Internet TV?

ryanhull

My live tv channels were being lost all the time in xbmc. Ones that remained were hopelessly buffering. The only channel i could get clear was al jazeera, which i can get just by plugging in my tv without any android bix. I could watch sitcoms on Genesis but always frustrating trying to get a working stream then putting up with the buffering.

Updated to kodi, so now my live tv screen simply goes black, the tv guide section crashes and can't get anything to play on Genesis.

Its too complicated and i don't have hours and hours of spare time to constantly fight with this thing. Its really disappointing.

The sports net canada links hadn't worked since last fall.

well you can always pay someone to fix it for you .. as all those links do work so I assume your internet is rubbish too, so you should be getting that fixed before you even consider any IPTV device ..

Hi Jonc,

How come you stopped supporting your MX World News addon? That was the only one I found any use for (when it worked)?

Cheers,

MJKT

My live tv channels were being lost all the time in xbmc. Ones that remained were hopelessly buffering. The only channel i could get clear was al jazeera, which i can get just by plugging in my tv without any android bix. I could watch sitcoms on Genesis but always frustrating trying to get a working stream then putting up with the buffering.

Updated to kodi, so now my live tv screen simply goes black, the tv guide section crashes and can't get anything to play on Genesis.

Its too complicated and i don't have hours and hours of spare time to constantly fight with this thing. Its really disappointing.

The sports net canada links hadn't worked since last fall.

well you can always pay someone to fix it for you .. as all those links do work so I assume your internet is rubbish too, so you should be getting that fixed before you even consider any IPTV device ..

jonc I would happily pay someone to professionaly set up XBMC on my box. I have a pretty standard xbmc setup but it could be so much better. Apart from the tweaks and programming options I'm probably missing I'm going to be installing a full home theatre in a few weeks and I apprhensive about getting all the sound passthrough etc set up when it all arrives.

I am running XBMC on windows 8.1 on an Intel NUC i5 mini htpc. If you know anyone that can do a professional set up could you please let me know. I live in the lower sukhumvit area but I can throw the box in a backpack and bring it to someone for programming if needed.

Hi Jonc,

How come you stopped supporting your MX World News addon? That was the only one I found any use for (when it worked)?

Cheers,

MJKT

because I could, so I did, simple really .. it is still there, but will never update so might as well be dead ..

He can, that's why he mentioned it.

You are onto it .. but as I also mentioned his internet issues need to be sorted out before he even thinks about his home theatre / streaming tv etc .. as if his internet is rubbish then no matter what you do for a home theatre streaming it will be rubbish too.

Hi Jonc,

Cheers,

MJKT

because I could, so I did, simple really .. it is still there, but will never update so might as well be dead ..

How to win friends and influence people.cheesy.gif

• Like 2

Hi Jonc,

Cheers,

MJKT

Surely your comments should receive the audience they deserve. Could you post this in your threads on http://forums.tvaddons.ag/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY or should I do it for you as you can't be arsed? I'm sure there are a lot of people around the world who would be interested.

Edited by rbkk

He can, that's why he mentioned it.

You are onto it .. but as I also mentioned his internet issues need to be sorted out before he even thinks about his home theatre / streaming tv etc .. as if his internet is rubbish then no matter what you do for a home theatre streaming it will be rubbish too.

Jonc do we have a crossed wire here? You said tanoy could always pay someone to fix it for him. I said to you I would happily pay to fine tune my xbmc box and asked if you knew someone that provided the service. Tanoy answered "he can" meaning you Jonc provide these service and you replied to him "you are into it " and said something about fixing his internet first.

So if you indeed can provide a service to set up and fine tuning my xbmc box., Then I am interested. I have no major internet issues that need to be solved so I'm ready to go. Could you pm me details. I Have a couple of boxes I would like to do. One android and one Windows. I can bring my boxes to you as I believe from one of your old posts on TVaddons you only are located only a few stops on the BTS from me.

I just want a kick ass system that provides me the ultimate TV viewing experience. My only additional special request is I want multiple options to access the Formula 1 live feed just in case one drops out.

If I'm mistaken due to a crossed wire in this thread then my apologies, but if you do know someone who can provide the service please let me know.

Thanks

Surely your comments should recieve the audience they deserve. Could you post this in your threads on http://forums.tvaddons.ag/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY or should I do it for you as you can't be arsed? I'm sure there are a lot of people around the world who would be interested.

it was posted here http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/21930-RELEASE-MX-World-News-video-addon ages ago ..

