Murdered women washes up on Phuket beach

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure BIB et al are hoping this is Thai woman, so western news and expats will not get so upset and cause problems. Let's have a hue and cry every time someone is murdered, regardless of nationality. To do otherwise smacks of racism to me.

oh dear, the racist card again. PC Emster people die and get murdered every day, try Syria or Irak if you want a good sob, a hue or a cry. Lots of Thais get murdered each week but i couldn't care less, it's their country, they are just doing what Thais do, it does affect me if a westerner is involved because we have so few rights as it is, and anyway it could be me next week,that might even upset me although not for long.

is the world listening to this or do they just ignore and keep flocking to these island p where grizzly murders and rapes are just another day in the life.

It'll change when the expats stop moaning about it and leave in vast numbers and the tourists opt for another sunny destination. Can't tell you want a joy it is not living in Thailand any more ... to actually get treated like a human being is nice for a start.

How many of these cases actually hit the international press? How many blow over within a week or two and then it's right back to business with TAT announcing a hike in tourist numbers?

I'm moving to Florida next month.

I can't take this crime scene country any more. Many good Thais will lose their jobs when we all leave due to the bad people.

When we all leave? speak for yourself.

is the world listening to this or do they just ignore and keep flocking to these island p where grizzly murders and rapes are just another day in the life.

It'll change when the expats stop moaning about it and leave in vast numbers and the tourists opt for another sunny destination. Can't tell you want a joy it is not living in Thailand any more ... to actually get treated like a human being is nice for a start.

How many of these cases actually hit the international press? How many blow over within a week or two and then it's right back to business with TAT announcing a hike in tourist numbers?

I can't take this crime scene country any more. Many good Thais will lose their jobs when we all leave due to the bad people.

Nope; the tourists will keep coming and for every expat that decides to leave Phuket, two others will take their place.

Everyone underestimates the power of the "it won't happen to me" mantra............and most times, they're right.

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

"The body was badly decayed and part-eaten by marine animals, but police were able to estimate the woman’s age at 15 to 40 years old, and believe she was murdered at least a week ago before being dumped in the sea". I would say a pretty wide estimate. Shouldn't they just say they don't know the age?

What, and have the whole Thai Visa community fall over them that they have a body but can't estimate the age?

a Thai did not find the lady , it was found by myself and two friends ( both farangs) , we decided on our day off to have an early morning walk around 6.30 am, we first saw the jaw bone at the edge of the surf , then a rib , a very strong odour was wafting around , we walked over the crest of the high tide surf line and found what we first thought was a large animal on its side , very white and covered in sand. The reality hit as we got closer that in fact it was human.. without going into gory details ..we called the cops multiple times and tried to protect the surrounding area , also the bones were washing in and out of the surf , so we managed to keep them in sight as they had teeth attached. The locals woke up to us standing around something and in force arrived with cameras in hand to get souvenir shots , thats all they were interested in , quite sickening to watch Buddhists drooling over what we find just grotesque . The BiB arrived and clueless as usual , first worried more about getting sand on the clean boots , second wanted more snap shots ... meanwhile we gave up on guarding the body , had we not insisted they take the bones out of the surf they too would have gone... no divers came to check for more , no searching of the rest of the beach ..no questioning us , just a phone number .. we left in disgust and headed for home ... the vision of this poor woman , someones child will remain in all of our minds for sometime , along with the insensitive behaviour of Thai people ... it may be awhile before we venture back to Surin for a relaxing stroll....

Shocking experience...Thai police are a joke, if Koh Tao hasn't proved that your account does..

Thai reports suggest the victim is Russian.

When we all leave? speak for yourself.

