My Philippine Girlfriend refused visa for Thailand from Cebu Consulate.

My gf applied for a visa to stay 2 months with me in Thailand. I provided her :

- 20.000 Pesos, proof of payment to her included.

- Affidavit of support

- To who it might concern letter, I am her bf, where we stay, and proof of stay.

- Copy of my passport, and hers

- Copy of my tickets and hers.

Now I had another gf, some years ago (no, they not know), who with this got her visa with no problem in Manila. Here refused for these reason

They don't want copy's

The Affidavit has to be issued by their Embassy in my country, and they need the ORIGINAL to be send by me.

They want a handwritten letter that I support her.

In fact the proof of support, the bookings should be enough. Original? I send once an original to the Philippines, and they never got it! Then I am not talking about the lecture my gf, 24, got because she was dating a foreigner, which was a bad thing.

I cannot go to the embassy. I live remote in France and am Belgian. Now way for me to furfill their ridiculous demands! Of course my actual gf is very shy and not confident, I think they should not have put the shit with my former one.

My concern is this. On itself, if not taking in account stupid officers, pleased to show their power to an innocent young girl, this is not a huge problem. She has 2 stamps to Thailand in her passport, and was hardly interviewed last time. But although, she would have a 3 week overstay, also no problem with the new extension regulation in Thailand (although wasting a day in immigration), the problem and stress it causes is:

For the airline company, she is abroad 7 weeks, has a return ticket, but no visa. Will they allow to board?

For immigration in Philippines, Manila, same thing.

If she gets through, other problem is Thai immigration. But there I am more confident, never been asked my return ticket neither my companion's in 25 years. As it is legal to ask extension in Thailand for up to 30 days, going to local immigration and pay a fee, this should work also. But then it messes up my schedule.

So what do you think? Is there a chance she can leave anyway? Should I buy another ticket for return earlier? But that would be wasted money....

You may have a bigger problem with Philippines immigration allowing her to leave

That is exactly my point! She left without too much hassle 2 times, but then not extended the 30 days allowance. Note with the new extension rule, this should not be a problem, but we know all Philippine immigration and when you give them an opportunity to refuse!

You may have a bigger problem with Philippines immigration allowing her to leave

That is exactly my point! She left without too much hassle 2 times, but then not extended the 30 days allowance. Note with the new extension rule, this should not be a problem, but we know all Philippine immigration and when you give them an opportunity to refuse!

If she already got out of the country twice as a tourist she will have more chance of not having problems with the immigration. I think better not to apply a tourist visa in the Philippines as for Filipinos getting a tourist visa is not that easy unless you can show them proof of funds (meaning lots of funds). Just do what I did, get a return ticket which is not more than 2 weeks (meaning she will be coming back to Philippines in two weeks time or less) that way the officers will really think she is a tourist, and bring bank statements (if she has some), and hotel booking. It will be more expensive coz I have to change my booking if I want to stay longer but if it means not getting problems with immigration then its worth it. And this way there is no need to provide any of your documents coz providing them will just make things even more complicated. And tell her to be confident. If she has done this twice then I'm sure she kind of already knows what it is like.

If she already got out of the country twice as a tourist she will have more chance of not having problems with the immigration. I think better not to apply a tourist visa in the Philippines as for Filipinos getting a tourist visa is not that easy unless you can show them proof of funds (meaning lots of funds). Just do what I did, get a return ticket which is not more than 2 weeks (meaning she will be coming back to Philippines in two weeks time or less) that way the officers will really think she is a tourist, and bring bank statements (if she has some), and hotel booking. It will be more expensive coz I have to change my booking if I want to stay longer but if it means not getting problems with immigration then its worth it. And this way there is no need to provide any of your documents coz providing them will just make things even more complicated. And tell her to be confident. If she has done this twice then I'm sure she kind of already knows what it is like.

I agree, but when you apply for a visa, you already have booked the trip, and have to show the ticket. So that would mean changing it to prior date, to change it again after that. That would be a real loss of money, and immigration always have right to refuse boarding. And the dates on my hotels reservation not match any more.

the op already give the reasons why pi immi refuse departure. if she comply with those reasons then she should be good to depart but arrival in thai is another story yet to reveal itself.

Not any concern about that. I let a gf come from Philippines 7 time now, never a problem or even question from Thai Immigration.

I will buy a second return ticket, 4200 bht, wasted money, but better then to be denied acess.

you live in remote France, your girlfriend lives in the Phillipines and she was was refused a visa to visit you in Thailand. I wonder why

You find that any of their business, really? The issue is that I support her or not, and that it is a risk, she would work, stay in Thailand. If they are convinced I support her, the moral issue is private, as long as she is not used as a prostitute, and then they should give the visa. If I would NOT support her, she cannot proof she has means to travel. The stamps in her passport also proves, she came back in time.

The problem now is to pass Philippine immigration without visa for a stay of 45 days, nothing else. And our situation is not uncommon. Try to get a Filipina into France or Belgium, hardly ever granted. I know guys married already, where Belgian immigration, will find reasons to refuse entry.

Here it all makes no sense, as she not even NEED a visa to Thailand as she can stay 30 days and even get 30 days extension. The visa is only to leave the country without any problems with airlines and Phil immigration.

Welcome to the "..how to make my life complicated.." club.

All complications regarding this kind of crap ceased when we (my Thai wife and I) got married and she adopted my family name.

All complications regarding this kind of crap ceased when we (my Thai wife and I) got married and she adopted my family name.

Bet you had other crap instead.....

Well problem solved. I broke up. Enough ladies in Thailand.

True love eh..

totster smile.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You broke up with her because you couldn't get her a visa? Now I'm glad she was denied. Yikes!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You broke up with her because you couldn't get her a visa? Now I'm glad she was denied. Yikes!

Tired of these complications. Enough is enough.