british passport renewal in bkk-can i pay in pounds?

As ubonjoe said, you have to fill in the credit/debit card form and that's submitted with your application. They don't except any cash payment. Payment is taken by the passport office, in the UK.

As for your old style 50 GBP notes, I very much doubt if you will be able to exchange them here, as places like Superrich, Lindaexchange in Bangkok and the Banks no longer except them, here, as they were officially withdrawn on the 30th April 2014 by the BOE

see http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/pages/about/faqs.aspx

You have to send the application to the passport office in Liverpool, see UK gov website or BKK embassy website. No renewals in BKK for sometime now 2-3 years.

Not quite accurate, you don't send the application anywhere, the application needs to be submitted in person at the VFS Office in Sukhumvit 13, Bangkok.

Though as you say information on the procedure is available via websites mentioned.

• Like 2

You have to send the application to the passport office in Liverpool, see UK gov website or BKK embassy website. No renewals in BKK for sometime now 2-3 years.

Not correct

As per theoldgit, VFS, Trendy Building, in Sukumvit, book appointment on line, I've just booked mine, and they have given me the 22nd October.

Edited by Dave8237

Not correct

As per theoldgit, VFS, Trendy Building, in Sukumvit, book appointment on line, I've just booked mine, and they have given me the 22nd October.

thats about a month to wait

im almost ready to make an assault on the office and get a new one

got only one page left

Not correct

thats about a month to wait

im almost ready to make an assault on the office and get a new one

got only one page left

Be prepared to wait a lot longer. My renewal was 3 months from start to finish, with extremely poor and unprofessional service for my £120-odd.

Not correct

And then 6-8 weeks from then before you once again have to go to Bangkok to collect

Absoulutely disgraceful!

We are treated like 3rd class Brits, whilst immigrants are met at Dover and put up in 5 star hotels!

I agree the process and current level of service from the passport office is atrocious. I don't have much choice - but judging from your avatar you do.

Didn't expect the Bangkok service to take so long (Was told around 10 weeks) So i decided to head back to the UK (First time in 6 years) And renew in London..

Appointment was 9.30 am and i picked up the new passport at 1.30pm !

Also managed to pick up a Non Immigrant O multi entry biggrin.png

Not correct

And then 6-8 weeks from then before you once again have to go to Bangkok to collect

Absoulutely disgraceful!

We are treated like 3rd class Brits, whilst immigrants are met at Dover and put up in 5 star hotels!

I agree the process and current level of service from the passport office is atrocious. I don't have much choice - but judging from your avatar you do.

Indeed I do. I can choose one or the other -or both. For the time being I need neither, but still consider the whole system awful.

I was hoping that the hint would be taken when I made my last post to end passport discussion so I could keep this topic open in case somebody had a suggestion on what the OP could do with his pound notes. But that did not happen so this topic is now closed and the discussion can continue here. Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

xmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u