PM Prayut: Peace in Thai South by 2015

webfact

Good luck, the problem has been ignored for to long.

They have been the Ugly stepchild for to long.

They are Thai and need to be treated a Thai's.

Open the area to tourism, there are some of the most beautiful beaches in Asia in the south of Thailand.

Help the develop their resources jobs and respect go a long way.

• Like 1

Open the area to tourism, there are some of the most beautiful beaches in Asia in the south of Thailand.

Thats funny. Your idea is to bring tourists into a war zone? I think most non muslim countries have travel warnings issued on travel to the south of Thailand.

and what are western tourist going to wear on the beach?

are they going to be able to express affection in public?

how for North is this going to be allowed to spread?

like everywhere else in the world, this is destroying Thailand.

develop their resources, jobs and respect?

thousand of years ago advanced mathematics came out of the middle east. do you know what came along and destroyed their head start over the world?

I'd rather he stopped making stupid remarks as every time he's opening his mouth in recent weeks he's put his size 9's in it!!

Fix one thing at a time how about ending the mafias control of Koh Tao and sack that bungling bumbling Police chief for starters!!

This time round he is promoting himself as a messiah....

Southern Muslims should return Happiness to the Real Thai people, by obeying the commend of the Great Supreme Leader General Prime Minister Prayuth.

He shall provide security and protection in return.

Reading through your posts chotthee, it appears that you like to make sarcastic remarks ad nauseam.

Have you heard of the saying: "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit"?

I am assuming your remarks are not to be taken literally because they are so absurdly childish.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-Ocha has vowed to end southern violence within one year, before Thailand enters the Asean Economic Community (AEC) to be created at the end of 2015.

To-days news. PM recants "year to end unrest claim" What he meant to say was that the government expected to bring all groups and stakeholders involved to the negotiating table before the AEC begins.

Either his fortune teller is on holiday or his crystal balls have gone a little cloudy.Either way I hope that his script writer gets a good talking to.

Edited by Brian Corrigan

It obvious by most comments, none of you have spent any time or indeed been in our Southern Provinces.

Contrary to what the militants and rebel rouses would have you believe, the people are kind, peaceful and polite. Why not they are Thai!

They do not push the Muslim religion you or even bring it up for that matter.

If it was not for Mosques visible and a few women with headscarves, you would not know you were in a so called Muslim area.

they are Thai's, just ask them and proud of it.

Increasing tourism and improving infrastructure and security will make the Rebels and Terrorists very unhappy because they will lose their control over the Thai people. They control now with fear and as long as no one cares it will continue as it has for a long time.

Everyone seems to forget these provinces and their people as Citizens of Thailand they deserve the same rights and protection as everyone else gets in The Kingdom of Thailand.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It obvious by most comments, none of you have spent any time or indeed been in our Southern Provinces.

Contrary to what the militants and rebel rouses would have you believe, the people are kind, peaceful and polite. Why not they are Thai!

They do not push the Muslim religion you or even bring it up for that matter.

If it was not for Mosques visible and a few women with headscarves, you would not know you were in a so called Muslim area.

they are Thai's, just ask them and proud of it.

Increasing tourism and improving infrastructure and security will make the Rebels and Terrorists very unhappy because they will lose their control over the Thai people. They control now with fear and as long as no one cares it will continue as it has for a long time.

Everyone seems to forget these provinces and their people as Citizens of Thailand they deserve the same rights and protection as everyone else gets in The Kingdom of Thailand.

There are more muslims in the south than just a few women in scarfs. It is definately a dangerous area for Americans and Brits as well as non muslim thais in that area and even Monks. From what I understand from my trips to the south is that the muslims in that area want to separate from Thailand and have their own muslim country. If you have some tourists beheaded in the south that will not be good for the tourists numbers going into the future.

He couldn't beat the insurgents whilst he was the Army Commander so what makes him believe he can do it in less time when he's PM?

Norhthern John stop being an apologist for the man, he's making too many gaffes in recent weeks , I thought he was the right an for the job, the only man for the job but I'm not so sure now, he's handled the Koh Tao murders poorly and his own tourist minister isn't much better.

I was also of the opinion he needs time but that's the thing Too, it takes very little time to go from hero to zero, he needs a good PR spokesperson who proof reads his statements to stop him from making himself look like a fool, which he has done on more than one occasion now.

So peace in the South in less than 4 months?