Deputy PM confident murderers of British Koh Tao tourists will be arrested soon

webfact

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is somebody they could call in, very well qualified too - he knows what the law should be.

He is a senior lecturer at Chulalonkhorn Uni, and apparently he believes, that when driving, you should stop at a zebra-crossing, to let pedestrians cross the road. He is way ahead of the game.

He'd solve this in days, with such insight an'all.. if given the opportunity against all the current baffoons involved.

This cover up goes the the very top of Thai society, why???

Some of the "elite" must hold some very serious secrets

Would you be suggesting that the elite own these, or this island, and not HMtKR9? w00t.gif ... and that they are the Mafia controlling all events? w00t.gif

Impossible course of events......... rolleyes.gif

whistling.gif i am not confident.

It is time for a mass boycott of islands like Koh Tao by tourists.

The problem is that islands like Koh Tao are a "one industry town".

II these islands the only real industy is "tourism".

The economy of these places depends on the tourists coming and spending money.

Nothing can be allowed to stop that cash flow, even a couple of dead "farangs".

And THAT is what is meant by "the mafia".

It's time to hit the rich big shots where it hurts them ,,,,,,,, in their wallets and bank accounts.

sad.png

• Like 1

Quite often, Thainess is "see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil". If the government wants to make Thailand a better place for Thai people, it must realize Mafia no longer means Italian criminals. After looking at the definitions of Mafia, Wiki sums it up best.

Mafia is a type of organized crime syndicate that primarily practices protection racketeering — the use of violent intimidation to manipulate local economic activity, especially illicit trade; secondary activities may be practiced such as drug-trafficking, loan sharking and fraud. Being bonded together by a code of honour, in particular the code of silence (or omertà in southern Italy), safeguards the Mafia from outside intrusion and law enforcement action.

So, ... there is no such activity as defined above on the island? I would be gobsmacked if the answer is there is no such activity.

Oi!!! See this is what I mean... in one report, the police farce is back on square one, still looking at the CCTV footage while the world has moved on, and then you have the DPM here who is so cocksure the perps WILL be caught. Does he know something the police don't and if he does, why isn't he sharing the info??? Yet, in ANOTHER report, the police is pursuing three 'suspects'. It is frustrating enough for a bystander like me when I read all these conflicting reports - can someone with half a pea of a brain out there put a stop to all these, focus on catching the killer and putting a proper closure to this episode, so the deceased can have the respect they deserve and their families can move on with life? Really, their capability for being this stupid is honestly amazing.

whatever " soon" means in this country...

Didn't they say pretty much the same thing around one week ago? Soon, they will be caught, soon, the case is 85% finished, all these BS statements plucked out of thin air. Hey guys and gals, I am 73.29% hungry at the moment, where is my proof, well just take my word for it, I'm a professional thumbsup.gif

You are absolutely correct. The Thai police would have been much smarter if they had never released even one thing about this investigation instead of trying to gain trust by being transparent.

Its not lime the attempt at transparency was appreciated by any of these monday morning quarterbacks on TVF who think having the complete DVD set of CSI:Miami makes them investigators .

I don't have any emoticons to attach here.

You actually think the RTP are doing a professional competent job in this investigation, diligently pursuing the case to conclusion in the interests of justice, free from influence and manipulations from powerful interested parties?

Re-resting DNA samples.- any ideas on today's gem of transparency?

You are no doubt waiting the imminent arrests, prosecution and conviction of the murders as repeatedly stated by senior police offices.

I salute your loyalty and confidence in the RTP.

Or are you simply arguing against 99% of posters who see the operation as a farce enacted by bumbling idiots saying anything purely to make a statement?

I would agree that 99% of the posters are extremely jaded and negative about their view of RTP since they love to sing in chorus how the police cant do anything right but the jails are full of criminals. Go figure.

Do I think the KT killers will be caught? I think there is a very good chance they will.

But mostly I just get tired of all the negativity of so many here on TVF ever since this brutal murder happened. It has fully exposed a very ugly mindset amongst many farang that seem to hold everyone and everything about Thailand in vile contempt. I suppose that is part of what I find offensive and offer a counterpoint to.

I would prefer to see discussions based on intellect and reason rather than lynchmob emotions.

Thanks for asking. Cheers

• Like 1

no credence to the rumors that there were mafia in operation on the island...Koh Tao Island itself remains vibrant and healthy...confidence in the security and general safety of the island...island remains one of the favored destinations for both local and foreign tourists...

...no mafia on a vibrant, healthy, favorite tourist destination...ok...

..."he stated that there was no credence to the rumors that there were mafia in operation on the island"...

The deputy pm fits well into the investigation. There's mafia in all tourist destinations.

And then there's good old Panya: "He"..."was confident that the police have acquired all the necessary evidence to accurately identify the suspects." Again??? "All that remain was for at least two witnesses to come forward to make the case a solid one." That can be arranged. Where and when does he want them?

How utterly helpless the RTP are. It's not even hilarious, just terribly saaddening. Especially for the families of the victims. I will never ever go to Koh Tao.

Not ever going to Koh Tao because of this is ridiculous. Every Thai island has some form of Mafia so maybe you should just leave Thailand.It's still safer here than anywhere in Europe or the US...Heinous crimes happen everywhere...Corruption is also rampant everywhere.Perhaps the politicians and police are so good at it in the West that they haven't been caught yet!!!

Can't actually remember when two tourists were hacked to death on the beaches of Southern France or the Californian coast. Anyway you obviously think it is perfectly safe to go to Koh Tao with these maniacs still on the loose. Go ahead, make my day.

• Like 2

I am not!

What about the PM and deputy PM?

I thought these men wanted to bring back Thailand from the brink?

