Internet TV?

ryanhull

Horses for courses I guess, as XBMC is my main source of TV and I rarely have the issues you refer to and if I do it relates to my bad internet connection

Edited by joncl

OK, I've now given XBMC a solid chance, but it's simply too painful. Anything you want to watch takes on average 10-20 attempts to find a working stream, and navigating through pages takes seconds each time.

It doesn't even come close to comparing with something like MaigeTV I'm afraid, so I'm giving up. If you don't want the expense of a Maige STB, Youtube is better, faster and infinitely more reliable.

This is what I used to do as well. I was trying to be super frugal and save money. 5 different XBMC plugins plus Acestreams for sports. I got fed up with having to go into different plugins to watch different streams depending on the channel I wanted. After a recommendation from a fellow Scandinavian/British couple I signed up for NTV (Review) and I got channels to satisfy the wife and sports for me for about 600 Bhat a month.

Well it is what it is and I am enjoying todays races at Bathurst, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, live something XBMC does well and also the Russian F1 shortly and also on NTV.mx the paid for add-on you have..

post-63721-0-79651400-1412998873_thumb.p

post-63721-0-41009800-1412998894_thumb.p

post-63721-0-79113100-1412998919_thumb.p

Edited by joncl

Well it is what it is and I am enjoying todays races at Bathurst, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, live something XBMC does well and also the Russian F1 shortly and also on NTV.mx the paid for add-on you have..

MaigeTV has Bathurst in HD on channel 415 - no buffering, no endless searching, it just works...

You'll still need to install the excellent MX repository if you want MX-World News, MX-Thai and MX-BBC.

Thanks glad you like it (my MX Repo) , also his so called EPG in his live TV is provided by me too but not to him, a bit cheeky to pinch it and claim as his own work.

Anyone else besides me find that the MX World News doesn't work for past few days? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

Interesting thread, as i'm also looking at getting hooked up with an internet provided TV

system for my HD tv.

Now I'm currently trying to understand the way it all works and what would be my best solution,

i have a MacBook Pro that i can link to my TV with a HDMI cable.

My main query is would it be better to buy an android tv box such as the one described in this link:

http://www.retailgadgets.co.uk/Minix-Neo-X7-Android-4.2.2-TV-Box-1.8GHz-RK3188-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM.html

Or

As some of the posters have said on this thread, to download the XBMC package on to my laptop to receive the

same result?

Does the Android TV Box offer a better and more efficient result with more program options?

Thanks.

Macbook pro is a waste for a tv device.

Get an android box connected to the tv and use the macbook as a laptop. Android box is lower electric costs and comes with tv friendly remote.

Alternatively buy a ferarri to drive from the bed to the bathroom!

Where are you based? I have some units available in the Pattaya area.

Interesting thread, as i'm also looking at getting hooked up with an internet provided TV

system for my HD tv.

Now I'm currently trying to understand the way it all works and what would be my best solution,

i have a MacBook Pro that i can link to my TV with a HDMI cable.

My main query is would it be better to buy an android tv box such as the one described in this link:

http://www.retailgadgets.co.uk/Minix-Neo-X7-Android-4.2.2-TV-Box-1.8GHz-RK3188-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM.html

Or

As some of the posters have said on this thread, to download the XBMC package on to my laptop to receive the

same result?

Does the Android TV Box offer a better and more efficient result with more program options?

Thanks.

No, an Android box won't do any more than your MBP, nor will it do anything better. Yes, an MBP will only be idling though.

You'll still need to install the excellent MX repository if you want MX-World News, MX-Thai and MX-BBC.

Thanks glad you like it (my MX Repo) , also his so called EPG in his live TV is provided by me too but not to him, a bit cheeky to pinch it and claim as his own work.

Currently back in the US and I must say a big thanks to you... use Kodi ( Helix alpha build) as my primary source of tv here and the MX addons are the best! Wife loves the Thai one as she now can stay "up to date " and I can continue to watch live muay thai on ch 7 on Saturday nights here.

Excellent and again Thanks!

Owe ya a brew when we get back...

• Like 1

I have not fixed it yet, will do it later this week when I get a chance to do it as I was thinking of dumping this add-on.

I note from the other web site you have not dumped this add on, but that it now works in a more half arsed method requiring a download first rather than being read from the repository. I should like to thank you for your efforts nevertheless as the news channels are welcomed and run very smoothly in Thailand. I hope you get it working better still and or let us know the alternatives if you do dump it.

I'm no guru with computers. However, ThaiExpat is great as you can watch programmes live, which doesn't seem to be mentioned in this thread -although I may have missed it. For example, I watched the Open Golf on BBC2 live all day and no adverts!. Quality excellent and you can watch Sky News (the UK version - not the Int one)

I am with you on that. I think if you are from the UK it is the best option, they recently increased to 33 channels although I would never watch many of them. One of the good things about expat is that you can jump over the adverts. As you say when it comes to news and sport it is only a few minutes behind real time.

I have the android box on the TV and the windows version on my laptop. If I am going away or traveling I can record a couple of programmes and watch them later when no internet available.

