Siam Reap Driver, Guide, Car

RabC

Hello all I will be in Siem Reap at the beginning of December and we are looking for advice for a guide ( English speaking), driver and car for 3 days of sight seeing.

Please no advice re doing it myself/taxis, we have decide that the Guide/driver option is for us.

Thanks in advance.

It seems as tho almost everyone has a school book full of recommendations from Mr and Mrs Somebody from Somewhere saying what professional service they got.Many of them are on facebook.

I would think they are all similar in that they go to the same places and charge the same amount.

If you go to Battambong its worth getting a special driver.

In all honesty cars aren't all that common here in SR. It's a tuk-tuk city. I can recommend some excellent English speaking tuk-tuk drivers/guides but I can't think of a single car driver that would do the job. By and large taxi companies are really only used to get to the border or to Phnom Penh for everything else it's tuk-tuk. It's worth noting that tuk-tuks in SR are not shit like the ones in Thailand and that the drivers are generally (not 100% but very close to it) not thieving gits like the ones in Thailand either.

• 1 month later...

Stick with the car plan Rab! Air con breaks are worth their weight in gold when temple touring. As I speak cool season has not arrived in Cambodia - helliish hot yesterday round the wats. I bought car and driver at the Choam Sa Ngam border in Sisaket province on Monday. 1,700 baht to do the 140 km to Siem Reap and 750 baht a day around SR inclusive fuel, his living costs and tip. I'm sure any Hotel or the Tourist info place will sort you out but not at those on-the-fly prices. Look out for fuller road trip report later.

Nonetheless I agree that tuk tuks around SR are high quality.

Most town journeys a couple of bucks and 15 to 20 per day.

Edited by SantiSuk