This case and the Red bull case would be a MASSIVE sign of intent ,in my honest opinion.

They could have been a pivotal moment in the history and future of Thailand.

I hope it is not too late - hopefully they are preparing a strategy that makes the perfect outcome in the end

"... and stressed that there were no mafia operating on the island." blink.png

Mafia:

(usu. mafia) any organized group using extortion and other criminal methods.

(usu. mafia) a closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence.

"...vowed to tackle influential rackets and illegitimate businesses on the tourist island, and pledged to punish soldiers or police patronising these people or their activities." wai2.gifwai.gif

racketeer:

noun

a person who engages in dishonest and fraudulent business dealings.

"the senior police officer on the island assured us the culprit could not have been a Thai person."

"No Thai could possibly commit such a crime, he said"

Is this simply... Thainess?

I'm so confused...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/764544-thai-villagers-face-eviction-threats-from-mafia/

Edited by iReason

Would have been best if he had said hopeful, instead of confident. After 3 weeks of inept police work the chances of resolving this case are sadly very low.

First off, you should not be allowed to have that image as your avatar.

As for low chances, you completely under-estimate that there are no such thing as long-term secrets in Thai society. Loyalties and relationships shift and on small islands with limited resources there are power plays and treachery amongst the powerful families. Beside the simple fact there was more than one attacker and yabba was most likely involved and this was an impulsive crime rather than one methodically planned. In time someone will talk. That is how police work actually occurs the majority of the time.

But rather than have patience, most TV posters have been hollering about every news article like some dog barking at every car that passes by.

Edited by ClutchClark

Meanwhile in the tourism sector, Ms. Kobkarnjana Wattanawarangkun the Minister for Tourism and Sports, stated that the general atmosphere on Koh Tao Island itself remains vibrant and healthy.

From everything I have read and heard its in a free fall dive.

Vibrant and healthy.

They really do think we are as gullible and stupid as them.

..."he stated that there was no credence to the rumors that there were mafia in operation on the island"...

The deputy pm fits well into the investigation. There's mafia in all tourist destinations.

And then there's good old Panya: "He"..."was confident that the police have acquired all the necessary evidence to accurately identify the suspects." Again??? "All that remain was for at least two witnesses to come forward to make the case a solid one." That can be arranged. Where and when does he want them?

How utterly helpless the RTP are. It's not even hilarious, just terribly saaddening. Especially for the families of the victims. I will never ever go to Koh Tao.

Not ever going to Koh Tao because of this is ridiculous. Every Thai island has some form of Mafia so maybe you should just leave Thailand.It's still safer here than anywhere in Europe or the US...Heinous crimes happen everywhere...Corruption is also rampant everywhere.Perhaps the politicians and police are so good at it in the West that they haven't been caught yet!!!

Can't actually remember when two tourists were hacked to death on the beaches of Southern France or the Californian coast. Anyway you obviously think it is perfectly safe to go to Koh Tao with these maniacs still on the loose. Go ahead, make my day.

the amount of frantic fear-frottage in these forums the past weeks is almost palpable, Fox news could do no worse with kill-Bill O'Reilly weighing in here with his spin factor

..perhaps that's where all the punters are getting their lines from, c'mon folks, get a grip... and i don't mean your pistil

btw the spelling here is pure <deleted>

• Like 1

Would have been best if he had said hopeful, instead of confident. After 3 weeks of inept police work the chances of resolving this case are sadly very low.

As for low chances, you completely under-estimate that there are no such thing as long-term secrets in Thai society. Loyalties and relationships shift and on small islands with limited resources there are power plays and treachery amongst the powerful families. Beside the simple fact there was more than one attacker and yabba was most likely involved and this was an impulsive crime rather than one methodically planned. In time someone will talk. That is how police work actually occurs the majority of the time.

But rather than have patience, most TV posters have been hollering about every news article like some dog barking at every car that passes by.

I am still patiently waiting for answers to the Canadian Belanger sisters tragedy on Phi Phi - 2012 , and many other incidents which were handled in pretty much the same way. Justice, not patience .

Sure, in time, someone may be brave/ stupid enough to talk, but if it's not what those with vested interests want to hear, will swiftly be discredited and most likely meet with an accident.

Just how high up does the control of Koh Tao, and possibly other islands, really go.....for the DPM to come out and make these statements, there's some very strong influence being felt.

I don't thinks its influence per se. The problem is that Thai politicians, up to and including the deputy PM, can't bring themselves to come out and admit it exists. Not because of the influence itself, but because to admit it exists means lost face and, the need to do something about it.

If Thais refuse to accept it exists, then it doesn't. Case closed. You can't solve a problem if you're in denial that it exists. But what does the government care about such things? I suspect not much. What they want is the fuss to die down and for things to go on as before.

I also feel a media restriction coming on. Hope I'm wrong on that but it seems like it to me.

• Like 1

And also hollering at actual contradictory, confusing and downright ridiculous comments by numerous police officers? Or is that also part of the sub plot involving professional police work that you seem to feel exists?

The police have been the biggest contributor to people's sense of outrage, although the Deputy PM is now trying to rival them apparently. If they don't know who did it, and don't know when they will know, why not say so instead of coming up with one inane comment after another? There are too many of them for me to bother quoting, but examples are sprinkled all over this and other threads.

The US is a far more dangerous country for tourists in regard to violent crime, than Thailand.

"In 1991, 35,000 tourists were either mugged, raped, or robbed in Florida and since then its gone up." is one statistic, although it really refers to "visitors" rather than just bona fide tourists. However, a more precise figure is "In the last 12 months, nine tourists have been killed in Florida." (1993)

http://www.fumento.com/crime/florida.html

Either way, making out Thailand to be some kind of murder capital for tourists is just wrong.

• Like 1