I have not fixed it yet, will do it later this week when I get a chance to do it as I was thinking of dumping this add-on.

I note from the other web site you have not dumped this add on, but that it now works in a more half arsed method requiring a download first rather than being read from the repository. I should like to thank you for your efforts nevertheless as the news channels are welcomed and run very smoothly in Thailand. I hope you get it working better still and or let us know the alternatives if you do dump it.

Yes on tvaddons.ag where my repo lives, I did update it and it should have auto updated to everyone now, but of course I will let everyone know on there first before I mention it here as this site, like many others are not the primary source of notifications

This is http://forums.tvaddons.ag/forums/165-MX-REPOSITORY

• Like 1

Feeling pretty embarrassed reading through this thread and realizing how far I have slipped behind technology, I had no idea you could get all of these channels for free so easily.

Is any of this stuff available as on demand or does it all have to be watched live?

Watched the rugby on RTE2 HD on Saturday night and the quality was outstanding, didn't buffer once and was the best quality stream I have watched on my computer

I am a bit disappointed though in the quality of streams coming from the UK Sport channels, Sky Sports is fairy shoddy looking

Is Sky Sports not streamed in HD at all?

• 2 months later...

I have cancelled Truevision , upgraded my TOT wifi package & having TOT IPTV box installed next week . I am a keen Rugby League fan & would love to be able to watch Super League from UK , can someone please advise

how I can do this .

I have cancelled Truevision , upgraded my TOT wifi package & having TOT IPTV box installed next week . I am a keen Rugby League fan & would love to be able to watch Super League from UK , can someone please advise

how I can do this .

LiveSports.co.uk guide shows indicates many of the games are televised on SKY SPORTS 2 and BBC Sports in the UK.

For a while the TOT iptv boxes were letting users side-load other applications (like xbmc/kodi) that allowed other streaming content to be played ... but some users have recently reported that the current TOT iptv update/versions now prevent this (???).

The xbmc/kodi app can also be loaded on most android set top, htpc or PC boxes, then Navi-x would be your best bet for finding the live streams.

The ThaiVisa peanut gallery will probably suggest the following websites: skysports.com, setanta/asia, iLikeHD, Thai Expat TV, UstreamSports, CircFree, VIP League,

Though, with those last two you may more likely get the PIPCU page instead.

how I can do this .

LiveSports.co.uk guide shows indicates many of the games are televised on SKY SPORTS 2 and BBC Sports in the UK.

For a while the TOT iptv boxes were letting users side-load other applications (like xbmc/kodi) that allowed other streaming content to be played ... but some users have recently reported that the current TOT iptv update/versions now prevent this (???).

The xbmc/kodi app can also be loaded on most android set top, htpc or PC boxes, then Navi-x would be your best bet for finding the live streams.

The ThaiVisa peanut gallery will probably suggest the following websites: skysports.com, setanta/asia, iLikeHD, Thai Expat TV, UstreamSports, CircFree, VIP League,

Though, with those last two you may more likely get the PIPCU page instead.

Cheers RichCor, thanks for your quick response , will check out what you suggest ,Setanta Asia will be televising the RL club world cup between St Helens & Rabbitohs I should imagine I would love to see that .

Hello joncl

I have installed your mx repository on to Kodi, and have managed to enable the MxThai TV Player and the Mx NCAA HD, (although I can't get anything to play). I have tried to enable the F4M proxy, the BBC player and the RTE player. but all 3 are stuck on Downloading 0%.

I am using Kodie Helix 14.1 on Windows 7, and have True Docis 30mbps download.

I am fairly new to using Xbmc/Kodi and I'm wondering if I've done something wrong. I've got a lot of things working including the Hub and quite a lot of Add ons, but I'm having trouble with this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry the MX NCAA HD is working perfectly.

Edited by elfpattaya

My live tv channels were being lost all the time in xbmc. Ones that remained were hopelessly buffering. The only channel i could get clear was al jazeera, which i can get just by plugging in my tv without any android bix. I could watch sitcoms on Genesis but always frustrating trying to get a working stream then putting up with the buffering.

Updated to kodi, so now my live tv screen simply goes black, the tv guide section crashes and can't get anything to play on Genesis.

Its too complicated and i don't have hours and hours of spare time to constantly fight with this thing. Its really disappointing.

The sports net canada links hadn't worked since last fall.

My live tv channels were being lost all the time in xbmc. Ones that remained were hopelessly buffering. The only channel i could get clear was al jazeera, which i can get just by plugging in my tv without any android bix. I could watch sitcoms on Genesis but always frustrating trying to get a working stream then putting up with the buffering.

Updated to kodi, so now my live tv screen simply goes black, the tv guide section crashes and can't get anything to play on Genesis.

Its too complicated and i don't have hours and hours of spare time to constantly fight with this thing. Its really disappointing.

The sports net canada links hadn't worked since last fall.

well you can always pay someone to fix it for you .. as all those links do work so I assume your internet is rubbish too, so you should be getting that fixed before you even consider any IPTV device ..