if it is the military or not the military.

So the Red Shirts that sprayed gunfire and threw grenades at crowds of people didn't mean to hurt innocent bystanders? How does that work in your head?

Is bombing and shooting at a political gathering, killing and maiming people in the process an act of terrorism yes or no? rolleyes.gif

The "crowds of people" were scum that used violence to try and replace a democratically elected government with an unelected People's Council. Where is the evidence that anyone other than them was targeted?

It is not terrorism to attack a private army rampaging across the city, aiming to overthrow democracy by force of arms and replace it with dictatorship. And things do not change if some people go and make themselves or their families human shields for such an army.

So much for feeling sorry for the innocent victims of Red Shirt terrorists.

So much hatred, so much blood lust; you are no better than those who actually pulled the trigger; although I'm sure you think of yourself as a champion for a good cause.

I feel deep hatred for anyone who considers my sister's family to be subhuman just for coming from north of Bangkok.

And I feel zero sympathy for people who use violence to prevent them from electing a government that actually does something for them, and justify this on the grounds that they are "too stupid to vote".

• Like 2

So much hatred, so much blood lust; you are no better than those who actually pulled the trigger; although I'm sure you think of yourself as a champion for a good cause.

I feel deep hatred for anyone who considers my sister's family to be subhuman just for coming from north of Bangkok.

And I feel zero sympathy for people who use violence to prevent them from electing a government that actually does something for them, and justify this on the grounds that they are "too stupid to vote".

well, I'll second you on that one. these guys are a bunch of - sorry, let's call them 'inconsiderate of other people posters' when they just denigrate large portions of the Thai people. It's sickening

Edited by tbthailand
  • Like 1

The children murdered by Red Shirt terrorist deserved it too?

I feel sorry for the innocent bystanders that got hurt. But if the army had done what it was supposed to do and cleaned them out themselves, then maybe the risk of that happening would have been less.

You should actually read up on the kids that were killed. They weren't even part of the protests. You sound like you would fit in well with the red shirts that applauded when they were told about the people killed in Rayong. It's really sickening that you would call them scum.

• Like 2

Oh come on, jayboy. Politely telling someone things go over his head, he's naive and has ignorant comments? You continue to be insulting. You seem incapable to offer objective arguments as to why you disagree with what I wrote, you seem unable to accept someone in his right mind would disagree with you and therefor you just continue on the condescending track.

In a way you're just as narrow minded as Walker who asks ""what can the rural people do to shake of this persistent image (of willing accomplices of the electocrats in the systematic corruption of electoral ‘‘democracy.)." as if the image is all important.

You said that Walker's book is "unreadable because it tends to zigzag along".In the circumstances I think suggesting the content went over your head is completely legitimate.Walker is of course an internationally acknowledged expert on contemporary Thailand.

Ah, it isn't because you disagree, but because Andrew Walker is an 'international acknowledged expert'.

Prove it.

• Like 1

The PT government had sneakily modified an amnesty bill to become a blanket amnesty bill covering Thaksin's last two years in/out of office and the Yinglucks Administration's first two years. Furthermore obstructing the opposition they pushed through in slightly more than 24 hours two readings and two votes. Next with 100,000 or more anti-government protesters, Ms. Yingluck said "please go home, its not final", promised not to pressure the Senate, had a Senate speaker trying to move the Senate discussion forward" and said "its not my fault, its up to the Senate". In the mean time Pheu Thai members in parliament started to voice condemnation of these 'obviously' undemocratic anti-government protests and the first accusations of "terrorists" could be heard. Now all of that was before Ms. Yingluck finally dissolved the House.

All just a days work for a real democratic PM, cabinet and party, wouldn't you say ?

Let's not kid ourselves, Pheu Thai voters knew that a vote for Yingluck was a vote for Thaksin. He / They won the election, so there was a mandate for the amnesty bill.

Suthep and co. were just sour losers, and by their actions, definitely showed themselves to be undemocratic terrorists.

Is tjhat the type of democracy you long for?

A criminal fugitive involved in elections? A clone PM, Pheu Thai MPs going to see their master for orders, the criminal fugitive skyping-in into his canibet meetings to give orders how his ministers should take care of his country?

The sneakily modified blanket amnesty bill had extended coverage from 2004 to 2013-08-09, included all 'political influenced' wrongdoings. It was as if all corruption was to be swept under the table. Mandate, my foot.

Even the red-shirts had problems with the blanket amnesty bill, that is until heir leaders managed to distract them with yet another 'they try to steal your vote' story.

You only give a good example why reforms are necessary.

At least they need to go to the polls every few years to renew their mandate. This places an upper limit on what they can get away with.

As opposed to the Yellows, who come to power undemocratically and thus have no such restraints.

Sure, sure.

