anyone on this forum in mahasarakam?

ryanhull

I am also from Kalasin, but have met maybe 15 or 20 Farang's over the past 10+ years who said that they were from Maha Sarakham or at least that area... Plus I was told that there are more than 50 Farang Teachers between the University and the Gov. Schools there... Get out and about during the middle of the day, places like the new Mall or Big C, and just say "Hello" to any Farangs and ask them a question to start a conversation... Even I get over to the New Mall in Sarakham from Kalasin maybe 2 or 3 times a month to get a Starbucks Mocha and a decent Cinnamon Roll... And usually stop off at Black Canyon on the way back to Kalasin for an American Club Sandwich..

Pianoman

I live in Maha Sarakham, but there are not too many of us. If you want to meet some there is a small shop not far away from the OLD university inside the city where an Australian (Nick) has some tables outside where he sells beer and sometimes pizza. He said last time a met him that he was coming back to Thailand in September.

There is a farlang bar by the canal called BB Bar witch could have been something but the owner went back to New Zealand. On week days it's closed, but I have seen that it has been open on a couple of Saturdays.

Edited by Norlund

plenty of flang around msk but as often mentioned keep themselves to themselves.meeting places change as girlfriends change.

if you want flang food go to black canyon near yang talat.myself im in si suk between msk to kalasin and every small village has some flang.

I'm not in Thailand at present, but spend quite a bit of time each year near Kantarawichai. I often drive along Highway 213 to Mahasarakham or Kalasin but have somehow missed seeing Black Canyon. Where is it exactly in relation to Yang Talat? It is true there are a lot of westerners in this area.

Edited by citizen33

as you leave yang talat in direction of kalasin a couple of km out on your right is a new service area .its in that.if you see a road on your left to the reservoir you have gone too far !the ultimate source of reliable information is pianoman.

Thanks. Since I posted, somebody else told me it is in the PTT service station (which also has an Amazon Cafe) just before the reservoir turning, and that the full name is Black Canyon Kitchen. Will check it out in due course,

as you leave yang talat in direction of kalasin a couple of km out on your right is a new service area .its in that.if you see a road on your left to the reservoir you have gone too far !the ultimate source of reliable information is pianoman.

Thanks. Since I posted, somebody else told me it is in the PTT service station (which also has an Amazon Cafe) just before the reservoir turning, and that the full name is Black Canyon Kitchen. Will check it out in due course,

It's an OK place when compared to other petrol station cafes but I'd not go out of my way to go there for overpriced food.