But by all means feel free to repost it if that is what you need to do ..

Surely your comments should recieve the audience they deserve. Could you post this in your threads on http://forums.tvaddons.ag/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY or should I do it for you as you can't be arsed? I'm sure there are a lot of people around the world who would be interested.

it was posted here http://forums.tvaddons.ag/threads/21930-RELEASE-MX-World-News-video-addon ages ago ..

So let me get this clear. The lack of support for your addon is because you couldn't be arsed. There I was thinking it was some technical reason. Silly me. And the future of the other addons?.....

So let me get this clear. The lack of support for your addon is because you couldn't be arsed. There I was thinking it was some technical reason. Silly me. And the future of the other addons?.....

Ok lets get this straight then .. whatever you are referring to or inferring is not correct and you should never assume..

Did you pay someone for my free addon or did you sell it to someone my free addon who is now complaining?

This smells fishy to me ..

Well, at least I now better understand why 90% of XBMC/Kodi streaming plugins don't work. No support! ;)

Thats total BS bro! I use TVaddons everday with very little plugins that do not work. You just have to weed out the bad from good. And a little FYI, these cheap sites that promote live streams are all stolen from the original providers.

• Like 1

Ok lets get this straight then .. whatever you are referring to or inferring is not correct and you should never assume..

Did you pay someone for my free addon or did you sell it to someone my free addon who is now complaining?

This smells fishy to me ..

No. Just a loyal user.

I'm sorry but you are dodging the question. Was there a technical reason you stopped support for the MXNews addon or was it you couldn't be arsed? I'd like to get this clear in my head.

Well you are busy telling me I am being arsed ( I am guessing this means lazy so be aware I do not appreciate that sort of comment at all,) when as I said you have assumed everything totally wrong. That is not dodging the question it is giving an answer, you are wrong in your assumptions rbkk.

It was due to a technical reason, as the source of the streams is gone, which means the addon can not be updated so it to has now had to go too as most of it does not work (real simple stuff)

I'm sorry but you are dodging the question. Was there a technical reason you stopped support for the MXNews addon or was it you couldn't be arsed? I'd like to get this clear in my head.

Does it really matter? Just download the addon Uplayhd from GitHub install it and you have your thai TV back plus a lot more.. Problem solved.

• Like 2

Does it really matter? Just download the addon Uplayhd from GitHub install it and you have your thai TV back plus a lot more.. Problem solved.

I already have the addon.The UplayHD server was down for over 24 hours yesterday. I haven't checked today.

I already have the addon.The UplayHD server was down for over 24 hours yesterday. I haven't checked today.

Strange I was watching it last night and I just checked now and it's working. If it's not working try manually updating it from the addon configuration screen. I've had problems before where some of my addons don't automatically update which were fixed that way.

If it helps the version I'm running is 2.0.6. Try going to the configuration screen on the Uplayhd addon and clearing the cache located under" advanced". Good luck

• Like 1

Strange I was watching it last night and I just checked now and it's working. If it's not working try manually updating it from the addon configuration screen. I've had problems before where some of my addons don't automatically update which were fixed that way.

If it helps the version I'm running is 2.0.6. Try going to the configuration screen on the Uplayhd addon and clearing the cache located under" advanced". Good luck

Thanks, but I had tried that already with no joy. Others are saying the server has been down 3 days. You must be in a lucky area!?! www.facebook/iclosedz (Scroll down to posts on the left)

Edited by rbkk

Thanks, but I had tried that already with no joy. Others are saying the server has been down 3 days. You must be in a lucky area!?! www.facebook/iclosedz (Scroll down to posts on the left)

Weird. I just checked it before I wrote the earlier post and channel 3 worked fine. I am in lower Sukhumvit and I am using true 30mb connection

Dontcha just love how people get free services and stuff and they Have the audacity to bitch about it?

I guess they think all of this programming doesnt take time nor resources. I for one dont know how they do it and keep it all free??

Could not agree more - you get what you pay for!

I have just checked Uplayhd addon, and it says internet connection error! or server down. Everything is up to date and the cache cleared, and I'm using True 30mb connection. I'm in Pattaya(darkside)

True does not work well with xbmc. I switched to 3bb fiber and everything that didnt work with true now works.