700++ billion Baht guaranteed by the Yingluck government. Another seven years to pay back that debt. The two double track 160 km/h rail links will cost the same, spread over seven years, included in the National Budget.

How nice to know an upper limit.

As taxpayer in Thailand I'm really, really happy knowing there is an upper limit as to what some democratic government are allowed to lose.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

well, I'll second you on that one. these guys are a bunch of - sorry, let's call them 'inconsiderate of other people posters' when they just denigrate large portions of the Thai people. It's sickening

What is sickening is people condoning murder and terrorism.

• Like 2

............................"I feel deep hatred for anyone who considers my sister's family to be subhuman just for coming from north of Bangkok.".................................

And yet in another post you wrote -

.............................."The "crowds of people" were scum that used violence to try and replace a democratically elected government with an unelected People's Council. Where is the evidence that anyone other than them was targeted?"............................

I would love to see what happened if you told the families of the people/kids who were murdered by your beloved redshirts that they were "scum".

Typical hypocritical red propaganda.

Edited by mikemac
  • Like 1

You should actually read up on the kids that were killed. They weren't even part of the protests. You sound like you would fit in well with the red shirts that applauded when they were told about the people killed in Rayong. It's really sickening that you would call them scum.

I already said that I feel bad for the innocent bystanders that got killed. But I can't help asking what possessed them to go (with their families!) near a private army rampaging across the city.

And I think there are more than enough reasons to call Suthep and co. "scum".

Edited by ThailandNoob

I already said that I feel bad for the innocent bystanders that got killed. But I can't help asking what possessed them to go (with their families!) near a private army rampaging across the city.

Like I said, you should really read up on how they got killed.

Some were killed in Rayong. They were sitting near their parents food stall near (not at) a rally.

Some were killed in Ratchaprasong. They got killed while they were in a tuktuk waiting for their parents who had gone shopping at Big C.

They weren't near anyone that was "rampaging". They weren't even protesting. They weren't killed by security forces doing their job. They were killed by mercenaries throwing grenades and shooting military weapons.

Now you compare that to most of the people killed during the red shirt protests. Many of them were in amongst armed men that were shooting at the army. I suppose you can't help asking what possessed them to go near a private army rampaging across the city. Do you think they are scum??

• Like 2

and of course not only do we blame Abhisit/Suthep for letting the Army attack 'peaceful protesters' but we also want to get them convicted for 'premeditated murder as private persons'.

It's almost as if someone wants to set up Ms. Yingluck to enable similar charges rolleyes.gif

I feel saddened with people who hate so easily that they lose the broader picture. To let your emotions get the better of you and start to name those you oppose "scum", justifying attacks by gunfire and grenades. It makes you just a 'bad' as those you oppose.

• Like 1

The was no private army rampaging through Bangkok, you just want to whitewash your blood lust by lying to yourself.

• Like 1

Some were killed in Rayong. They were sitting near their parents food stall near (not at) a rally.

Some were killed in Ratchaprasong. They got killed while they were in a tuktuk waiting for their parents who had gone shopping at Big C.

They weren't near anyone that was "rampaging". They weren't even protesting. They weren't killed by security forces doing their job. They were killed by mercenaries throwing grenades and shooting military weapons.

Now you compare that to most of the people killed during the red shirt protests. Many of them were in amongst armed men that were shooting at the army. I suppose you can't help asking what possessed them to go near a private army rampaging across the city. Do you think they are scum??

I have never been to Rayong, but I know that the Ratchaprasong Big C was right next to Suthep and his mob, who had by that time committed numerous acts of violence.

I would have much rather than the army had done their job and cleaned those pigs out. But they did not, blatantly proving which side they were on, neglecting their duties and letting the city collapse into anarchy (I think I know why, but this post would be deleted if I wrote it here).

You speak about the Red Shirt protests, but they were about trying to get an election, as opposed to trying to stop one. Forgive me if I am biased in favour of democracy.

The was no private army rampaging through Bangkok, you just want to whitewash your blood lust by lying to yourself.

Suthep's thugs were armed with military weapons, seizing territory, setting up checkpoints, kidnapping people and holding them in their territory, torturing people, shooting people who moved traffic cones, bashing foreign journalists, using violence to stop elections.

These are just the first things that came to mind, but more than enough to qualify them as a private army.

• Like 2

I feel saddened with people who hate so easily that they lose the broader picture. To let your emotions get the better of you and start to name those you oppose "scum", justifying attacks by gunfire and grenades. It makes you just a 'bad' as those you oppose.

"Those I oppose" use violence to try and replace democracy with an unelected People's Council. Why shouldn't I feel anything other than total hate for them?

Edited by ThailandNoob

"Those I oppose" use violence to try and replace democracy with an unelected People's Council. Why shouldn't I feel anything other than total hate for them?

Of course if you feel you're in your right to hate, you might also want to include the attackers who dropped more than 100 grenades on anti-government protesters.

