Kawasaki Versys 650 2015

ll2

• 2 weeks later...

What is the price of the new 2015 650cc ? Cannot see it on Kwacker w/site

323k baht which is okay, I like it very much and are just on the edge of buying one myself.

Perfect bike for Thailand and taller riders will find it very comfortable.

Green or black, hmm, I saw/sat on a green one at the Kawa dealer in Pattaya, looks good.

It gets very good reviews and this tester (and 09 Versys owner himself) find it more intense than the V-strom in tight corners.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/2015-kawasaki-versys-650-abslt-first-ride-review.html

I binned my plans for buying a Bonneville for now, too much shit is going on with the dealers right now.

• Like 2

There's actually a ton of new stuff - all this makes for a better bike. Particularly like the hard saddle bags (is the "LT" model sold in Thailand?); and stronger engine and better range thanks to more tank capacity are both great. Better windshield too, that was sorely needed. Getting used to the look - it's... OK.

From http://www.sportrider.com/sportbikes/2015-kawasaki-versys-650-and-versys-650-lt-first-look

• NEW Front-end styling with an aggressive and functional design
  • NEW Repositioned footpegs and rubber-mounted engine for extended comfort
  • NEW Larger windshield with increased adjustability provides better wind protection
  • NEW SHOWA front suspension with easy adjustment
  • NEW KYB rear shock with remote preload adjuster
  • NEW Passenger grips for increased confidence and comfort incorporating KQR™ saddlebag mounting system
  • NEW Brake master cylinders and Nissin calipers
  • NEW More power and torque from 649cc parallel-twin engine with Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®)
  • NEW Larger fuel tank for extended range
  • NEW Rear subframe allows increased payload capacity
  • •NEW KQR™ (Kawasaki Quick Release) Hard Saddlebags and Hand Protectors (standard equipment on the LT model)
  • Extensive selection of Kawasaki Genuine Accessories

• 2 weeks later...

Was out yesterday for a nice little morning ride of 50km.

The bike is very comfortable and at lowest screen settings I hardly fell any wind up to 130km/h and can keep the visor open if I want, I just wanted to keep going man, the riding position is just perfect for me and the seat feels good too.

Did a couple of short burst up to 160km/h which the bike achieve very fast but are running the engine in, so go up and down in speed/revs all the time and don't want to red line it too much.

The road I rode on is pretty straight following the coast going South (Sukumvitt), will try finding some twisted roads so I can try that out. Wish sometimes I live in North Thailand, they got awesome bike roads up there but no beaches.

The instrument cluster has started to rattle at idle, hmm, shit. Seems like a common problem on the V650's. I gonna pick up the mandatory insurance sticker at the Kawa dealer next week and will see what they can to about it.

My insurance broker did a fxxx up with my first class insurance, in the policy it says; coverage theft/fire: 230K baht, shit man, I asked for 320K baht, looks like they swapped some no's. No more riding before sorted out, I want piece of mind when riding, well well.

I am sooo glad I bought this bike and got it in Kawa green color too, several tourists came and had a closer look at the V when I had breakfast downtown Pattaya before my ride. I go look at it before going to bed and when I wake up in the morning, he-he. biggrin.pngattachicon.gifVersys morning ride.jpg

cool bro! bike looks great in green with updated plastics. much more better and sporty looking.

You can redline it at times for better break in but not all the time.

for twisties, you can go through Kanchanaburi Sisawat or Sangklaburi routes:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/Kanchanaburi+Bus+Station+Ban+Nuea+Kanchanaburi/Si+Sawat+District,+Kanchanaburi/@14.412272,99.0198103,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e3735f075b8a7d:0x4ca652a99d35d68b!2m2!1d99.525661!2d14.0027!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e40619f6775b6f:0x304fb54b0087af0!2m2!1d99.1013498!2d14.7590649

https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/Kanchanaburi+Bus+Station+Ban+Nuea+Kanchanaburi/Sangkhla+Buri+Police+Station+Nong+Lu+Kanchanaburi/@14.5865293,98.4089381,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e3735f075b8a7d:0x4ca652a99d35d68b!2m2!1d99.525661!2d14.0027!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e6618837b987e9:0x6b8dd359b650b823!2m2!1d98.453505!2d15.155776

or this route and around these national parks:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/304,+Tambon+Muang+Kao,+Amphoe+Kabin+Buri,+Chang+Wat+Prachin+Buri+25240/14.4537437,101.8999331/@14.1181117,101.2764884,10z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m10!1m1!1s0x311c8a7a051a334d:0x4f6160d8bcc43626!2m2!1d101.763149!2d13.991724!3m4!1m2!1d102.0005014!2d14.5957313!3s0x311c069313bd35d7:0xdf5b2c0a7f6e839f!1m0!3e0

These are not far away from you and you can do day rides easily if you start early in the morning.

Regarding insurance, they either did something wrong or you got a bad deal. It has to cover at least 80 percent of the value of the bike and deductible of 10 k thb is very high as if a normal drop, plastics etc mostly repairs cost less than 10 k thb so you pay the amount from your pocket.

It has to be 5 k thb deductible max. Tokio Marine Insurance i have covers 80 percent and deductible is 5 k. Viriyah something insurance covers 90 percent of bike value bike deductible is 10 k thb but it was 4000 thb more expensive than Tokio Marine.

Check with your broker.

And rattles from the instrument cluster: I had a slight rattle at my instrument cluster too but they fixed it. Keep in mind, these are Thai made bikes so do not expect Japanese levels of quality plus you got one of the first ones of new versys model so you will most likely encounter some of these issues and recalls as bike being a newer model.

Happy and safe rides!

• Like 1

Was out yesterday for a nice little morning ride of 50km.

The bike is very comfortable and at lowest screen settings I hardly fell any wind up to 130km/h and can keep the visor open if I want, I just wanted to keep going man, the riding position is just perfect for me and the seat feels good too.

Did a couple of short burst up to 160km/h which the bike achieve very fast but are running the engine in, so go up and down in speed/revs all the time and don't want to red line it too much.

The road I rode on is pretty straight following the coast going South (Sukumvitt), will try finding some twisted roads so I can try that out. Wish sometimes I live in North Thailand, they got awesome bike roads up there but no beaches.

The instrument cluster has started to rattle at idle, hmm, shit. Seems like a common problem on the V650's. I gonna pick up the mandatory insurance sticker at the Kawa dealer next week and will see what they can to about it.

My insurance broker did a fxxx up with my first class insurance, in the policy it says; coverage theft/fire: 230K baht, shit man, I asked for 320K baht, looks like they swapped some no's. No more riding before sorted out, I want piece of mind when riding, well well.

I am sooo glad I bought this bike and got it in Kawa green color too, several tourists came and had a closer look at the V when I had breakfast downtown Pattaya before my ride. I go look at it before going to bed and when I wake up in the morning, he-he. biggrin.pngattachicon.gifVersys morning ride.jpg

If they can't fix that rattle...double sided insulation tape that is used around windows works well at suppressing that type of noise.

Rattling noise is a common problem for previous generations of Versys. Lots of ideas from Versys forums as to how others try to fix it. I don't bother with mine - I just wear earplugs and can't hear it.

I'm surprised that they have not fixed this problem in the new Versys.

It's really a shame Kawasaki is selling this 313000 Baht bike with the dunlop d222 tires. not even pirelli scorpion...

those tires are not good.

also, the lack of the rear guard that that versys 1000 has...

• Like 1