I'm off next week...the vibe here is not right...

a Thai did not find the lady , it was found by myself and two friends ( both farangs) , we decided on our day off to have an early morning walk around 6.30 am, we first saw the jaw bone at the edge of the surf , then a rib , a very strong odour was wafting around , we walked over the crest of the high tide surf line and found what we first thought was a large animal on its side , very white and covered in sand. The reality hit as we got closer that in fact it was human.. without going into gory details ..we called the cops multiple times and tried to protect the surrounding area , also the bones were washing in and out of the surf , so we managed to keep them in sight as they had teeth attached. The locals woke up to us standing around something and in force arrived with cameras in hand to get souvenir shots , thats all they were interested in , quite sickening to watch Buddhists drooling over what we find just grotesque . The BiB arrived and clueless as usual , first worried more about getting sand on the clean boots , second wanted more snap shots ... meanwhile we gave up on guarding the body , had we not insisted they take the bones out of the surf they too would have gone... no divers came to check for more , no searching of the rest of the beach ..no questioning us , just a phone number .. we left in disgust and headed for home ... the vision of this poor woman , someones child will remain in all of our minds for sometime , along with the insensitive behaviour of Thai people ... it may be awhile before we venture back to Surin for a relaxing stroll....

Feel really bad for you that you had to see such a thing. I hope you are not troubled by it for too long.. I hope they find out who she is but knowing how useless the BIB are I very much doubt it!

They might as well estimated between 9 - 90. Just this week, Russian raped, Australian bottled and now another victim. This remain a lawless country by any standards.

Rubbish !!!

Have a look at Perth Australia this week. House invasion with gun. Owners beat them off with golf clubs.

Two car jackings one with rifle/

Boy in coma due to 4 louts trying to pinch his trial bike.

Two service outlet armed robberies.

You Thai Bashers really should keep up with the rest of the world.

It's all fuelled by drugs etc. Not a culture and Thailand is not alone

Thanks for the factual account of the discovery of the body, cdmtdm. No doubt, a terrible experience, and one not easily forgotten.

In your opinion, what do you think are the chances of a positive identification, other than DNA, and possibly dental?

Did you see any tattoos, clothing, jewellery etc?

They might as well estimated between 9 - 90. Just this week, Russian raped, Australian bottled and now another victim. This remain a lawless country by any standards.

Look at this when you have time http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/ucr

And when was last time in Thailand when some wacko opened fire at a school or a shopping center?

Law enforcement may not be exemplary in Thailand but I'd say in violent crime they are far behind some "developed" countries.

I am sure BIB et al are hoping this is Thai woman, so western news and expats will not get so upset and cause problems. Let's have a hue and cry every time someone is murdered, regardless of nationality. To do otherwise smacks of racism to me.

So, countries like Aruba that double the sentence of people convicted of a crime against a tourist are racist?

Sounds like good sense to me. If you rely on tourism, you better do whatever it takes to keep it going and dissuade anyone that thinks otherwise.

Of course.........it wouldn't work here as the word "consequences" has no real meaning in Thailand.

Vietnam doubles the sentence for crimes against foreigners.

• Like 1

Forensic in Thalang: Ohh, she's dead. Hands cuffed = suicide, case closed. Let's go fine some farangs riding the bike without helmet.

Yes that is what they should do and rise the fine maybe 3000 thb for farangs because when they come to Thailand they Think no rules here but they never go ride motorbike in there homecountrys without the helmet!!! Hands cuffed= murder case open.

Thanks for the factual account of the discovery of the body, cdmtdm. No doubt, a terrible experience, and one not easily forgotten.

In your opinion, what do you think are the chances of a positive identification, other than DNA, and possibly dental?

Did you see any tattoos, clothing, jewellery etc?

i would not feel comfortable in commenting about the details NKM , other than the jaw was intact including teeth .. the chances should be high for an ID given a compotent lab ... as for race, very hard to tell by what we found , not as easy as some posters have suggested . It was surreal ..the pristine water on one side , no wind , perfect right hander waves , zero people , cool air and then behind us a reminder of mankind at its worst ... stuck in the middle ,we did what we could , very sad for the family .

Never heard of Miami Vice then?

There is more violent crime in Thailand in two weeks than many countries experience in several months

i agree just latley its seems like a war zone with muggings stabbing murder and rape the land of smiles has gone now just greed and sadness as they realise its easy to take some thing for nothing