Personally I think you should follow a few lessons in Democracy first, following should try to read some objective news.

• Like 1

AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT REJECTS THIS .

All junta members are banned from setting foot on Australian Soil

The Australian Government rejects this ? You mean the speech a week ago was already rejected four months before it was given ?

On the 31st of May we had

"''The Australian government has also put in place a mechanism to prevent the leaders of the coup from travelling to Australia."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/australia-loosens-its-ties-with-thais-over-coup-20140531-39b6d.html

Mind you, maybe they were somewhat confused and there was a mix-up with the SriLankan refugees on boats who were turned back.

Suthep's thugs were armed with military weapons, seizing territory, setting up checkpoints, kidnapping people and holding them in their territory, torturing people, shooting people who moved traffic cones, bashing foreign journalists, using violence to stop elections.

These are just the first things that came to mind, but more than enough to qualify them as a private army.

You live in a fantasy land to justify and condone the murder of real people, you have no moral standing.

• Like 2

You live in a fantasy land to justify and condone the murder of real people, you have no moral standing.

What part of my argument is fantasy? A bit of Googling will find plenty of news stories covering each of the examples that I listed.

What part of my argument is fantasy? A bit of Googling will find plenty of news stories covering each of the examples that I listed.

You simply do a cut and paste of words to make a sentence. Following you ignore the reasons for some of the actions.

BTW in some Westerns Countries condoning violence as in "I hate them" can and is being used against posters (on facebook a.o.).

PS I do not condone the violent actions by some of the PDRC / PCAD guards, but with all the violence they themselves were subjected to I'm not really surprised it happened. Especially with Thailand being such a violent society at times.

• Like 1

What is sickening is people condoning murder and terrorism.

well, now you have a good point. A couple of things...

I do second TN's point about people who consider others basically subhuman, but I did not post it, and should have, that I don't ever think that hate is the right response. Hate is a very precise word that we use too much. It is, IMO, never the appropriate reaction - not for me, and I don't think it is good for other groups and people to indulge themselves in hate.

And I don't support violence either. Not from any side and there has been a lot on ALL sides. The attack at Big C was shameful as was Suthep's staged (IMO) attack on himself - which killed one of his supporters if I recall correctly.

Related directly to this thread, I seriously do not like the ultra-rich elite's power-grab. It is a group in Thailand that has never supported democracy and values control for the purpose of supporting their own interests. General Tanasak can say what ever he wants at the UN, the truth is evident.

• Like 1

I have never been to Rayong, but I know that the Ratchaprasong Big C was right next to Suthep and his mob, who had by that time committed numerous acts of violence.

I would have much rather than the army had done their job and cleaned those pigs out. But they did not, blatantly proving which side they were on, neglecting their duties and letting the city collapse into anarchy (I think I know why, but this post would be deleted if I wrote it here).

You speak about the Red Shirt protests, but they were about trying to get an election, as opposed to trying to stop one. Forgive me if I am biased in favour of democracy.

not just the army did not do the work of securing city, I recall the royalist courts also tying the hands of the police.

It was quite obvious that Suthep would be allowed to stay on the streets for as long as it took.

It's equally obvious that Suthep wanted violence. It is one reason that the violence from his opponents was a strategic mistake as well as being immoral.

• Like 2

You simply do a cut and paste of words to make a sentence. Following you ignore the reasons for some of the actions.

BTW in some Westerns Countries condoning violence as in "I hate them" can and is being used against posters (on facebook a.o.).

PS I do not condone the violent actions by some of the PDRC / PCAD guards, but with all the violence they themselves were subjected to I'm not really surprised it happened. Especially with Thailand being such a violent society at times.

I am very well aware of "the reasons for their actions". With their feudalistic mindset, they consider people from the North and NE to be subhuman, and that those areas are therefore not worthy of government spending.

The problem is that those areas contain the majority of people in the country, and they can therefore do abominable things such as "selling" their votes in exchange for such unreasonable things as the government letting more than 10% of taxpayer's money go outside Bangkok.

The North and the NE are too stupid to realise that government revenue is the god-given right of the "khon dee" in Bangkok, and are therefore too stupid to vote. Elections must therefore be prevented at all costs, even if it means stirring up violence so that your army buddies have an excuse to step in and launch a coup.

That is the reasoning behind the PDRC's violence.

• Like 1

OMG!! You've never been near one of these (or the red shirt) protest sites in your life have you? You really have no idea!!

How does even being near a protest site make it OK for someone to throw grenades and kill innocent bystanders ... not even protesters, and not even anywhere near where any of the "numerous acts of violence" occurred.

It wasn't the army's job to clean out the protesters until they were asked by the government to do it. Both protests were about trying to force a legitimate government to step down. One of the protests had an armed militia backing them up.

• Like 1